Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Yes,

Be careful mistakes like that and Ronan will ban you. :pac::pac::pac:

But, Welcome. Stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

ziedth wrote: »
    Yes,

Be careful mistakes like that and Ronan will ban you. :pac::pac::pac:

But, Welcome. Stick around.

Don't worry...Ronan's a sound bloke...might even get you tickets for the Cork City V Spurs XI game in November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 peterkeegan

hopefully my loyal support of cork city will entitle me to those tickets:D but then again it prob counts for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'll just pop this where it belongs...:p

No hard feelings Peter, welcome in. Have a look at the three threads which are stuck at the top of the forum listing, there's a lot of good advice in there.

And me bollox will I be getting anyone tickets for the Cork game, I'm up to my eyes in work and unlikely to make the game myself. Yis can all fend for yourselves on this one!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

So is that game official? We definitely will have to have an aul gathering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Hi all,

I have been an avid Spurs supporter ever since first watching Glenn Hoddle in action on the box back in the 70s.
    Cannot believe I never checked here before for a Spurs site so as you can imagine I am delighted to find more Spurs fans from Ireland. I hope I can add something to the chat/debate/celebrations etc.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

howaya lads.my name is barry,im 31 and ive been a massive fan since 1989.ive recently moved from meath to wicklow and as you can imagine spurs fans arent easy to find down here,although the local landlord is a huge fan too so you can be sure the games will be on the big screen,happy days.best spurs memory would be gazza's free kick against the gunners in the fa cup semi final anyway said i'd say hi and hope to use the forum lots

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Up there with one of the best moments as well Chiefwiggum. "He is not going to shut from there":D

That and Klinsmann's goal and celebration against Sheffield Wednesday although beating Chelsea in the league Cup final 07 always brings a tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Avid Spurs supporter who has been here before - have a new account ( with admin blessing btw in case I am reported as a multi account ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kolya

Hello lads,

Kolya here, have been a Spurs fan for the last six years or so (rebelled against the peer pressure United fandom at age fourteen) and haven't looked back since.

Favorite moments for me over the last while have to be the 5 - 1 thumping of Arsenal on the way to the Carling cup win againt Chelsea :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

hi everyone,

i'm nipps, am 17, been a spurs supporter for the last 6 years. i'm the only spurs fan in my year, and am fully behind them through the tough and the good. love the arguements with all the liverpool and united supporters, even if its me against 15 of em.

eagerly anticipating the big game on saturday against arsenal, come on you spurs!

Hello to all the new arrivals, try to stick around folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Well Lads and Lassies,

Dave is my name and I've been a Spurs supporter all my life, well since seven! 29 now! I'm from Dublin and still living and working in the Capital!!

How did I start supporting Spurs?? September 1987 my brother got a United scarf for his b'day and being only seven I got upset and ran upstairs cause I didn't support anyone and was followed by my aunt who told me 'your uncle Dave comes from Tottenham and supports a team called Spurs, why don't you support them??' That was that...... :)

Spurs are everything to me as anyone who has ever been in my home can vouch for! Most walls have something to do with Spurs on them!

I try make it over 2/3 three times a season and NEVER miss a game on tele (really testing the missus patience)

Over the years I've collected some really nice memorabilia which includes Robbie's matchworn away jersey from 03/04 bought from the club in auction and now framed on the wall!!! Also have a framed Home kit from there trip over to play Boh's in 2003 where I sat in the airport from six in the morning waiting for them to come through! They finally did and I only managed to get a few autographs.... John Gorman then asked if I wanted to go onto the team bus to get the rest of them as they were waiting for there bags!! Was like a child on the bus and splurted out a few words to some of them!!!

Anyhow.... Have so many more stories from my 22 years of supporting Spurs!!!

I'll sign off for now but will be logging on eachday to discuss the latest!

Prediction for tomorrow Arsenal 1 (Van Persie) Tottenham 2 (Crouchx2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kolya

Welcome Dave :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Harry10

Hello,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been supporting Spurs for as long as I can remember (I'm 46 now). Me and the 'other half' are both bronze members and go over to WHL 3 or 4 times a year.

(I'd consider 'lending' my membership number to another supporter (boards member) for any match we're not going to (we live in Dublin).)

This season I hope we can at least qualify for the Europa cup and maybe pick up the League cup or FA cup on the way.

Anyway, whatever happens this season, we'll still be supporting Spurs next season.

Harry10

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Hi

Also been a Spurs fan for as long as I can remember. And for good reason as I was born in Tottenham! My first live game was Martin Peter's debut, so that was a while back.

Been in Cork since I was 8 but travel over a few times a season. I am a member and will be at the Wigan game on Sunday week

And I still have the fax that the club sent me to congratulate me on my wedding - they didn't charge for that type of thing in the old days!!

WHL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hi,

17 living in dublin been a Spurs fan for the last 7 years at least
    although unfortunatly iv never been to white hart lane:rolleyes: As iv never had anybody to go with so im planning to go over by myself in January against Hull... really looking forward to it:D

i may need some help with directions and the likes with this so expect a lot of questions from me in the near future:o

nice section you've got going here keep it up;)

Eoin

COYS

Hello to all our new arrivals.
    Emoran wrote: »
    i may need some help with directions and the likes with this so expect a lot of questions from me in the near future:o

nice section you've got going here keep it up;)

Eoin

COYS

Hello Eoin, you'll find a lot of good info on this thread which might help.

There'll also be a few lads going over for that game from here, keep an eye out. I'll be going myself, so don't be afraid to ask me or anyone else for help.

Hull game thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hello to all our new arrivals.

Hello Eoin, you'll find a lot of good info on this thread which might help.

There'll also be a few lads going over for that game from here, keep an eye out. I'll be going myself, so don't be afraid to ask me or anyone else for help.

Hull game thread

Cheers therecklessone...

just left a LONG reply in that thread there with some questions
    thanks for the help really looking forward to it now if all goes to plan

Emoran wrote: »
    Cheers therecklessone...

just left a LONG reply in that thread there with some questions
    thanks for the help really looking forward to it now if all goes to plan

Have answered some of the questions there mate, going offline now but post up anything else you need and we'll all give you as much info as we can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Evening all, well ive been a spurs fan ever since my Dad and uncle took me to see the hammers at white hart lane, cant remember the yeaqr but i was young and was in the front row of the west stand i think and always remember steve hodge landing on my lap. first real game i remember after that was the Fa cup final lose to coventry and will never forget the semi final and gazzas goal against the arse at wembley..was a junior spur for many a year around the time Barmby came to the fore...Was moved to Laois in 95 by bthe parents and try to get to as many games as possible a year( it helps having six mates with season tickets). now in dublin and have taken in the atmosphere in Tom mayes for a few games.. Born in finchley and am know to follow Barnet aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Hello :)
    Only noticed this today. Glad to see it!
    I'm 23 and been a Spurs fan since the first time I popped over to Tottenham when I was about 16.
    Been over and back a few times to see family members over there but have yet to get to a match.
    I only know of two other supporters in Donegal! I'm sure there are alot more.

One of my lecturers at the start of the college year made reference to Tottenham, making a joke that there would be no supporters there. Of course I pipped up and said "EXCUUUUUSE me, fan right here".
    The rest of the 100+ students turned around and stared. Farts. Ha!

:D

I'm currently not able to watch the match right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Kastiel

Hello lads.

Am 20 and have been a Spurs supporter for the past six years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Kastiel wrote: »
    Hello lads.

Am 20 and have been a Spurs supporter for the past six years :D

Good stuff, welcome to the family Kastiel :D , hang around a voice your opinion,we're a decent bunch................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Hey lads,

Just found this and wanted to introduce myself :D

Been a Spurs fan for a long time now and hope to enjoy my time here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Welcome Leucifer,

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

Hi Guys,

Found you at last....

I've been a Spurs supporter since 1969 (showing my age now!!). Seen good times, bad times and unfortunately a lot of mediocre times, but we are Spurs and that's all that matters.

Hope you're keeping well Ronan.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

well lads

ive been a spurs fan since i can rembr im 25 tuesday so im heading over to the fulham game.iv jus came across the site so i thought id join up with some like minded souls.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Good evening gang - been a Super spurs fan since i watched Ricky Villa score that wonder goal against city in '81 .. I was 7 yrs old at the time - never been to the LANE but hoping to head over at the end of this season or early next season .. Yid Army ... Please god let us beat Villa at the weekend ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Welcome to all the new members. COYS.

Advertisement