Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary-Teaching Postgrad (Mary I - Feb 07)

Options
  • 24-08-2006 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey there!
    Anyone else interested in applying for the Primary Teaching postgrad in Mary I this year (starting Feb 07)? Or maybe you applied last year...

I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea of the application date? Is it September or October I think? Will ring the college too but would be good 2chat with other people going for it!

....although they are the competition!!! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Huntwell wrote:
    Hey there!
    Anyone else interested in applying for the Primary Teaching postgrad in Mary I this year (starting Feb 07)? Or maybe you applied last year...

I'm just wondering if anyone has an idea of the application date? Is it September or October I think? Will ring the college too but would be good 2chat with other people going for it!

....although they are the competition!!! ;)

One tip I'll give you is you'll need to be absolutely precise in every way when applying to Mary I. The easiest and safest place to find the application date is by contacting them. Dont rely on third party information for details of that importance.

Here's a start. http://www.mic.ul.ie/prospectivestudents/Postgraduate/GradDipPrimEd.htm

You'll need to be absolutely flawlessly prepared in both your English and Irish interviews, and you'll need a whole lot of luck. Plenty of people have got 2 A's in the assessment interviews and didnt get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Huntwell

Thanks 4the reply Trotter. Yep I know it's very tough going to even get 2 A's in the interview, then...even the many people who do get them..still don't necessarily get in! Still gonna go for it though! Have been subbing for ages now & my Irish is good enough..polishing it up for the last while! I'm gonna try ONCE & if not, I'm gonna go the Hibernia route. Not gonna go to UK, was considering it (applied late) but nah! Too much stuff going on here for me. Ta 4reply! ;)

Huntwell wrote:
    Thanks 4the reply Trotter. Yep I know it's very tough going to even get 2 A's in the interview, then...even the many people who do get them..still don't necessarily get in! Still gonna go for it though! Have been subbing for ages now & my Irish is good enough..polishing it up for the last while! I'm gonna try ONCE & if not, I'm gonna go the Hibernia route. Not gonna go to UK, was considering it (applied late) but nah! Too much stuff going on here for me. Ta 4reply! ;)

No hassle! Im doing Hibernia now and Im delighted I didnt get Mary I to be honest. Im confident enough that I'll be worth hiring this time next year, so dont worry about going the hibernia route at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Huntwell

Well done Trotter! Sorry 4delay replying - back at school subbing til Christmas - madness! Yep I've heard great things about Hibernia! Wil try Mary I once, then Hibernia. Best of luck on your course! & with all your lesson plans!! :( ...it'll be worth it in the end!!!! Think - getting paid for the Summer etc.!! : ))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

has the course been advertised yet?
    How many places are actually availible on the course or does it vary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 buttons/shelly

ya the course has been advertised. the closing date for application forms is Friday the 3rd of November at five o clock. There are 280 places available between all the colleges (Mary I, St. Pat's, Froebel & Marino ):)

I Am Going To Apply For The Post Grad In Mary I As Well !! R U All Prepared ?

Trotter,
    Is It Difficult To Get Into The Hibernia Route ?
    What About Motivation ?
    Is It Not Hard To Keep Yourself Motivated When You Dont Have Many Physical Lectures To Actually Attend?

Trotter,
    Is It Difficult To Get Into The Hibernia Route ?
    What About Motivation ?
    Is It Not Hard To Keep Yourself Motivated When You Dont Have Many Physical Lectures To Actually Attend?

buttons/shelly, I've had more questions from you this morning than a full week in infants! Most of your questions are relative.. like what about motivation? If you really want to be a primary teacher bad enough, you'd hop on one leg for 18 months if you thought it'd do the trick, so no, motivation for me isnt a problem.

You do have physical lectures to attend. I suggest you have a read of the course description on Hiberniacollege.net

Its difficult to get into because of the application numbers.

Advertisement