Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Hi Tomas another Kerryman here Donal is the name,where abouts do you live in kerry?I think there 1 or 2 other kerrymen on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Hi Tomas another Kerryman here Donal is the name,where abouts do you live in kerry?I think there 1 or 2 other kerrymen on this board.

Howaya Donal, I'm in Spa, Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

hello all

My name is darren from dublin living in kildare.new to the board spurs supporter 20 years went to my first game at the lane last weekend had the honour of witnessing robbie keanes 100th spurs goal:D.coys

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Hi Darren,

Welcome on board, stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DubSpur81

Well hello there! Not new on boards.ie as such but I frequent a couple of other spurs forums but have only found this one now through COYS.

I've been a Spurs fan for 20 years, third generation Tottenham and based (obviously) in Dublin. Whats the craic with the Dublin Supporters Club? I always seem to hit a brick wall when I try to find out more info on them, although I hear rumblings of Tom Mayes in town being the meeting place for them?

Anyway its GREAT to see that there other Irish Spurs fans about, there are a lot of us, its just that we are evenly spread about the place, rather than the pockets of glory hunting Gooner scum that do float about.

COYS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 edantes

Steve from Dundalk here. Spurs fan since I was 7. Come on you Spurs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

curraghyid wrote: »
    hello all

My name is darren from dublin living in kildare.new to the board spurs supporter 20 years went to my first game at the lane last weekend had the honour of witnessing robbie keanes 100th spurs goal:D.coys
    hi darren,gerry here,i enjoyed your company last saturday in london.hope your flight home was on time.great to see you on board.hope we meet again,you seemed to like the pints in the irish centre and the result was great also.all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hey all,
    I'm a long time boards regular, but only found this forum 2day. I honestly never knew it existed till i stumbed upon it just there. I'm a big time Spurs fan. Be glad 2 have somewhere to discuss things. Bookmarked already :p

And on the day we beat our rivals, well thats just heaven :D

WERE GOING TO WEMBLEY!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ArmaghSpurs

lo guys, im 33 and from armagh, been a spurs fan all my life through my dads influence, i have an 8 yr old boy whos mad about spurs and next season both he and i will take in a few games at the lane for the first time. I seen spurs playing at glenavon years ago and even have nayims autograph. Great to see a site like this for all the irish faithful.
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

Been lurkin here for a few weeks, not sure about this postin lark! So if it look daft only learning!!

Was in N17 Tuesday night- UNREAL!!! Have seen WHL bouncing with atmosphere before(Seville last year) but too biscuit- couldn't speak for a few days after...considering the grief I had to get there ..fog at Knock Airport(happened 2 for the 4-4 VILLA game) this time I got a bus to Shannon an got to the ground on time..few beers and the game..FANTASTIC..

Today... never thought we'd get a result..no King(?) ..Great start ..had Robbie...10/1 to score 1st... but BLEW IT AGAIN... Dawson howlers... missed sitters(they had more chances)... Dawson sent off as it was at OLD Trafford...

Roll on Saturday when I get the chance to see them beat Manure at the Lane..(hopefully we might have done Scouse Blues on Wed) and we pick up badly needed League points...

and WE'RE GOING TO WEMBERLEY!!!

COYS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

hi all paul here member of corkspurs lurk alot and post a little on ftl but will prob post abit more here. following spurs since 1981 hoddle was the main reason but i think it was in me anyway try to get over 3 or 4 games a season.coys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stance

Stance here ...a Man Utd fan , hi all.
    Is it ok to join the thread ?

Stance wrote: »
    Stance here ...a Man Utd fan , hi all.
    Is it ok to join the thread ?

As long as you read the charter and stay respectful to the Spurs fans on here you'll be fine mate.

Got to say I've softened my stance (pardon the pun!) on ManYoo over the years, they play football the way its meant to be played, even at second best to Chelsea you still stuck to your principles. Pity you've so many sh1te fans ;) but I'm sure the 3k you have at the Lane today will be in fine voice, you always take great away support.

Also, welcome to all the new Yid arrivals, I've een away the last few weeks and haven't had much chance to post, but its great to see new contributions to the board so stick around.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

Hi,

Lurk on here a lot too. Go over a good bit since my first time where Ronan and Shane and Denis (RIP) were the guides!

Usually with the brother and last time with the son also.

Good to meet ya's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

Hello all,

My name is Gerry .. I am a huge Spurs fan...dont get over as much as I would like but normally stay for a couple of nights when I do.
    I am a Club member and a member of soem Uk boards and thought I would like to join this one as well.

Talk to you soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Go to around 5 games a year. Have loved Spurs since I was 5 (1974), when I saw Ossie Ardiles on Match of the Day, and i've been a YID ever since. Headin over to the Carling Cup final at Wembley, without tickets so far - hope to god, I've a chance of getting a ticket outside on the day. Ramos & Poyet are the Business!! Cmon the Spurs

Greetings to our newer arrivals all the way from Prague.

My hotel is right next to the best strip club in the city, so I'm just popping out for some milk...yes, milk...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

I'terry living in dundrum a member of spurs supporters club in dublin we meet in tom may every live match which is about every game we missed 2 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

Hi..just joined...saw the link from the COYS website. Does anyone know if there are many Waterford blaas on this and if so is there any pub where they meet up for games??

By the way I'm Dave and just moved to Waterford after spending a few years in Dublin. Been supporting Spurs since I was about 4 but have only been to the Lane once. Hope to get over there a lot more soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

Manic087 wrote: »
    Hi..just joined...saw the link from the COYS website. Does anyone know if there are many Waterford blaas on this and if so is there any pub where they meet up for games??

By the way I'm Dave and just moved to Waterford after spending a few years in Dublin. Been supporting Spurs since I was about 4 but have only been to the Lane once. Hope to get over there a lot more soon.
    hello dave my name is gerry and i live in carrick on suir.i'm a member of the waterford branch of the SSC.its a very active branch and we go to a good few matches.some of the lads are going to the final this weekend but they have no tickets.dont know if the rest are meeting up,if they are i'll pass on the info to you.its a well run club and if you are interested in joining i'll send you on the secretarys number.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

hello dave my name is gerry and i live in carrick on suir.i'm a member of the waterford branch of the SSC.its a very active branch and we go to a good few matches.some of the lads are going to the final this weekend but they have no tickets.dont know if the rest are meeting up,if they are i'll pass on the info to you.its a well run club and if you are interested in joining i'll send you on the secretarys number.

Gerry...that'd be brilliant if you could. I'll be home in Dungarvan for the final but for the next few games after that it'd be great to meet up with a few more yids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 podge32

me and few mates want to know where best place to watch match on sunday in newry or dundalk where we wont be overrun with chelski fans,

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Hi Lads. I'm a huge Spurs fan, being supporting since the 1967 Spurs v Chelsea final so next Sunday will bring back loads of memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Byrner10

Hi all,

My names Karl, 29 and have been a Spurs fan since a nipper due to my old man who can remember the glory days of Bill Nic.

Im so glad we have Juande to rave about giving us the trophy this time, as opposed to Judas and George in 99 (with Allan Nielsen of course). Woody and King for England? Please no, dont pick them so they are fresh as hell for us!!!

Hi Karl!

Where in Swords do you live? I'm in Ridgewood, and Dublin Spur who posts on here lives in Portmarnock, there's a few other non-boards types who live in the Malahide area, and they often meet in Gibney's for televised matches.

Might try organise something for the Bingo Club game in two weeks, though I want to meet another fella I know who lives in Stoneybatter so will probably make it somewhere in town.

Hey,

Originally from Rathbeale in Swords but moved to Donabate. Been to Gibneys for a couple of games but sure its a real Gooner pub with the owner being a massive fan and all. The 5 of us arranged to meet in the Old Boro for the PSV game again in 8 days, so will give that a craic there anyway. Will mention to them then about Tom Mayes in town being the official home of the Dublin supporters club. Is it the one on Dorset Street yeah?

Byrner10 wrote: »
    Hey,

Originally from Rathbeale in Swords but moved to Donabate. Been to Gibneys for a couple of games but sure its a real Gooner pub with the owner being a massive fan and all. The 5 of us arranged to meet in the Old Boro for the PSV game again in 8 days, so will give that a craic there anyway. Will mention to them then about Tom Mayes in town being the official home of the Dublin supporters club. Is it the one on Dorset Street yeah?

Yeah mate, not happy with with the Library screen out in the beer garden but they have Al Jazerra satellite so they show a lot of the "non-televised" games which is handy.

Mayes is on Dorset Street, yeah.

Finally, formerly of Portrane myself. :D

Nice one, up with the local parish!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keano9

Been a Spurs fan 22 years now. I'm living and working in London and became a season ticket holder for the first time this season. Well worth it to get priority for ticket application for the final. Boy, it was one hell of an atmosphere!

Absolutely delighted for the lads. Even better having beaten Chel$ki. Will try n post some pics up soon (just need to lighten them a bit).

COYS!

Advertisement