Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 JoeyTGK

hello,

been a Spurs man since 2000. as a kid was a United fan like most:P, but when they won treble in 1999, my 13yr old self left them thinking they couldn't do any better lol!! Spurs had just won the League Cup and had a nice away jersey i fancied gettin and Rebrov newely arrived too:o always loved Sol Campbell as well so made sense. wanted a change to a team you could really celebrate winning stuff. Of course at the time didnt know too much about the great history, but am fully engulfed in everything Yiddo now ha. seen them once away 2 years ago at Old Trafford (5-2 loss)...hoping to get to the Lane before they start redevelopment though!!
    Cheers,
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hi Joey,

I have Similar story to yourself except it was the arrival of Klinsman back in the mid 90's.

Stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

hey fellow yid army,

been a spurs fan many a year now, ever since da dive from klinsmann

even had the liverpoool gray candy jersey

now a true yid, wanted to follow some1 different guess i got what i wanted

im from the real capital, up da rebels........

i play m3 alot of mw2 listing to glory glory tottenham hotspur in the background to pump me up.

hope we all have great season ahead

coys

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rebelarmy08

Hi all ,

I'm a newbie on this site , but a Yiddo for close on 40 years .
    I try to get over to WHL at least once every season .
    Looking forward to plenty of discussion during this momentous season for us !

COYS !

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kamonyespurs

Golden opportunity missed on Tuesday night, you don't get too many opportunities like that in CL, I fear we may rue blowing that lead COYS:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LeGinWasGod

Hello there lads

Decided to join up, been reading a few threads on here lately.

From Dublin, only a young un, 21 years old

Think my old man posts, although I'm not too sure.

Anyway, name inspired by David Ginola, if you hadn't guessed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 littledel

hi all fellow coys..my name is derek and im from dublin...iv been a spurs supporter since i can remember,iv only been to the lane a couple of times and hope to get over again this season..my fav player at the min has to be rafa van deer vart but fav player of all time toss up bewteen sheringham and mabett..hope to get to know some off u fellow supporters..

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Welcome all. Stick around

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jimmyspurs

Well lads, good to see so many spurs fans on here, for years I thought I was nearly the only one in Ireland (apart from my dad) Lol. I bet a few of you thought the same but i have met a couple over the years since. Been a spurs fan since 1984 and remember the UEFA cup win over Anderlecht, probably thought it was always going to be like that and winning trophies but boy did i have a lot to learn! Been through the ups and downs with the lilywhites ever since and am pretty optimistic currently about the near future and the direction the team is going especially the signing of VDV and the form of Bale and just seeing Modric on the pitch always gives me hope that things will be ok. Anyway as i said always love to meet new yiddos and Im just sorry I didnt know there was a Spurs link on here earlier. COYS!! j.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

welcome yids

i was at villa game, great atmosphere as it was my first time
    traveling was long but well worth it

coys

psn

coys123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 masher

Been following them since 1961 .. saw them on FA cup final day on a black and white telly we had just got !!! they won 3-1 i think . Anyway been 'following' them ever since .My highlight is the goal by ricardo villa against man city in the 1981 final jeeeezz what a goal ..:D. To my everlasting shame , I have been to highbury to see our dear friends play :eek: [ when brady , o'leary , stapleton etc were playing] and Spurs were away everytime i was in London .......... long story .... i,ve never been to the lane :mad: .... been outside it a couple of times though . Anyway , hope to get over for champs league game soon . Do any of ye know if tickets are available ??? Do they have tickets online for league games ??? Hope we stuff that waster rafa and his boys t,night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

masher wrote: »
    Been following them since 1961 .. saw them on FA cup final day on a black and white telly we had just got !!! they won 3-1 i think . Anyway been 'following' them ever since .My highlight is the goal by ricardo villa against man city in the 1981 final jeeeezz what a goal ..:D. To my everlasting shame , I have been to highbury to see our dear friends play :eek: [ when brady , o'leary , stapleton etc were playing] and Spurs were away everytime i was in London .......... long story .... i,ve never been to the lane :mad: .... been outside it a couple of times though . Anyway , hope to get over for champs league game soon . Do any of ye know if tickets are available ??? Do they have tickets online for league games ??? Hope we stuff that waster rafa and his boys t,night

Your Welcome mate, stick around. You'll have to get to the lane soon ;) , have a look at the sticky threads about the ticket info etc. Im based in Dublin and will help you out with tickets if possible, as will most of the lads.
    Good bunch here.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

:P

Hi guys

Following spurs since around 1999 when I was 13 but do remember Klinsmann and watching Spurs before that, think the first game I watched was in Jan 95 when we beat Man Utd 4or5-1 at the lane.

Started following them as my dad lived near the lane in the 60's and followed them himself.

Always enjoy watching us as you never know what to expect from us (a good thing and a bad thing)

Favourite Spurs moment was watching them win the league cup in 08 although our humbling of Inter the other night would be a close second

My fave players would be Ginola (past) and Bale (present)

Looking forward to posting

Backrow67n8

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iceferg

hey ther guys.

i've been supporting spurs since about 93 . I didnt know much about soccer at the time & i remember one day my cousin saying to me that i had to support a team because everyone else in school had a team at that stage. my cousin was an arsenal fan so the main reason i chose spurs was to spite him :D. its been a very interesting 17 years with a few highs and alot of lows. hopefully were on the right road now with Champion league football & of course the new stadium .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JL Pagano

Hi folks,

I'm Jeff, been following THFC since my family moved to Ireland from US in '77. We were actually in the old 2nd division at the time but they got my attention when they beat Bristol Rovers 9-0 and Colin Lee (mother's maiden name) got 4 goals! Then came the "glory days" of Hoddle Ardiles & Villa so it wasnt long before I was hooked for life.

Only been to WHL a handful of times but I rarely miss a match when its on the box. Recent success made it easy for me to convert my son to the cause and his request for a Gareth Bale jersey over the summer proved my work was done! I've been blown away by the progress of the club under Harry...bottom of the Prem to Champs League in under 2 years, and though things havent been plain sailing this year, I think we can continue on the up.

Glad to find this forum, I usually vent on twitter but would prefer to do so with more fans who go for the Boys In Green (though born in US & still have accent, anyone who knows me will tell you I'm more Irish than the Irish themselves!) when the internationals come round.

Looking forward to sharing some great Yid moments here...COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

JL Pagano

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Welcome to all the new users.

Stick around.

Coys

• Registered Users Posts: 10 COCKNEY KEV

hello my name is kevin living in co limerick, borned in london moved here in 81 , spurs fan since adam was a boy and my 16 year old son is a mad mad spurs fan and dislikes the gunners, AND WE SHOULD NOT LEAVE WHL, COME ON YOU SPURS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 deise_yid

well lads. iv been readin yer posts with a while and decided id join in. im john from waterford and been a fan with a while now. the likes of klinnsmann sheringham and ginola inspired me ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

Mick living in cork ,head over to 2-3 games a season,lilywhite member,family are spurs mad,1st game I went to was against Everton 1998,drew 1all ,the year Klinsmann saved us from going down,had forgotten about this site when I registered 3 years ago,very informative and helpful.Fingers crossed for a champions league win and decent crack at the title:)
    TO DARE IS TO DO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Hello everyone!

I'm not a Spurs supporter and I hope that won't be a problem. I like to discuss football in general, so I thought I would join in some of the discussions here.

Later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hello everyone!

I'm not a Spurs supporter and I hope that won't be a problem. I like to discuss football in general, so I thought I would join in some of the discussions here.

Later.

I'm sure if you want to talk about Spurs then there's a place for you, but if you do want to talk about football in general you are better off trying here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=151

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

I'm sure if you want to talk about Spurs then there's a place for you, but if you do want to talk about football in general you are better off trying here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=151

I've not been a member long enough to gain access to the Soccer forum yet, so I decided to post here when I discovered this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've not been a member long enough to gain access to the Soccer forum yet, so I decided to post here when I discovered this forum.

OK, but this isn't a forum to talk about football in general, it is specific to Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 caleyspur

Jonny here. Living in Rathmines, but grew up in Inverness, Scotland (hence Caley Jags are my other footballing interest), but I've been Spurs fan since I was a very young lad in the days of Steve Perryman, Ricky, Ossie, Glenn Hoddle etc..

Good to find this forum, as you all know living in this country obsessed with Man U and Lpool, it gets more than annoying...

I managed to ensure my eldest lad is a true Lilywhite (loves Luka and Bale) and we were both in the North Stand yesterday to see VDV curl that shot just wide -aaagh!:mad: If JD had come on earlier I think we'd have had the 3 points we deserved. Disappointing.
    I'm still working on son number two... work in progress.

I lived in London for a few years in the 90s - not our greatest era - and got to the Lane on and off. It's not too easy to manage getting over for games these days, financially, but we try to get over a couple of times a year - and hopefully that will increase...

Never been so excited about our future as I am now...glory, glory days indeed - just need a decent left back and another seriously top striker and I reckon we'd be number one in the PL.

Look forward to coming back to see what's going on.

COYS!!!!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 waza

Hi Guys
    Have been a Spurs fan since the 80's would love to hear about any plans to travel over to the Lane? Its great to have something to cheer about at the min What a great result V AC Milan ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hots Purr

Hi guys,

Not sure if there are many female Spurs supporters on this board but here I am, so be kind ;)

I've been a Spurs supporter since I first got into football when I was about 11 or 12, 20 odd years ago now, thanks to my Dad, a life long spurs fan.

My first trip to the Lane was for my 21st back in 1997 (I was told I could go see Spurs or have a party - a total no brainer that one). Myself and my Dad went over and saw Spurs beat Aston Villa 3-2, Les Ferdinand scored twice.

I'm originally from Kilkenny but have been living in Dublin now for over 15 years.

Unfortunately Dublin seems to be full of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenhole supporters so I'm hoping this board will be somewhere to chat about Spurs with a few likeminded fans.

Amanda

• Registered Users Posts: 10 COCKNEY KEV

I am new to this site myself ,its great for news , tickets etc and chat. I live in Limerick and its also full of argos utd , liverpool and gooners followers, but i dont mind real supporters. Its great to have a lady on board .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hots Purr

Awww thanks Cockney Kev :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Been a Spurs fan since Mexico '86 kindled my interest in Football (or so I've been told by my folks). I've done a bit of lucking around here without making a contribution yet. I like it. It's great to have a forum that isn't dominated by ignorant, beer swilling, racist illiterates (the main thing that puts me off attending matches in the UK, tbh). Been to the Lane about 6/7 times although it's been a while. The last time was to see a woeful Luke Young get torn apart by Leeds :eek:

Advertisement