Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

economy 4x4

Options
  • 24-08-2006 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭

thinking of getting an economic 4x4 , was thinking of a 2001 Honda crv, but for around the same price can get a Suzuki Grand Vitara diesel 2001 as well , both are 2 litre . Would the suzuki be as reliable as the honda , also which would be cheaper to run , fuel wise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I had an 03 Honda CRV(bought new) and I think it used petrol when it was switched off !

Very thirsty - (at best)mid 20's short/town journeys,low 30's long ones - and I consider myself gentle with the right foot. It had an iVTEC engine which was supposed be more economical than the previous one.

I only kept it a year,a really dreary machine.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think there really is such a thing as an economical 4x4. They tend to have the aerodynamics of a block and are very heavy due to the 4wd drive train among other things.

Obviously I think a diesel one would be more economical than a petrol one.

I think the Nissan X-Trail or Toyota Rav4 are supposed to be sort of economical in petrol form but again the diesel versions will probably be better and easier to sell on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

real world economy of Toyota Rav4 1.8 2WD and 2.0 D-4D 4WD is pretty close. but the diesel is grippier and better for towing. They tend to be dearer than Grand Vitaras and CR-V's though.

Advertisement