Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

epson stylus printer help (cartridge refill)

• 24-08-2006 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

Tried to help someone with a printer problem (to no avail) EPSON STYLUS CX3650

he recently got a cartridge refilled (black) put it in the printer and since then the pages are feeding in and going through ok, but coming out blank, the pc is reporting no errors,

apparently he has used refills before and they worked fine, it is when he replaced this one that te trouble started,

i checked it out and all seemed fine, i tried a few things and printing test pages etc but they kept coming out blank, i also noticed that the ink levels were going down !??? seems weird.

any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well I guess if it only started happening with this cartridge then theres some sort of problem with it. Have you taken it out and inspected it, perhaps its leaking inside or something? I never dealt with refilling cartridges before so I'm not entirely sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

yeah i took it out, shook it, took out the others and compared it to them, made all stickers were off etc, pressed it against some paper to see if any black ink smudged off and it did

dunno about leaking inside, i couldnt see any evidence, i also tried printing red text to see if it was just the black replaced cart but that didnt print either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hmm could be something to do with the cartridge nozzle perhaps, either that or the pickup roller for the paper is not doing its job. Hopefully you'll get a few more ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Perform Clean & Align.
    If it still fails:Check that you didn't damage printer's pins when taking the cartridge out/putting it back in, then go back to wherever did the refill and ask them to test/inspect it.

dunno didnt come across that option, there was a clean heads option on the printer itself which i did, its too awkward to see in the back of where the carts go to know if anything has been damaged.

the guy who owns it is a bit mad, i wouldn't be surprised if he stuck a pliers in there :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

i have heard that epsons printers sometime dont handle cheap ink well id say its blocked somewhere id say your best bet would be to buy a cleaning cartridge i seen them on a couple of ink websites not sure if you can get them in ink shops

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Moving - does not appear windows related

Have you done a self test page on the printer iteslf (not the printer driver) with the cable not plugged into the computer ?

Epson are known for thier chipped cartridges to encourge you to buy epson ink and on others in the past you could not re ink cartridges once it went below a certain level since the printer "knew". - was the old cartridge totally empty before the refill ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

When you refil cartridges there is a procedure to follow. On the back of the cart there are contacts, goodl looking ones. And they have to be masked off sometimes ( for reasons unknown ) I have had problems a few times and what worked for me is to use some water to clean the contacts.

The reason it shows ink levels going down is because its the software thinking it is actuall using inks. Like on normal cartridges windows will show the cardidge as low/empty but you can carry on using it. Its a scam by printer makers to get you to buy another cartridge.

If he did it himself, do what i said above. If he had it done in a shop. take it back to them.

yeah the refills were done in a shop

i told him to buy 'new' cartridges and this should work, if not the printer is most likely going out with the dodo.

i reckon new carts will sort it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AlonsoX

Manties wrote: »
    When you refil cartridges there is a procedure to follow. On the back of the cart there are contacts, goodl looking ones. And they have to be masked off sometimes ( for reasons unknown ) I have had problems a few times and what worked for me is to use some water to clean the contacts.

The reason it shows ink levels going down is because its the software thinking it is actuall using inks. Like on normal cartridges windows will show the cardidge as low/empty but you can carry on using it. Its a scam by printer makers to get you to buy another cartridge.

If he did it himself, do what i said above. If he had it done in a shop. take it back to them.
    There is software availble which tells epson printers not to countthe ink usage on some Epson cartridges

• Advertisement
Advertisement