Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Capture Problem

• 25-08-2006 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I have a Canon MVX25i Mini DV Camcorder. Did somestuff with it a year ago and then no more until recent wedding.

I cannot get any programmes i have to 'Capture' the video from tape, although this did work a year ago. I have a decent computer with a 4 pin IEEE 1394 DV terminal and a similar 4 pin connection on the camera.

The capture will not work in Premier elements or windows movie maker, but has worked previously in premier elements. Any advice please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

How specifically does it "not work".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Sorry, got it sorted.

Slightly loose connection in camera. Works fine if connection cable is jiggled until proper connection is made.

It was showing up as though camcorder was not connected at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

I had a similar experience with that piece of crap software 'Premiere elements'. I ended up having to uninstall elements, reinstall the camera drivers, then I reinstalled Elements for my sins. Worked ok after that. Now I realise what a piece of crap elements is and have uninstalled it for good

Any advice on a good, easy to use, editing programme for home use???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Windows Movie Maker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

I`d go along with Lump, Moviemaker is pretty OK.

Thanks will try that. I have 10 one hour tapes from recent trip to italy and need to do some serious editing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

if it's a big project movie maker can be painful. I originally did a 45 minute astro football season summary using it and had to split it into max 4 minute projects - and put them together using the dvd authoring package. Prem Elements was ok until they moved to version 2 and introduced some bugs. I found version 1 ok but have abandoned adobe altogether in favour of Avid Liquid.

Advertisement