Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology / Computers

Options
  • 25-08-2006 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Would it be possible to move the Technology board back to where the Comps/Tech was orgionally.

The name change is no big deal to me, but moving the forum well thats just messing up my Mojo.

I can see you have the forums alphabetically (apart from Subbed?) but pushing the Tech forum all the way to the back, its like you dont want to encourage people to post their.

These are just my opinions possibly due to habit but I thought I would vent them anyway incase other people felt the same and we could convince you to put the forum back in its rightfull position.

PS. I noticed a spelling mistake on the new Technology forum, its actaully spelt with a very small "A" infront of it. The "A" is quite small so most people dont know about it. Perhaps you could fix it and rename "aTechnology"

Thank you
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Replace it with links to search engines and knowledgebases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It took me a good 5 minutes of pondering to actually discover where it had moved to yesterday. I was, infact, heading towards feedback to see if anyone else had commented on the vanishing and thats when I saw "Tech"...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Why isn't the Slydice Specials board part of the top level menu?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Doesn't bother me where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I've got it in my subbed list, move it all you like.
    You can't scare me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Listen, if we all got used to the new hosted categories and the extra shop forums getting moved, surely such a small move and rename of a category cannot be that bad.

People are just used to seeing it as Comp and heading over towards the left side of the page. Give it 3 weeks and people will forget it used to be comp. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I can't even access comp tech anymore, I get the "do not have permission" page.

Can someone go see if I got banned for something, I only posted once today I think - in the stuck pixel thread where I linked to a page which quickly alternates between black and white (a know method for unsticking a pixel).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Contact irlrobins or Khannie, they are the moderators there and they can check the access list.

Too tired, its 4am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

TomCo wrote:
    I can't even access comp tech anymore, I get the "do not have permission" page.

Can someone go see if I got banned for something, I only posted once today I think - in the stuck pixel thread where I linked to a page which quickly alternates between black and white (a know method for unsticking a pixel).
    Ahem. I *might* have clicked the "ban this user" link by accident last night. Unfortunately right before I could undo boards went down for backup. And Icouldn't be arsed waiting up. Anyway fixed now. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Bloody noob mods tut tut tut.

In my day!.......

Well that does seem to explain things.
    I though I was banned for hurting poor conzymaher's head with flashing light effects.

Why, pray tell, were you hovering over my ban button with a mod pointer of doom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

TomCo wrote:
    Well that does seem to explain things.
    I though I was banned for hurting poor conzymaher's head with flashing light effects.

Why, pray tell, were you hovering over my ban button with a mod pointer of doom?
    We tend to just do it as a pick-me-up whenever we don't feel powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Well a few pints tends to affect my eye hand coordination. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I've got it in my subbed list, move it all you like.
    You can't scare me.
    Pfff, now some joker moved my Subbed dropdown... touché. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

:D

Sorry about that. As you may have seen, Cable / Digital TV has been moved to Tech.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

make love not war.

<ed: replace with content later>

Advertisement