Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed IP address for Broadband access

• 24-08-2006 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

I have a friend who is coming to Ireland for 5 months who will be working from a rented house in Ringsend and he must have a Fixed IP address for his broadband connection.

There is fone and NTL connected to the house but I dont know if yet if either can deliver BB.

Would appreciate any suggestions who/how this service can be delivered?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Irish Broadband are the best in this matter to be honest. Fixed IP comes as standard on their 1MB and 2MB packages. I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Yeah Irish Broadband are the best. Not.

Your friend's best bet is eircom, believe it or not. 6 month contract and you can with a bit of persistence order a static IP address with the service. It's possible some of the resellers offer static IP addresses too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I think IBB have a year contract so they wouldn't suit your friend. I use their 2Mb Breeze product for surfing and for my webserver and have had no issues.

Make sure that whoever he signs up with doesn't need a years commitment for a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Netsource have fixed IP and rolling 3 month contract.

EDIT: The reselling of the eircom's dsl, that is. They were bought by Magnet who have ADSL+, this is NOT the package i'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Thanks quys: Mod u can lock this post if u wish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement