Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel Prestige 630

Options
  • 24-08-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

This is the crappy modem that BT gaves us when we first got internet! It only has the RJ-11 port for the phoneline and the USB port, i assume that its USB powered, is there a cable i can get that will plug the modem via the USB port into a router, but the USB cable has to supply power to the modem????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I personally have never heard of a router that can do what you want. You'd probably be better off just to buy a new ADSL Router and not use the Zyxel at all. They're not that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ring BT, say the modem is constantly restarting and they will send you the newer version of that modem (P660).
    There is a power brick for that modem - do you not have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

WizZard wrote:
    Ring BT, say the modem is constantly restarting and they will send you the newer version of that modem (P660).
    There is a power brick for that modem - do you not have it?

There is no power connections at all on this modem! Its cool, i just ordered a Dlink modem. Thanks for the help guys.

Advertisement