Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone do a bios Hot Swap for me(DFI UT NF4 Ultra D)

Options
  • 24-08-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Flashed my bios, went belly up, power light flashing, seems like it went wrong, would anyone be able to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

were you trying to do the mod i just did, mod the ultra D, to a sli D ?

and why did you not use the winflash bios flasher, which is done in windows, and just requires a reboot is all !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

na, was using TMOD's cd of bios's(http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22031) and seemed to have flashed an incompatible bios onto the board, i will be doing that SLI-mod as soon as she's fixed tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

please tell me you did a backup of your BIOS first. Why do so many people skip this step? Just flash it again with the correct version.

and how can i flash it without a working bios?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

well if you can come down to galway i can help ya.

hmm.. have u done a hot swap before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

L31mr0d wrote:
    please tell me you did a backup of your BIOS first. Why do so many people skip this step? Just flash it again with the correct version.

he cant flash it if he cant boot the pc :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Dj, I have a dfi ultra D, bios chip is accesable(no case) you can do it if you still plan on picking up that gear. Not sure how you do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

djmarkus wrote:
    hmm.. have u done a hot swap before?

nope but suppose you do ?

• Advertisement

if the board is newish, just rma it, say it just went tits up. I think there is a jumper setting to allow you into a backup bios if all goes wrong, but im not sure. Will check it out for you.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

*Edit*
    An RMA will take weeks and its some Gigabyte boards that have a Dual cmos chip so you can hot flash from one to the other.......

conzymaher wrote:
    An RMA will take weeks and its some Gainward boards that have a Dual cmos chip so you can hot flash from one to the other.......

gigabyte too

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I meant Gigabyte :o

Gainward dont even make motherboards:D

Luckily i have a spare MSI neo4 NF4 SLI m/b that has the exact same bios chip! so i hotswapped and now everythings brilliant again.

Krazy i'll be out some time next week to collect mb/cpu.

Cheers guys

Advertisement