Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Talk

Options
  • 24-08-2006 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Have signed up for a broadband package w/UTV w/phone bundled in.

Are there any of you out there who have chosen same package?
    Are UTV ok?

Apparently, the line rental bill amount is the same amount as eircom's but as far as I understand, problem is why parents get free line rental, and i'm not sure if this is exclusively with eircom...

i have seen another thread on this topic, but there have probably been dvpts since then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

I have package from UTV. Line rental €24.18 + €29.99 for 2 MB broadband. Calls evening and weekends are free except mobiles. Never had any trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

I've just found this in the FAQs on the UTV site.

Will I still receive my line rental allowance if I change to UTV Talk? Yes, the Department of Social Welfare (DFSA) will still pay your line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

I have had the Broadband with them for just about a year now with no probs and line rental and calls for a bit longer. Im in the process now of migrating over to the Bt package 1 mb broadband, line rental and all calls peak and off peak (excluding mobiles and international) for €45 per month. UTV are very strict on the caps with broadband so just keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭chasm

esperanza wrote:
    Have signed up for a broadband package w/UTV w/phone bundled in.

Are there any of you out there who have chosen same package?
    Are UTV ok?

Apparently, the line rental bill amount is the same amount as eircom's but as far as I understand, problem is why parents get free line rental, and i'm not sure if this is exclusively with eircom...

i have seen another thread on this topic, but there have probably been dvpts since then.

Hi esperanza i have the utv clicksilver package and i get the free line rental from the S.W as well. UTV do accept it but you need to make sure that you inform them of this, dont assume that eircom will do this for you. It may take a few weeks for them to sort it out though and i think you have to notify the S.W. that you are changing provider.
    Im on the 29.99 package and that is all that my BB costs me per month plus, at the most E6 for phone calls. UTV are great for the free calls part of their package but i have had a few problems with them myself which unfortunately took months for them to rectify. Overall they are ok though.

Advertisement