Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Hi, and welcome ... like yourself i'm from the wrong side of Cork :D

Be good to get a few more people from Kerry here

COYS

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 22 T1961D

New to this forum life long spurs fan full membership of spurs for past 3 years try to get to the lane as often as possible just saying hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hello and welcome to our two newest contributors, ruiseal and T1961D.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shakka

Hi All,

Have been a Spurs supporter all of my life. My Dad and Grandfather were also Spurs supporters so has no choice really - not that I'm complaining. Dad is always telling me about the home games he used to go to as a lad when there was half a million packed into WHL.

Was born and raised in N London and lived a lot closer to Highbury than WHL so as you can imagine, everyone in my area were Goons which was not fun (especially the night when they won the league against Liverpool - Michael Thomas goal - I did not dare venture out that night !)

A couple of my mates were Spurs fans though so we always managed to grit our teeth and get on with it in a sea of Gooners.

Anyway - moved to Dublin 9 years ago (bloody hell - 9 years) which has been a very barren spell for Spurs but am delighted with the ways things are going at the moment.

Love the message board - helps keep me sane.

Cheers,
    Steven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭letterman

Greetings all.

Been a fan since a lad. Remember seeing them on a black & white match of the day winning 9-0 towards the end of the 70's and never looked back. Who else thinks we haven't won enough considering the players that have been through the ranks over the yeras. And who else thinks gerry Frances was crap.

Cheers for the site btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

letterman wrote:
    Greetings all.

Been a fan since a lad. Remember seeing them on a black & white match of the day winning 9-0 towards the end of the 70's and never looked back. Who else thinks we haven't won enough considering the players that have been through the ranks over the yeras. And who else thinks gerry Frances was crap.

Cheers for the site btw

Welcome Shakka and Letterman

You've made me feel my age now .... I was at the 9-0 game, we probably had one of the worse striking partnerships in Spurs History and we still managed to score 9 goals !!! Colin Lee 4 goals on his debut

Anyway, stick around and be part of the forum here ...we are a friendly bunch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Hi All.

Im Paul..living in Kildare but originally from Limerick. Supported Spurs since I was 7 (34 now). My older brother and cousin were Man U fans and they said i couldnt copy them supporting Manu so I took the Panini football album and looked thru it and Spurs were the team that caught my eye. They were glamorous and exciting with a great history and cup record. Ardiles, Villa, Archibald, Perryman, Hoddle, Crooks. What great times.

Been to 7 or 8 games last being the Spurs/Everton home game two seasons ago.

My greatest Spurs memory is my late father taking me to see Limerick United vs Spurs at Thomond park when i was 9 or 10. All the greats of the time were there and over 15 thousand people packed into the stadium. We were actually on the pitch at the sideline kneeling.
    Spurs won 2 or 3 1 I believe but the thing I remember the most is nearly being kicked in the head by Chris Hughton while he was doing a sliding tackle.
    At the end of the game everyone rushed the field and I ran with my father trying to get a hand on one of the players.

Have always stayed faithful though recent years have been frustrating. I finally see some light for the future now with world class players like Lennon, Defoe, Dawson, King and Robinson.

Champions league is still a real possibility this season if the team can gel.

Great to see a forum on boards...

cheers
    Paul

Shane, letterman, and Paul. Hi!

Great to see more Yids on boards, stick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

BOLT, elected president of www.spurscommunity.co.uk, now residing in Tyrrellspass offers fraternal greetings to all yids:)

Sorry mate, meant to say hi a few days back.

Hi!

Congratulations on the appointment, you have any other Irish yids over there you want to send our way? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Hi
    Mark from Dublin, supporting the spurs since i can remember, first game at the lane was in '99 0-0 with Wimbledon, been to a few since then, not since they beat Fulham 2-0 early 2005..

Good to have found the board, always helps to get over a defeat to "the enemy" by discussing it with fellow yids!

browbrow wrote:
    not since they beat Fulham 2-0 early 2005..
    Hi Mark, good to have you on board.

I was at that game as well, took my uncle and brother (who's a ManYoo fan but that can't be helped), wasn't a great game but always nice to see us win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 browbrow

Was a bit of a drab game alright, all made up for by Keano doing that little shuffle round there keeper and walking it into the net!!

I remember being at Tolka Park back in '94 too for Jurgen the german's first goal (albeit unoffical) in a pre-season 1-0 win over shels.

Unfortunatly my mates are all Man Ure and Liverpool fans so i dont get to head over as much as i would like... My dad is sick of me asking him to go, though being an Ipswich fan, im sure he secretly likes getting over for premiership action!! :D

Anyway cheers for the welcome!

browbrow wrote:

Unfortunatly my mates are all Man Ure and Liverpool fans so i dont get to head over as much as i would like... My dad is sick of me asking him to go

Mark, there's a few season ticket holders post here (myself included) and more than a few club members. There's a few of us heading over on Saturday for the Charlton game, any game you're interested in heading over for just say and I'm sure one of us will be travelling. I should be at every home league game between now and end of the season.

Thats one of the reasons we got the forum set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Hello all,
    Mike from Ballinasloe here.Spurs since c '85 (b '78)...remember my grandfather trying to comfort my uncontrollable sobbing after the '87 Cup Final.Last over there in early 2000 to witness a Chris Armstrong special against the 'Pool.
    It's been a rough 15 (!) years or so but you gotta keep the faith....hopefully the mediocre days of Edinburgh,Austin,Dozzell et al are behind us.
    Discovered this section of boards relatively recently....one of my first stops on the net after turning on the computer is always Jim Duggan's http://www.topspurs.com/ ....no bullzhit stuff.
    Quite worried after the Goon (and Reading ) game....hopefully "one of those days" on our inevitable rise up.
    COYS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 moorsie50

Hello people, Great to see so many spurs supporters on one site. Living in clonmel i was beginning to think i was the only one!! Been a supporter since i can remember ( days of steve perryman and ossie). Never been to the lane ,but am going to liverpool game at end of month. Seen spurs twice before but both at anfield. Harry Kewell ruined my day. All my friends are pool fans so when we go to a game its usually at anfield. Looking forward to reading other fans opinions on our season. regards , Paul.

cxcully wrote:
    one of my first stops on the net after turning on the computer is always Jim Duggan's http://www.topspurs.com/

Hi Mike, you post on FTL as well?

And hello to Paul as well, good to hvae you both on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bell & Hare Yid

moorsie50 wrote:
    Hello people, Great to see so many spurs supporters on one site. Living in clonmel i was beginning to think i was the only one!! Been a supporter since i can remember ( days of steve perryman and ossie). Never been to the lane ,but am going to liverpool game at end of month. Seen spurs twice before but both at anfield. Harry Kewell ruined my day. All my friends are pool fans so when we go to a game its usually at anfield. Looking forward to reading other fans opinions on our season. regards , Paul.

Alright Paul,
    Where do you watch Spurs matches in Clonmel? I've been down to Chawke's for the last couple of matches, seems alright. I'm actually heading over to the Liverpool game too, will be going from Galway though as I'll be up there for the Xmas period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 adampaulburke

Hi

Moving to Longford from England in January, been a Spurs fan for as long as I can remember. Was a season ticket holder for 6 years then I got married :mad: Went to Portsmouth and Boro games this year and go whenever I get a chance. Just registered, hope this is the start of something beautiful.

Come On You Spurs !

Hi Adam,thanks for dropping in.

Best of luck with the move over, and if you're feeling homesick you know you'll always have a little corner you can retreat to and talk Spurs...:D

Feel free to ask any questions you need about the move over, if we can't help I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

Don't think we've any Longford Spurs post here, but I'm sure there's a few in the county.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 adampaulburke

Thanx for the welcome.

If there are any Ill sniff them out when Im in a pub goin mental when we score !

COYS:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

Gents (and ladies..?),

Hiya from Kilkenny. Only discovered your existence this afternoon, though I've been keeping the occasional eye on the site since early this year.

Fine win last night. The players really seem to have the bit between their teeth as regards the Uefa Cup, don't they? And a reasonably decent draw for the next round/two rounds also.

Now all we have to do is keep the momentum going next Sunday. A Champions League spot is even more attainable than it was last year.

Talk soon,

Purry Cat

Evening Purry, thanks for popping in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Hi Mike, you post on FTL as well?

And hello to Paul as well, good to hvae you both on board.

Thanks therecklessone.I don't post-just look on from a distance.UK Football board are odd places-the odd bit of insight and humour and a lot of puerility.

cxcully wrote:
    Thanks therecklessone.I don't post-just look on from a distance.UK Football board are odd places-the odd bit of insight and humour and a lot of puerility.

Bit like boards so...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Muller42

Hi All,
    Just stumbled on this forum tonight ... I've been a Fan now for over 30yrs through the good and bad times (2nd Division). I lived over there for a few years in the late 80's early 90's and got to see quite a few games. I even managed to get to the '91 Charity Shield against the Scum at the Old Wembley Stadium. But my biggest claim to fame has to be meeting Gary Mabbutt in a SPAR shop of all places in a place called Potters Bar, what a guy, he was happy to stand there chatting for ages I even had to say to him that I had better let him go but before he went I asked him for an Autograph, all I had was a small scrap of paper but he said no problem he was sure he had a photo in the car so off we went to his car and sure enough he had a photo which he signed. Well that's enough babble out of me for now.

COME ON YOU SPURS

Muller

Just noticed your post Muller, welcome on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Hi All,

Spurs supporter since 1980 when my Dad brought home a ball with Tottenham Hotspur FC on it. So it's his fault really LOL!!:D

Glad to find you here and let's hope the rest of the year brings us a bit of luck in all the competitions!

Eamon

COYS

How the hell do I always miss posts on this thread by a few days??

Welcom Eamonn, stick around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Morning All,

Long suffering (19 years)Spurs fan here. I remember things like when Allan Nielson was our big summer signing etc. Have been to the lane a few times saw Porto in the ECWC a good few years ago and a good few london Derbies

Advertisement