Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cream suit for the Debs

• 24-08-2006 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

K, i need some advice

Almost everyone Ive heard from is gettin a black/navy suit for the debs, but I want to get a cream/gold one from Blacktie

Just wonderin, if the suit suits me [:P] and I show up at the debs, and literally everyone else is wearin a dark suit, will I look like a twat????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

imo yes, unless you get a purple pimp suit with matching hat and feather and pimp cane.

tbh cream suits scream tackyness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

a white/cream suit is so 80s music video

the only place you could wear it today is [name of some very hot country]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Only on the very hottest day in the nicest hotel in Ireland. Don't do it. You will look like a complete twat. Take my word for it :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cream suits were fine on Miami Vice or the 80's but go with whatever you feel comfortable in. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think you'd look like an idiot.... but who knows you might pull it off. Ask your date what she thinks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

abetarrush wrote:
    will I look like a twat????

I'd hazard a guess that you would. Cream/Gold suits fine in the days of Wham/Miami Vice but not now methinks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Do not get a cream suit..they are terrible!!!
    If I saw some guy in one i'd say he was a knacker!

Go Black..way classier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how does it make a difference whether it's hot or not (weather wise)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

abetarrush wrote:
    will I look like a twat????

Yes.

You're probably thinking Humphrey Bogart in "Casablanca" but I'm thinking Tom Hanks in "Big".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

you might look like a twat and even may lok like a knacker, then again you might pull it off. But I would say you almost definiitely won't be the only one wearing one. And anyway most of the night will be too filled with drinkin and "jaysus I haven't seen you since before the leaving! what are you up to now?" for anyone to really care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

fvckit, cost too much, so jus got an uber-swanky black tux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Great to hear OP!
    Atleast you wont see the stains/minding it as much aswell.
    Have a good night:)

Cremo wrote:
    how does it make a difference whether it's hot or not (weather wise)??

It's because light coloured suits, usually made of silk or linen, were the preserve of the "colonies" and hotter climes They reflect the heat better and are usually made of a lighter material. It's just the traditional approach, and proper sartorial protocall. That's why you very rarely see them in Ireland. Therefore, you stick out like a sore thumb with one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just get a cool shirt, thats what i did, and get those scarft ties, i got a pink one, looked the shizzle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Dunno about yous, but at my debs the 2 or 3 lads who went for somethin different e.g. the pimp suit, the white suit etc got respect for standin out so fcuk it go for it i say.

Me, I personally loved my John Gotti Goodfellas type look, thats why i took off the dickie at the first opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i'd say go for it, everyone looking the same is sooooo boring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I'd say NNNNNOOOOOOO!!!

At my debs one fella wore a cream suit and he stood out alright but NOT in a good way trust me!

Have a black suit with gold waistcoat ect. cuz your going to take the jacket off anyway so it will be seen

Black suit with a gold waistcoat? That's worse than a cream suit. :eek:

Advertisement