Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yay I got my place in DIT..

Options
  • 24-08-2006 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

...but wont be here for the first 3 days of the course.... Am i going to miss out on much? Is it very difficult to find your way around Mount Joy Square college?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 eimhinr

cool, what are you doing there? im in bolton street and i was lost for months...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Grim_Reaper

Design Display... seems like an ok job. Did you settle in quickly though?

im doing architectural technology, its studio based so we setted down fairly quickly, within the first two weeks or so, i wouldnt worry bout missing the first few days, people may be coming in on late offers for a while, you probably wont be alone

Ah cool =) Architectural technology- that sounds like a fun course! I'd love to do architecture... TG was my favourite and best subject throughout secondary school. ...heh... I did it on my own with the teacher for 2 years even. Are you enjoying your course?

i love my course, but its allot of work,9 to 6 days every day, but there are good vibes in the studio, i was the same, i pissed through td in school

• Advertisement

That's cool. Yeah, it's such an interesting subject. i'd love to use it again... Can't do architecture though unless I go study science. Maybe it'll come to use in display... haha... not likely but maybe!

haha you never know with these things, the more you know the better in general

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I'm in my fourth and final year in Kevin Street and I will unfortunately be missing the first ten days of this year,.....I'm ermmm slighty worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,298 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

eimhinr wrote:
    i love my course, but its allot of work,9 to 6 days every day, but there are good vibes in the studio, i was the same, i pissed through td in school
    Are you going into 2nd or third year.
    Either way work its going to get harder and days longer.

in going into secondyear, i got through firstyear with no hicups... im really looking forward to it now...

• Advertisement

eimhinr wrote:
    in going into secondyear, i got through firstyear with no hicups... im really looking forward to it now...

well second year is very different, but i thought it was better than first, get stuck in early and you'll be grand

Mellor wrote:
    well second year is very different, but i thought it was better than first, get stuck in early and you'll be grand

yeah, i gathered as much, ive been workin for an architect for the summer, got me some good experence in =) once theres plenty of wine receptions ill be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JennaRachelle

Hey, when does DIT actually start? Like, on the calender, it says Sep1st 2006, Session Commences? What does that mean? Bc then it says that classes really start on the 18th. Confused...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JennaRachelle

Hey, when does DIT actually start? Like, on the calender, it says Sep1st 2006, Session Commences? What does that mean? Bc then it says that classes really start on the 18th. Confused...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Repeats start on the 4th. I'd say it'll be past the 15th before everyone else goes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

I got a letter in the post this morning saying I'm back on the 18th so I assume pretty much everyone else does as well

Second year onwards are back on the 18th.
    First years are starting on the 12th I believe.

you're not serious are you??? Ahhh... i wont be in til the 21st or 22nd... uh oh! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

hey! i got my place in DIT too and i'm chuffed :D

Havent heard **** all fro mthe college though, so I still dont know when I'm starting.

Those are registration days, class wont start until the end of the week or even the next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

i got my letter from DIT today. They told me registration is on in Aungier St. on the 12th of septamber at 11.30 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

got mine 2 :D in augier street

not letter yet though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

still haven't gotten my letter to say when i'm back, but i assume since lectures start back on the 18th that's when i'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

irlmarc wrote:
    I'm in my fourth and final year in Kevin Street and I will unfortunately be missing the first ten days of this year,.....I'm ermmm slighty worried!
    I never bothered with the first week or two of each year, for the simple reason that it usually took them that long to get any lectures organised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, they're not exactly organised. I have a repeat to do, but it's only a formality that'll take 10 minutes... but do ya think they know when it's on? Nope, they've no idea. I was told I'll have to wait for the lecturers to come back on the 1st of September before I can find out. So I might get hmmm... 3 days notice and most definitly no notice in writing. Heh, that's hilarious.

Advertisement