Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else sick of Dave Ghrol's clique?

• 25-08-2006 8:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

I was watching Scuzz the other morning, and Eagles of Death Metal came on, and I realised how utterly sick and tired I am of seeing Jack Black, Dave Ghrol and Josh Homme getting together and appearing in each others videos.

Im nt sure if Josh Homme is actually the drummer of EODM, but I have to be honest, i really am sick and tired of seeing this little clique on the TV.

I dont mind watching Jack Black movies, and the odd cameo appearance can be fun, but it just seems like every time theres a new video to be premiered ft. Dave Ghrol, Queens of the Stone Age, Tenacious D, EODM, Foo Fighters or one of Ghrols solo projects (like Probot) we can expect one of them to tag along and be involved

Im not a big fan of Nirvana, although I fully admit Ghrol has great talent and that Black is a funny man, im just sick of seeing them constantly on TV.

Does anyone else share my views?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

If this is the sort of thing keeping you up at night I think you need to cut down on your Scuzz watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

John wrote:
    If this is the sort of thing keeping you up at night I think you need to cut down on your Scuzz watching

Youve got a point, but I still think Dave Ghrol is on the box too much these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

Whats Scuzz?

TV channel that shows all that metal, punk, emo, etc. that's hip with the kids. It's not very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

To be honest Im much more sick of gee bags like this http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/drownindust/EmoFag.jpg and the rest of the emo crap goin around at the moment. looks like their aim is to dress as bent as possible and try look as much like the opposite sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

evad_lhorg wrote:
    To be honest Im much more sick of gee bags like this http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/drownindust/EmoFag.jpg and the rest of the emo crap goin around at the moment. looks like their aim is to dress as bent as possible and try look as much like the opposite sex.

that post made my day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It's just the assumption that everything they do as a group of people will rock.

Eagles of Death Metal is really very weak. When you think what Kyuss did, and what Josh is now doing, it would bring a tear to my eye for fear of putting my joint out.

Anyway, it's like Mike Patton, people are almost afraid to say that something they do might be bad.

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

John wrote:
    TV channel that shows all that metal, punk, emo, etc. that's hip with the kids. It's not very good.

remember when it was good? those were the days, when Mullet Man was still on!!! yeh!! mullet man was the best

And yes im am very sick of seeing Dave Grohl on the teevee all the time. I never liked him very much to begin with but now hes just pissing me off. how many bands has he been in now? like a million or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hahaaa....emo.

As for EODM, I love that video it's hilarious.
    I love Grohl aswell, he just makes the funniest faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah, tis a brilliant video. I love seeing those lads together. Josh Homme is the drummer for EODM when he doesnt have QOTSA commitments. the band isnt supposed to be a major hit, but its all in fun. Gotta love them. The album is hilarious. How can ya take a band seriously when they have an album called Death by Sexy anyway? It straight of reeks of takin the piss...and I must say, I like it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

evad_lhorg wrote:

She's kinda ho- Wait a minute... Sweet merciful crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sarky wrote:
    Sweet merciful crap!

Ah now c'mon Sarky, she's not that hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Mushy wrote:
    How can ya take a band seriously when they have an album called Death by Sexy anyway?

The question i would put to you is, how can you NOT? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Black hole sun

Dragan wrote:
    Anyway, it's like Mike Patton, people are almost afraid to say that something they do might be bad.

Weird.

This guy isnt- http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CaCUyvP8yE
    :mad: :D

That's pretty funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Ah now c'mon Sarky, she's not that hot.

:D

Well I do think Dave and Jacks antics are pretty funny and I'd much prefer to watch that then watch the stuff that passes for rock these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

It's like rap music. Rappers always appear on their friends' records.

Advertisement