Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shelfer

Hi fellers

Some of you will know me, the rest of you I guess are just plain lucky.

I'm from Essex, but if it's any consolation me gran's maiden name was Milligan and she came from County Longford.

I'm trying to find out a bit about Spurs support in Ireland, so I guess this is as good a place to start as anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hi mate, nice of you to pop in.

Working on another book? Feel free to ask any questions you want, hopefully we can be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Just discovered this board, I hope to become a regular poster here. I'm from Tipp South and have been a spurs fan since about 1972 I was over for the arsenal game last month and will be heading over for the sunderland game in january next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

tippspur wrote: »
    Just discovered this board, I hope to become a regular poster here.

Same as myself! Spurs fan since I was 7 (now 21). Took after my dad! :D:D:D

Hi fellas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redz yidos

I am a spurs fan since I moved to London in 88. Lived very close to WhiteHeart Lane. I am glad Martin Jol is gone. I had nothing against him, felt he did a good job for the last 3 years, with the exception of this year, but felt that he had taken us as far as he could. Also want Commilli gone, as he is a Gooner bastard. We can only go forward now. I'm back in Ireland 10 years now, and get over about twice a year. Who else feels we needed a change of management, before it was too late. Championship was beckoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 joxerdaly

Hi I'm Paul, 28 and been a Spurs supporter as long as I can remember. Never been to the Lane but that is to change before the end of this season. Sorry I never got to see them play under Martin Jol. Here's to a massive turn around under Ramos for this season. COYS!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Spurs Clone

Hi all
    Great to have found this forum, thanks for organising it.

I'm Gerry, from Monaghan, living Cavan/Meath border....big Spurs fan since i was about 7 or so (memories of my decision to follow spurs are very vague at this point). Try to get over once or twice a season but that's been difficult due to many years of shift and weekend work. Anyway looking forward to getting over more often, starting with Man City on 9th Dec. Flights and match ticket sorted...can't wait....

Greetings and salutations to all new arrivals.

Stick around fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Hello All,

Im Rich and originally from London but living in Raheny, Nth Dublin City for 4 years now.

I lived most of my life only a 20 minute walk to WHL so it was always going to be Spurs for me. First game was 1977 whilst in Div.2. Up until about 6 years ago I hardly ever missed a home game and I've followed Spurs away to vitually every stadium in England at some time or another. I still try to get to as many games as possible.

If anyone needs advice for travelling to games or even tips for decent pubs around the stadium area etc. then I'll try my best for you.

I normally watch our games in my local in Raheny but wondered if theres any venues in Dublin where fans meet up for games other than Maynards?

• Advertisement

Sorry I meant Tom Mayes and not Maynards

Hi Rich!

Dublin Spur and a few non-boards people often meet up in Gibneys in Malahide for games, they have Al Jazerra TV as well so get a lot of "non-televised" games.

Both myself and Dublin Spur are season ticket holders, I tend to either be at a game or be in work, but may have to settle for the goggle box in the new year due to work commitments so might be around more.

If you have any suggestions for travel to WHL have a look at the "How do I get to" thread at the top of the page, I've put a lot up there but any tips gratefully accepted.

Where exactly did you live in London? I've a mate lives in Edmonton (Bridport Road). What boozer do you call home? I'm a fan of the Coach and Horses, or the Gilpins for an early beer.

Hiya Reckless,

Thanks for the reply.

I lived in Pretoria Road (top end), Edmonton, N18. You might possibly know the Haringey Irish Centre, which is at the Tottenham (bottom) end of the road. It also doubles up as the Spurs Supporters Club on matchdays.

I have inherited my mothers season ticket for this year as she passed away just before start of season, so i've been to most of the home games this season. Midweek games are difficult for me so I generally dish the ticket out to one of my mates.

Best pub for me near the stadium is the Victoria. It's in Scotland Green, N17. Ii's about 10 minutes walk along the High Road (Seven Sisters direction) to the left off the High Road.

It's one of pubs in the locality, which is still catering specifically for the exile irish community. Plus its the pub me old dad uses and I know every f*cker in the place. Of course on matchdays its packed with Spurs fans and always good craic and never any bother.

I won't be over to Spurs until Christmas now but maybe next time we'll meet up for a few beers after the game.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    I have inherited my mothers season ticket for this year as she passed away just before start of season, so i've been to most of the home games this season.

Sorry to hear about your loss mate.

Know the Irish Center, never been in it but am reliably informed its the only boozer that you'll get a real glass in on a matchday...also does decent food?

I know of the Victoria, just across from the Two Brewers isn't it? NIcely tucked in off the High Rd, always meant to stop off on our way back to Tottenham Hale but we usually have so little time.

Most of my mates drink in the Coach & Horses, lovely little place about 10 minutes north of the Lane on the right hand side on your way towards Edmonton, a Wexford man is the guvnor and plenty of Irish-descent drink in there.

Will definitely meet up for a beer some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Blue 84

Hello everyone.

Great to see a message board for irish spurs. A fan myself since 1994, then aged 10, enticed by a relative's old videos of Hoddle, Gazza, etc. tormenting defences and collecting trophies. My first season as a supporter is still fresh in the memory, 'The Famous Five' banging the in goals in attack, with the defence shipping a similar number of goals for the first few months of the season (No change there, I hear you say) with the 1-0 win against Arsenal (Popescu!) and the win at Anfield in the fa cup standing out from then.

Haven't been over to see them yet, hope to address that before the end of this season. And I want nothing more for xmas than a fully fit Ledley King shoring up our porous defence. Would be like a new signing I'm sure you'll agree..

Hi Blue,

Welcome to the forum mate. I only found this message board myself in the last few weeks and have found it very interesting and informative so I hope you enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Hi all
    Only discovered this thread this morning while browsing - great to hear that the spurs supporters are alive and well in this country.I am 38 and I have supported spurs ever since I was a boy. Ashamed to say that I never actually was in White Hart Lane and I am not a ticket holder - didnt even know that there was a supporters club in Ireland. I am from Cavan by the way.
    Two questions -
    1. is the supporters club in Ireland open for membership or is there such a thing
    2. is it possible to buy tickets on-line for home games even it you dont have aseason ticket and are not a member of a supporters club.

By the way, is it my imagination or is our defence getting worse as the season moves on(was watching the Anderlecht game last night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 steve_thfc

Hello all,

Im Steve, 22 and i'm from Epsom, Surrey. I've supported the Spurs for as long as i can remember, i often wonder why! I usually average 8-10 games a season, though i'm well on track to beat that this season!
    I just want to say its fantastic to see this board, my father is from Cork so I hope you'll consider me as one of your own! I've turned my back on the country of my birth and support Ireland and i was (un)lucky enough to be at all but two of the recent Euro 2008 qualifiers.

Anyway, thanks for reading and i'm really looking forward to contributing to your board.

Regards

Steve

Hello to all the new arrivals, hope you get to stick around.

If any of you want help arranging a trip to the Lane feel free to start a thread looking for help or suggestions. There are a number of season ticket holders who post here (myself included) who might be able to help you get tickets, or will meet up with you and show you the delights of N17...:D

Two questions -
    1. is the supporters club in Ireland open for membership or is there such a thing
    2. is it possible to buy tickets on-line for home games even it you dont have aseason ticket and are not a member of a supporters club.

Hi mate.

There are a number of supporters clubs in both the Republic and Northern Ireland. In the Republic, there are clubs in Cork, Waterford, Dublin and Dundalk as far as I know. Up north there are a lot contact details here, we bumped into a few from the Newry club last week after the Brum game.

You have the option of purchasing a membership from Spurs directly, It will cost you at least £40 a year, and will allow you to purchase one ticket per game during a nine day window when non-season ticket seats go on sale. You may also purchase a "guest" ticket on the tenth day of sales, subject to availability.

Other than Arsenal , you are pretty much guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket for every home game (in the league anyway) as long as you can get online on the day tickets go on sale. You can also phone the ticket office to purchase from them directly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

Hi Lads big time spurs supporter been going over once a yr at least since i was about 7, thanks to my dad lifetime dpurs supporter.... tryint to repay the gift for christmas can t let him know though, any hel with getting tix for Sunderland Match on the 19th welcome, even if someone could get the tickets for me, no prob in payin.

Based in dublin, should be posting alot now i have found this

Mate, the game is on general sale.

Have you tried phoning the ticket office? Call +44 844 499 5000.

Welcome by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

sew wrote: »
    Hi Lads big time spurs supporter been going over once a yr at least since i was about 7, thanks to my dad lifetime dpurs supporter.... tryint to repay the gift for christmas can t let him know though, any hel with getting tix for Sunderland Match on the 19th welcome, even if someone could get the tickets for me, no prob in payin.

Based in dublin, should be posting alot now i have found this
    hope you get tickets.a few of us are going from tipperary.we are members of the waterford branch.hope we meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

hello all,
    im new to the board.
    Have been a spurs supporter for as long as i can remember.
    From dunboyne in meath.
    Just a note to say hello and if anybody know if the dublin spurs supporters club still exsists it would be much appreciated. Ive been looking for contact details but i cant find them. Tried the link that was posted above but no luck.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Hey Guys,
    My name's Anthony and i been supporting Spurs for about 13 years. I havent once been over to the lane something I've been dying to do since i started supporting spurs. (I've dropped enough hints for my birthday/christmas presents) :rolleyes:

I been on boards for a long time now and i never even knew we had a spurs board! W00t!

So what you reckon then we'll take it to arsenal in the cup then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Name is chris have been supporting spurs since the age of 5 when my step dad got me into them, who is from tottenham.I'm from england but have been in ireland 6 years now the only down side of being here is that i can't get to as many games as i'd like to due to money. i'm a member of spurs and have been for 5 years.

Hi Chris and Anthony, hope you both stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

You can count on it mate,

i been looking for a decent fan site for a while now and tho my boards access is a little on the sporadic side i'll definalty pop in when ever i can

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Hi, just found this forum. Brought up in Cricklewood & Kilburn, was a season ticket holder for a good while, Lived in Jersey for 6 years before coming home to Ireland 2 years ago.Was in Waterford for 6 months, Kilkenny for just over a year and now back home in Kerry. Any other Kerrymen on here

Tomás

• Advertisement

Welcome Tomas hope you enjoy the threads mate.

Advertisement