Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BF2 Backup

• 25-08-2006 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Would now be the time to back up your BF2 Folder, Just incase:D
    You never know..... 1.4 + EA + no back up = :eek:

Im not taking any chances, 12months of fragging down tubes:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I have a copy of my BF2 folder on a seperate drive, but in the event of your PC going tits up even if you copy back across the folder you will need to register the registry keys again.

I ran into this problem yesterday to be exact, guess who DIDNT pull the registry keys out before hand.

I still have the valid CD key but my actual CD is in kildare somewhere, I had been running off an mini img for the last 3 months

Woe is me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

How could ya loose 12 months of playin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Go to D:\Program Files\EA GAMES
    Copy Entire Folder to same place so you have Bf2 folder and Copy of Bf2 folder.

Open Regedt and export all EA games and Dice registries relating to Bf2 in Hkey Local Use place them into the Copy of Bf2 folder.

Install patch if it ****s up delete reg settings and import old ones and delete Bf2 folder and rename copy of bf2 to Bf2.

It be fine.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

i was wondering the same thing :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

I ve spent 12 months tweeking setting's,configerations and the likes to get BF2 just the way I want it(based on my PC set up), be fooked if im going to do it again :p

I didnt mean stats:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I ve spent 12 months tweeking setting's,configerations and the likes to get BF2 just the way I want it(based on my PC set up), be fooked if im going to do it again :p

I didnt mean stats:D

Then just copy My Documents Bf2 folder to another place, stick it back in if anything happens

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

Yea Iv already done that M8
    I was replying to Spooky. thanks anyway;)

Advertisement