Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexander Scriabin

• 24-08-2006 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

My Dad introduced me to the music of Alexander Scriabin a little while back and I did some research into him. He wrote beautiful pianowerks, and I would recommend you listen to him. Look especially for stuff recorded by Roberto Szidon, as it is the best.

Some of his stuff is often regarded as unplayable, with a only small amount of people in the world actually capable of playing it. Scriabin himself injured his hands so badly trying to play his music that he rendered himself incapable.

Read this to find out what was really 'experimental' about him. All I've got to say is, the guy was ****ing nuts.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scriabin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Never heard of him but he sounds fascinating. What would be a good place to start? There's an awful lot of stuff on amazon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Basically anything by him is good. His earlier stuff is very Romantic but as it gets on it becomes more and more modern and.. physical. You won't go wrong if it's stuff recorded by Vladamir Horowitz or Roberto Szidon (who happend to be my Dads old piano teacher :))

I saw one on Amazon of his complete Sonatas played by Szidon. Looks like a good choice to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

well la dee da mr fish-head

/me waves at Nick's massive handed dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

his unrealized magnum opus Mysterium was to have been a grand week-long performance including music, scent, dance, and light in the foothills of the Himalayas that was to bring about the dissolution of the world

wow

Advertisement