Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Why do people get 911 reserved for their Boxster plate?

• 25-08-2006 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I've seen this quite a bit lately.. the latest was this morning near where I live a guy has bought a gorgeous new black Boxster S. No problem there.. I'm not a "it's a poor man's Porsche" person.

BUT what is the deal with getting 911 in the plate? I think it looks pathetic. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Kersh

Cos he ordered a 911, booked the reg, then his house (fake inflated) price dropped and he paniced and cancelled the 911 order, and got talked into a Boxster :D . or else he is stoopid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Maybe he's trying to pass it off as a 911 which isn't too difficult as they look about 70% the same when viewed from the front.

Or, more likely;) he just happened to get that number plate allocated to him?

(there is a Boxster which is parked every day on Wellington Road D4 which has 'HYUNDAI' on the bumper, just below the engine cover...why would anyone do that?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I'd say it was a pre-reg by the garage, and the sales man probably thought it WAS a 911...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the same reason anybody gets a specific plate number for their car...THEY'RE SAD...!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Lex Luthor wrote:
    the same reason anybody gets a specific plate number for their car...THEY'RE SAD...!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Agreed.. although I would be delighted if 'by chance' my imaginary '05 Impreza came with a 555 plate. Sentimental reasons more than anything :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

el tel wrote:
    Or, more likely;) he just happened to get that number plate allocated to him?

The chances of a Porsche just happening to have 911 in the plate is pretty slim.

It's doing exactly what people who claim you only bought it as you can't afford a 911 base their argument on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Al-Queida upper management company car ??

:D:D:D

(Osama gets the real 911)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Big Balls wrote:
    I've seen this quite a bit lately.. the latest was this morning near where I live a guy has bought a gorgeous new black Boxster S. No problem there.. I'm not a "it's a poor man's Porsche" person.

BUT what is the deal with getting 911 in the plate? I think it looks pathetic. :confused:

Sad pathetic people are allowed buy nice cars?

How many have you see like this "quite a bit lately" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bah! peasant beat me to my punchline! :D

Mike.

Advertisement