Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Welcome on board twilight, pity its the day after such a disappointing night but that's Spurs for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

29 years old, a spurs fan for about 20 of them, anyone remember the headed paul stewart goal against liverpool from nigh on 18 yards out?

Hi mushy, nice of you to drop in.

Don't remember that goal, but then I find my memory is getting worse and worse...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Carsie

Greetings Folks,

Carsie from Belfast here, supported Spurs for 21 years now, not too many good times, plenty of bad, but we wouldn't have it any other way, we still go back for more punishment :D

I post on FTL and know a few of the guys on here from on there.

Get to 5/6 games per season, next one Reading at WHL 1st April.

Favourite Spurs Player of all time - Chris Waddle (The reason I started supporting them)

Favourite Current Player - Michael Dawson

Well thats about it for now, take i easy

COYS

Hi Carsie, good to see you popping in :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Carsie

Hi Carsie, good to see you popping in :cool:

Got the link from your sig on FTL :D

Finally, persistence pays off!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Hello fellow Yids. Great to see the site up and running. John from Waterford just registered. Been a Spurs fan since 1977. Family moved from Tottenham in 1978. 3 (unmarried!) brothers are season ticket holders and my two boys are JSMs. Was going to travel to Portugal for tonights game but couldn't get back til Saturday and needed to be back here Friday. What a bummer! Could've flown from Dublin for @€;70. One of my brothers is out there for the game. Hope we pull off a result tonight. Not much being said about Braga until now which always proves a danger. Thought the kid Taarabt looked well when introduced. Would like to see a few more "kids" get first team appearances. Would be nice to see our own Terry Dixon get a start, don't know if he is fully fit after injury yet. Anyway, will be in Cork on Sunday. Where is the best place to go to watch the game?

Nice to have you on board John.

Cork supporters club meet in a boozer called the Evergreen, that's worth a visit for tomorrow's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Nice to have you on board John.

Cork supporters club meet in a boozer called the Evergreen, that's worth a visit for tomorrow's game.

Thanks "Therecklessone"
    I didn't get your mail till today (Internet down, or the IT police on to me at work!!). I got the second half, yes the second half (missed the first!!) in The Rob Roy (seems like a good innercity spot for games, plus a few Spurs skulls in there and no Chelski). I must be jinxed! We'll take them at home though. Just checked for flights and St.Patrick is doing us no favours, prices are high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Did not notice post?
    Evergreen Bar is in Turners Cross - not far from Lge of Ireland venue - 1/2 mile City side.
    Hope the Rob Roy was ok - good day for Spurs fans, pity did not finish them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Hi All

Parents where from Ireland and moved to Turnpike lane in North London where I was born approx 40 years ago (Jesusssssssss)

Moved to Ireland when about 12, but went all over the place and finally moved back to Cork (parents home city) where I have a wee family of my own

Never thought that there were so many Spurs supporters here
    thought it was just Man U that every one followed!!

Havent been to a game for a while but me and my brother will go and see some if possible soon, and bring our own boys too...who knows they might even thank us for it (:D )

have a good one...and keep up the good work..
    Dan

Thanks for popping in Dan, plenty of Yids down your way with an active supporters club (link in the links thread if you're interested)

Stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Hi am a spurs fan since seventies. traveling over for the seville game. only my second time could do with advice on pubs restaurants chippers . Am from wexford

Hi mate, just posted on your other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm new to all this, we just got broadband, and boards, google earth, and online news are all novel. I'm 40, I'm named Pat, I'm a lifelong spurs nut who loves all sport; probably a hurling lover first if pushed to it. I'm from Wexford, and am a farmer. I am married with 3 little boys. The eldest is a Man U fan, thanks to my father in law, a genuine red. I harbour spurs ambitions for the other two. I enjoy the fantastic access to spurs now available. Through football first, I get to see almost all of every match. I have only seen spurs live thrice. Leceister at the lane in 2000 - a hat trick from Sir Les, an appalling 3-1 pasting at Dalymount from a good bohs team, and the Seville match. I grew up listening to BBC 2 midweek sports special, and reading match accounts in the indo and times. I listened to the 84 UEFA cup final on radio- the penalty shoot out was harder to take than if I'd been there. We didn't have the English TV stations until 1983, so I've no idea how I ended up a spurs fan . Match of the Day on a Saturday night after the Late Late was my lot. I'd go to bed and my dad would wake me when it was time. Shoot was my bible. Before that, in the mid seventies, the only football was 15-20 mins on Sports stadium- I think it was part of the previous Sunday's big Match.
    The point is, I might not be considered a very committed supporter, but I still remember signing Ardiles/Villa and Archibald/Crooks with relish. I remember Colin Lee's debut a 9-0 win over Bristol Rovers. I remember listening to the 7-0 pasting by Liverpool on BBC. Spurs occupy my thoughts far more than they really should, but I wouldn't swop it for the world.
    That's me, I suppose. I will be a regular on this board, if not at the lane. I'm yappy and opinionated, ridiculously optimistic and naive. They are classic traits of a Wexford bogger, but almost a photofit of what is needed to enjoy life as a spurs fan. I'm Lilywhite, yellowbelly, and proud of it.
    Talk to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gamblu

hi,i'm a spurs fan from Malta,
    come on you spurs:)

Hi gamblu, greetings and salutations!

Malta's a long way away from the Lane, thought we had it bad travelling over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Im Donal from Kerry been a spurs fan since i was four, basically i eat drink and sleep spurs.Have been to the lane about 20 times try to go 5 times a season.Have had the pleasure of playing on the hallowed turf this may for football aid,what an experience would recommend to anyone.Hope to travel 5 or 6 times again next season.Best moment as spurs fan has to be last november 5th witnessing us beat chelski at last.

COYS

Hi Donal, good to have you on board.

I think Robxxx7 will be happy to have another Kerryman posting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Hi Donal, good to have you on board.

I think Robxxx7 will be happy to have another Kerryman posting!

:D Your not wrong ... we seem to be few and far between this side of the country .... apart from myself and my 2 sons i don't know any other Spurs Fans ...

Welcome Donal , i'm sure we can organise a trip or two for games at the lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

im craig...18..tottenham fan since i was born...member all my life...live in dublin...90% of my family lives in london near the lane...been to countless amounts of games..like to go to 5 a year..never been to an away game but i have my eye on wigan away this year...yid army

Belated hello to you Craig.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Realising that the last post was sent on this over a year ago i'm just happy to find football threads that I can post on (new member) My name is Paddy. Live in north dublin. A born and raised united supporter, defected to Spurs at the age of 14 (8 years ago) as soon as I was old enough to have common sense. Try to get to at least 2 matches a season (usually at old trafford to avail of the oul lads season tickets). Having starting supporting Spurs during what can hardly be described as the wonder years (Christian Gross) and am more than happy to support a motivated Spurs side.

Heart-warming to read that Paddy, though you must be a real glutton for punishment!

I live in Swords as well (Ridgewood) and Dublin Spur is a Portmarnock man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 The Lilywhite

Hi my name is Peter, I've been a Spurs fan since 1976 (the season we were relegated, so I bring a certain luck to my Spurs) I am a massive fan living here in Naas, I've been over to WHL a good few times but not for a couple of years now, and as my brother lives in Slough I was able to get tickets for the Reading game but the less said about that the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭tomo75

Hi guys, name is Tom from Clare but living in Dublin. Been a Spurs fan since late eighties. Haven't been to any home games but got to see them at Anfield when Harry Kewell made me sick!!! Hope to get over for a game or 2 this season. Will be posting from here on out,
    Cheers,
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Good to see the culchies follow Spurs - i'm one too!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spurs4eva

Greetings to my Yid brothers & sisters, name's Dave and i live in Galway, been a spurs fan since 1982 when i was 12, good times:D

• Advertisement

Howya to the new arrivals.

Advertisement