Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hows it going all?
    Pat here from Cork. Been following Spurs since 1971. It's all Martin Chivers fault:D Told him that when I met him at WHL a few years back. I've been involved with the Cork Spurs Supporters Club since it began in 1994. Check out our website on http://www.corkspurs.com I'll put a link to here on it later today.

Some of you may know me from COYS and FTL where I post as corkcityspur.

Best of luck with this forum.

Keep the faith !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 westspur

Hello yiddos

Ken from Galway here. Been a fan since watching the 82 cup final replay on a tiny B&W portable tv. Good to have the glory days so close again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cuchulainn33

Corkman here, thanks a mill for the forum Ronan.

Supporting Spurs since about 1980 - when I was allowed up to watch MOTD and saw Spurs hammering someone - can't remember who.

33. Been to WHL once, Chelsea home game in 2005, nearly got hopped on the tube on the way back to the hotel by a bunch of Chelsea fans. Goin to the premiership isn't like goin to hurling :D

Anyhow, nice virtually meeting you all, let's hope for some points against MU.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Been away on business the last week, but welcome to J, Ken and the two Yids from the real capital (boy!) Pat and Corkman.

Thanks for the link Pat, when I get a chance during the week I'll do a thread of links to various sites of interest, you'll be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Alright

Fair play for getting the forum up and running

I’m Eoin 23 from Dublin supporting spurs since early 90's gazza was my first hero been to see them a few times since. Saw klinsmann score and do his famous dive in his debut for spurs against Sheffield Wednesday, what a day.

Ive been a poor student for the last few years so haven’t gotten to see them as much as I would have liked to.

Hoping to get to a few games this year would love to see them play in Europe.

Anyway

Congrats on the forum.

Let’s hope it’s a good season.

Regards

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Whats the sceal gents ? Im John and Im originally a Dub, however due to the outrageous cost of houses in this country, Im now an adopted Lilywhite. Im 25 and Im supporting Spurs since I learned to walk. Iv been to plenty of games and Im over again on Sunday for the Fulham game. I try get to a few away games, however its mainly the home ones which I get to.
    My most enjoyable last season was City away, 2 zip, mido and robbie !!

Good to be on board people !!!

Yid Army

Hi John, good to have you on board(s)

If you need any help with tickets just holler, particularly with away vouchers. There's a few ST holders on here might be able to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Great Stuff mate, hoping to get over to a couple more between now and Christmas, however the arrival of a new addition may hamper that come November !! Defo gonna go to the Gooners game too !!You getting over much ?

It depends really got to 16 home and 6 away last year.

Think I'll make about 13/14 home but up to 10 away this year, all my games before January are listed on WWM's thread re. a trip to the Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 monvoy

Hi Benny here in Waterford. I've been spurs since I was born!!( 32 years ago!!! is it that long??) been through good and bad times.
    lets hope there are more good times to come. so long as we stuff the gooners eh?
    Haven't been able to get to the lane as of yet but plan to this season.

COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm Liam, from London orig but I live in Cork. Been a Spurs supporter ever since I discovered football. Had Spurs posters lining my walls until the age of about 11 when a friend pointed out it was a bit gay having walls lined with men...

Been to the Lane a few times, probably not as much as I would've liked. Have to admit, my slightly waning interest due to our unshakeable mediocrity has been well and truly stoked since Jol took over. Favourite player was Teddy... Who I dutifully booed at Spurs vs Man Utd when he missed the peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scots spurs

i'm from edinburgh lads,the site looks great,keep up the good work,

yid arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy

Hello and welcome to our new arrivals, stick around lads.

I'd just like to say thanks to you all for the kind words re. me getting this set up, but I do need to point out that without all of you this forum and the supporters club would not exist, so give yourselves a pat on the back while you're at it.

Lets keep up the good work.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Well Ronan, I finally found it !!

Age 31
    Been a supporter for 25ish years
    Season ticket holder - Paxton Rd
    First game 22/04/89, Beat Everton 2-1 :) , waddle's last home apperance :mad:

Looking forward to plenty of chat & giggles on here in the future.

Come On You Spurs

Better late than never Shane...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Spurs fan since '91, the FA Cup final. Never been to a home game, but will be before the Christmas comes round.

Current outlook: good to middlin'

Once Steed, Aaron and Dmitar are back competing for places we should pull out a good run up to Christmas, right now I think Davids and Zokora need to gel, we should be playing Pyo at left mid, but overall it's gonna be a great season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Alright lads, my names Cianán and im a Spurs fan too! Im a young fella still (19), live in dublin. Ive been to one Spurs game, Newcastle 3 - 1 Spurs last season in SJP, and i had to sit with my mate (a newcastle fan) plus the whole lot of the toon army. I have to say, i dont think i ever cursed so much at anyone before i saw Jenas miss that open goal :( Highlight of the trip was sitting next to Stephen Kelly on the plane home :D

Welcome to boardsspurs fellas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

I'm Alan, a Liverpool fan with a soft spot for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I'm Andrew from Cork - wrong side of 50 - follow Spurs since 1962, just missed the double year.
    I have a season ticket for East lower block 25? - in line with penalty box. was at Fulham and going to Chelsea. No other firm plans this side of Christmas.
    Would make season ticket available through Administrator? Spurs were supposed to do a ticket exchange this season but no sign yet!!
    COYS - let's start Sunday.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chalky76

Born in Dublin but have lived in the East End of London for many,many years........Basically i live for Tottenham,i think about Tottenham all bloody day & have been suffering from these symptons for over 20yrs!!My first match was Burkinshaw"s Testimonial match v England11 2-2 draw & my last match was the Everton debacle....My favourite season was 86/87(how we ended up emptyhanded i will never know!!) & my favourite player/s were Gazza & Chris Waddle & my current fav is "The Daws"(Tony Adams with skill) who"s honesty & commitment is brilliant & rare in todays Premiership football where merconary/alley cat morals are the norm,wage offers of £55g a week regarded as a pisstake,bling collections the attention instead of medal collections,players more intrested in roasting 20yr old bimbo"s than roasting opposing full backs.........And to think of the commotion that Gazza caused in 88 by earning £2g a week!?!Ashley Cole wanted(& got) 45 times that figure a week which leaves me very bitter/annoyed/dissalusioned at modern day football & as a genuine lover of football its sad to see Forest/Sheff Wed & such great names sinking...Leeds last week announced they had paid £2mill in agents fees to GET RID of players which sums it all up........My posts will be honest & straight to the point & beware......Doom mongers amongst you stay clear....Spurs are a work in progress & the club has been gutted from top to bottom in 18months,the sick/lame/cant be bothered brigade is no more,30yr old players on £25g a week clogging up the stiffs are no more,1st year pros now make up the second string making it a learning zone & the way a team of mainly 18yr olds romped to the reserve title last season(good bet this year aswell!) tells me something about the clubs future prospects.....My only slight grumble is that we continually shop in Tesco"s when Harrods is what is needed.....Players are available if you pay harrods prices,however Levy has spent alot of wedge & after 2 managerial disasters at the start we have finally got ourselves a decent/honest coach who is humble in victory & defeat,otheres really could learn from Jol,imagine the ball over the line episode at OT with Paddy Mendes happening to Chelski,Moan-rihno would still be talking about it now!!In Martin i trust,SO SHOULD YOU!! Leave the negativity to West Ham fans & Arsenils bank manager..!!YIDDO

Hello and welcome to both of you.

I'd say more right now,but I'mjust in the door from a night duty, heading to bed for a few hours then the 3.30pm flight to Stansted for tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭opeldave

hi Im David im 25 from Dublin
    been following spurs since 89/90ish
    been in the irish or dublin spurs fan club back in the 90s
    used to meet in doyles bar or the trinity inn
    back in 97ish & play in the pheonix park against liverpool fan club etc etc.

have been to see everton v spurs & the bohemian fiasco!

anyway congrats to everyon involved on setting this forum up & hope to have a fun time here

PS comon the yidddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddssssssssssssss tonight!

Welcome to the forum Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Been a supporter since the early 70's ,My mother told me Ralph Coates was my uncle (her maiden name )which he wasn't ,seemed as good a reason as any to follow a club at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bell & Hare Yid

Hello Yids,
    Well done on getting the site up and going. Surprised at the number on here who have season tickets, true dedication. Would love to have the time and money to make it over more often, have to make do with about 5-6 games a season. Prefer the away games as the atmosphere is invariably better. Only been over to the Pompey game so far this season, itching to get back to the Lane soon. Been following Spurs since I was 8, since the '81 season, first three or four years were great, loads of trophies, I thought it'd always be that way. Little did I realise.....

Still full of optimism regarding the current set-up and Martin Jol. Good young squad, just think we need to fulfil some of our potential sooner rather than later, make it clear to the top players that we have that they can fulfil their career aspirations at WHL. Can't afford to have too many Carrick situations in the next couple of years.
    Highlight of the trip was sitting next to Stephen Kelly on the plane home :D

Was at that game too and he was sitting right in front of me on the plane. Was surprised he flew Ryanair, dunno why, not like he'd have his own jet or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Clucking bells !! It's the Spurs version of AA ;-)

Well done fellow yids & to join in ....

My name is Joe and I have been a Tottenham supporter since 1978 .... Born in Waterford and moved to Dublin to work in the mid-eighties .... Start of Tottenham-itis was 2 September 1978 when my dear mother wanted me to support her beloved Liverpool and they beat Tottenham 7-0 on my tenth birthday. Had a passing interest in Liverpool till then but then cutover to the Spurs. We soon won the Cup in 81/82 and the UEFA. Amazing to watch Hoddle, Ossie, Waddle, Gazza. On St Hotspur Day (14 April 1991) we beat the unmentionables 3-1 in Wembley but co-incided with my grannie moving to the "Paxton in the sky" just after the final whistle. But Spurs is now in the blood and my two daughters support "the greatest football team the world has ever seen".

Was at the Worthy Cup final which we won (and the one we lost ... what was Les doing ??). First game was vs West Ham in 99 when Jurgen was back. He scored after 7 minutes and the place went wild. been to the Lane a few times since - a lot with my brother and some other fellow Irish Spurs fans ... more recently have been working in London during the week and getting to most Sunday and midweek games.

Saw West Ham at the weekend and 2-0 or 3-0 would not have flattered us. Will be at the Brugge game and have the Port Vale ticket booked already.

Favourite players .... Jurgen, Ginola, (G)Hod, Tony Galvin (!), Clemence, Roberts, Archibald. Current players ... Dawson, Berbatov and Tom Huddlestone who reminds me so much of the younger Glenda.

Pet Hates ... Gerry Francis, George Graham, the N5 Scum

In terms of the net and Spurs, have been a contributor to the Spurs List for the last 11 years .... check out http://groups.google.co.uk/group/spurs-list ... probably the original Spurs discussion forum on the net. But this boards.ie is the best for Irish fans without doubt and well done Ronan on getting it going.

Here's to 3 nil against Watford
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

3-nil my arse!

im still amazed that we put 5 past mk dons.

you know how long its been since we actually gave some teama good seeing to when we have dominated for so long.

its a good feeling.

im going for 4- nil at least!
    :)

Welcome to our two newest Yids, Joe and B&H Yid.

Stick around fellas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Like Andrew from Cork, "wrong side" (or maybe not, depending on how you look at it!) of 50, supporter since 1962. No supporters' club here in Kerry. First Spurs game at Highbury in 1998 (0-0); have been to WHL a few times since.
    Well done, Ronan, on setting this up; great source of info on getting to WHL, live games on TV, etc.
    John.

Advertisement