Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Wobble from Puncture

Options
  • 25-08-2006 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Hello, got me first puncture yesterday on the way home, from inch size stones on the side of the road, just a couple of miles in my journey.

Thought I avoided most of the stones but they just kept on going, it was like cycling through a quarry. Anywho thought I was throught the worst when, (fart noise) down goes the back wheel, billix it anyway, not to worry got me repair tools and pump, fixed it, its a mister pinchy puncture, two holes, ok fixed it, then headin down the road noticed I was still been retarded somewhat, thought I didnt put enough pressure in the wheel so i hopped off and give it a few more darts, thats when I noticed the wobble, its about 1/2 inch out of line.

So Im just wondering, I should be able to straighten it, I never fixed a wheel like this b4, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
    My bike is a Specialized Sirrus, SPOKES Specialized 2.0mm (14g), stainless, brass nipples,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

bedlam wrote:
    Is it the wheel that is buckled or is there any chance that the tyre is not seated on the rim properly?

Wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Recently I asked about replacing my wheel rim. One reply contained a link to Wheel Truing Basics. ParkTool.com also has an article on wheel truing.

When I have a buckle I just drop it into Little Sport in Fairview, as I work in East Point Business Park. It was e10 to have a few spokes replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Wheel truing is generally considered to be one of the more difficult bike maintenance tasks. I'd drop it in to a bike shop where the going rate is around €10.

Bad news broken spoke, on my rear wheel on the sprocket side,

Does this change things

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Does this change things

out of interest what bike do you have, no offence but cheap bikes have shiite rims which buckle too easy. just change the wheel for a decent set, good rims are also easier to fix.

• Advertisement

kona wrote:
    out of interest what bike do you have, no offence but cheap bikes have shiite rims which buckle too easy. just change the wheel for a decent set, good rims are also easier to fix.

See my first post at the top, Sirrus. Not cheap. Well by my standards so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Does this change things
    A single broken spoke should be easily replaceable; whether you need a new wheel or not will depend on the extent of the buckle. A bike shop will be able to diagnose for you.

I left it in to be repaired and serviced anyway.

No problem guys, thanks back on the road.

Bastard, another spoke broke, getting it rebuilt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement