Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options
  • 25-08-2006 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Great work Ronan on getting the board sorted ...

As a way of Introduction,

I have been a Spurs supporter since i was about 4 years old (37 years ago now) :eek: I have seen us through the good times and many many bad times ... didn't miss a game home or away in 1978 when we were in the old Division 2 ..

Anyway, i was born and brought up in Cricklewood North West London to Irish parents, and finally made the move back home 6 years ago ..so now i live just outside Killorglin in Co. Kerry ...

I had a season ticket for many years ..but i couldn't justify it as i was working a fair bit around Europe and couldn't get to many games ... so now i am a club Member ..
    So i will try to get to as many games as i can this season, but for me family commitments, work and the usual stuff get in my way :( but Tottenham are always in my heart and will be my first love (just don't tell the wife)

COYS

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Moved your post here Rob, thought it was a good idea we all got to know each other. I'll post mine later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Robxxx7 wrote:
    and finally made the move back home 6 years ago ..so now i live just outside Killorglin in Co. Kerry ...

that always makes me laugh. surely home is north london?

either way, ive been a supporter since i was 5, go to the occassional match, although the last one i went to was the 2-1 win over leeds about 3 years ago

Lunch time in work, Eurosport on the box...:D

Hi, I'm Ronan. 28 years of age, living in Dublin most of my life apart from 10 months in Shannon. Season ticket holder this year (my second), with a seat in Block 41 of the South Stand upper (Park Lane) but was a member before that for a couple of years.

First game I ever saw at the Lane was a 2-1 win over Leicester a couple of years ago sitting in the West Stand lower with my brother and uncle. Was a crap game...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

that always makes me laugh. surely home is north london?

Yep ..you would have thought so, but i spent so much time growing up in an Irish community in London and so much time growing up in Ireland, that i have never really felt part of being a Londoner...the best move i ever made was to move to Ireland. I feel a lot more part of everything ... I am also a big GAA football fan, and spend quite a bit of time training U8's and U10's teams here locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Again, fair play to Ronan on getting this set up.

I'm Andrew, I'm 23 and have been following Spurs since the 89/90 season whatever age I was then. I've only been to see Spurs three times, against Southampton, Everton, and United and the last was years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Hey, I'm Jamie, aged 18. Been following Spurs since I was about 3 or 4. Actually haven't been to the Lane yet, but planning a trip in the future. I did once meet and have a good chat with Gary Mabbutt though!! Favourite players are Ian Walker, Jose Dominguez ;), Chris Armstrong, Sheringham and Keano of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Alright lads. First of all fair play to Ronan for getting the forum approved(and anyone else who helped) its a brilliant idea. Im Jonathan. Im 20 and I live in Dublin. Ive been supporting spurs since I began supporting football aged 6 or 7. Ashamed to say that the only spurs game Ive been to was that shambolic mid season friendly against Bohs a few years ago but Im dying to get over to the lane soon. Fav player at the moment would have to be Defoe or Aaron Lennon but I think Berbatov is gonna be mighty and if he can bag us 20+ goals a season he'll be up there pretty soon. Best spurs memory would be the league cup in 1999 and the worst (there are many of them) would probably be the team getting the scutters on the last day of the season and losing out to a CL spot to the gooners of all people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great work Ronan, nice to have this on Boards. I'm Simon, been supporting Spurs since I can remember, sometime around the age of 7, thanks to my Dad's influence who is also a Spurs fan. I'm also ashamed to say that I've never been to a game though I hope to change that this season.

Living in Dublin and regularly go out to watch any available game in the locals as I don't have Sky Sports either!

Best recent Spurs memory was trashing Chelsea 5 - 1 in the League Cup, and the worst, apart from the heartache of the last game of the season and the surrounding controversy was losing to City 4 - 3 in the FA cup with a load of my non-soccer following mates, who then proceeded to slag me for ages.

Thanks fellas, the Admins deserve thanks as well, as does WWM who's helped out.

Welcome to Jamey who I've not been in touch with before, nice to see more interest. Keep on posting fellas, lets make this work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Great job Ronan :)

My name is Michael and I'm 26 years old and been following Spurs since the age of 6 or seven. I live in Galway atm but moving to London for a postgrad in September so I hope to get to the Lane as much as possible. Looking forward to meeting you guys and having a fantstic season. COYS !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

My name is Anthony and if i ever supported an English club it would be Spurs.
    Mainly due to the fact the Match and Shoot i got back in the day (ie mid 80s) had Spurs everything i think i even had Spurs player posters on my wall no clue who they were but they were there cos they had footballs in the pic.

Luckily i was brought to Gods country every week and buy season tickets to St pats every season, but i would go to a Spurs game....so ehh can i ?

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

Luckily i was brought to Gods country every week and buy season tickets to St pats every season, but i would go to a Spurs game....so ehh can i ?

Only if you promise to behave yourself...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Hi I'm Paul,
    Been a Spurs supporter since the 80's. I think Shoot magazine had something to do with it.Never been to White Hart Lane(shame on me) but funds permitting that will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

simon, 21 from dublin. spurs fan for as long as i remember, think i joined the club membership when i was 8. also a shareholder, for the laugh!

this year i have a season ticket, well two between the family and friends, hope to get to 10+ games, depends on how good ryanair are to me! its in the west stand block 10. (for the games i dont get to, we got art sport last year which shows 90% of prem games live.)

had a bad day cos we lost, and they are still out of the puma black training top in the megastore.

sikes wrote:
    had a bad day cos we lost

:(

Feel that pain mate, journey home is a kick in the nads after a defeat...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

:(

Feel that pain mate, journey home is a kick in the nads after a defeat...

true, couldnt believe the amout of spurs fans on the plane home tonight, way more than usual...or maybe its because i used to get the last flight out of london

sikes wrote:
    true, couldnt believe the amout of spurs fans on the plane home tonight, way more than usual...or maybe its because i used to get the last flight out of london

First home game on a Saturday, usually a handy three points...;) , next Sat hime game's in two months...probably the only game most will make for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brozio

Hi all,

My name is Dave, I'm 20, live in Naas and I am a student in NUI Maynooth. I have been a spurs supporter all my life. Me and my dad go over to about 5 or 6 games a year and the next trip over is to the fulham game (i think) in october. Some of you may have met me and my dad on trips to the lane, I'm the younger, taller Dave of the two dave's.

Have been a lurker on FTL and COYS for a good while now, mainly just for transfer rumours but i'll try post a more bit on here.

COYS

Hi Dave! Good to have you onboard.

For the rest of yissir attention, the Two Daves are top blokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Yeates

Hi Lads,

Good to have this up and running. Well done Ronan.

Name is Brendan originally from Tipp but living in big smoke for 8 years now.
    Spurs supporter since 82 cup final. Worked in London for a few years and had season ticket - lower Paxton.

Usualy try and get to 3/4 games a year, can't get to as many as I would like due to work etc.

Hope to get to a few UEFA away games this year hopfully

• Advertisement

Welcome on board(s) Brendan.

Its great to see even more Spurs supporters coming on here ... keep up the good work and hello to you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ed Cummins

How's it going lad's ,well done to Ronan and anyone else who was involved in setting this board up, fair play. The name's Ed and I am from Kildare and been supporting Spurs since the eighties but only became a member last season and have been over a few times in the last couple of years and looking forward to my first visit this season against fulham in couple of week's.The first time i was over was about 9m or ten years ago to a game against leeds which my now wife had arranged as a one year together present for me needless to say that is one reason she is now my wife ,well look forward to meeting a few of ye in the early hours up in Dublin airport on the way to a few games ,COYS

Hi Ed, welcome on board. Hope to see you soon, its a while before I'll be back at the Lane for a league game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ed Cummins

No bother Ronan take it easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Galway Spur

How's it going folks,
    great to see an Irish-based Spurs board - top job Ronan!!
    I'm Martin, the 2nd Tuam based member on here (Jamey Howya Sham?lol). I'm normally found on FTL and a few other Spurs sites. It's been over a year since I was at WHL due to a new Junior Spur arriving in our house, and with another on the way in Jan, it may be a while yet before I get another chance to head over the water. Can't wait to bring the family with me though.

I reckon we'll finish 5th this season again and win the UEFA cup...again.

COYS!!!

Welcome aboard Martin,

I was at the UEFA cup final in 84 both home and away legs and would love to see us do it again this year ... here's hoping :)

How's it going folks,
    great to see an Irish-based Spurs board

Hi Martin, thanks for signing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 journo75

Hey,

I've supported Spurs since I was 8 years of age, in 1984, when they won the UEFA Cup final against Anderlecht. I was a Liverpool fan for about 3 weeks before that, but then I realised that Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa actually played for Spurs. I was glad 'cos I knew Hoddle played for Spurs and I thought Glen was a cool name.

Been with them up and down (and as Home says "The creamy middles") since then.
    J

• Advertisement

welcome aboard .... no doubt it will be another up and down season for us ...hopefully plenty of highs and very very few lows ;)

Advertisement