Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Doogs

Afternoon all. Roscommon born Spurs fan here. 30 years old and a Spurs fan since 85 after moving to London in 83. Season ticket holder since 99. This is me last Sunday :-)

dsc00018qg9fq3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cockerelcrows

Great picture!!!!

I've been a Tottenham fan for 25 years. I head over to the Lane about twice a season. I was in Sinnots in Stephens Green last Sunday. About 30 Spurs fans and 10 Chelsea fans. The place was mobbed. At the final whistle the Spurs went mad. What a win!!! Im still on a high!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Hi there

Age 32
    Tottenham fan since I was 7

Favourite player ever - Jurgen Klinsmann

Last Sunday was one of the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Lads, Spurs fan since the mighty UEFA cup win of '84 (I was 8). Funny thing,
    I was a Liverpool fan initially because I thought that's who Ossie Ardiles played for. Then, when I saw him in the Spurs shirt, my destiny was sealed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 martine 67

hi lads i aint a spurs fan but my hubby is i have just got us tickets for the newcastle match 4 his 40th birthday we r flying into standstead an staying in the travistock hotel never been to london b4 can anybody help with directions from airport to hotel and from hotel to w h l also does any body kno the price of the trains many thanks martine xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

'can anybody help with directions from airport to hotel and from hotel to w h l also does any body kno the price of the trains many thanks martine'

Hi Martine, I sent you details by PM, hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

Hi all,

35 year old, Spurs fan since the 1981 FA Cup final win over Man City, picked spurs before the match as my older brother was a City fan. Have stuck with the ever since.

I suppose when I was younger I was more into it and upset when we lost (which was alot really) older and wiser now, but have to admit went nuts when we beat the "Scum" in the semi-final, and slighlty nuts when winning the Carling Cup final.

Marky

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

As usual, welcome to all new arrivals. I reckon things will settle down on the forum now that the season is effectively done, but stick around all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 smithfield yid

Im Alan new to this site. 27 from artane live in smithfield been a spurs fan since 84 when an uncle gave me ossies dream on vinyl. first time seen spurs was a 4 0 win over home farm in tolka park first time in whl was march 89 at home to liverpool we lost 2 1. member of spurs last 5 years go over about 6 times a year can be found in tom mayes when im not in the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Welcome to the club! COYS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

welcome iwas up in dublin 2 weeks ago for a communion wentfor somthing to eat in a pub called the crossbar by harlds cross my daughter spotted some spurs up on the wall spoke to the owner hes spurs fan has some nice snaps with ossie,ricky,peerryman and he is good freinds with paul miller i was given it loads to the rest of the people that came up that no matter you go you always meet up with the spurs :D

Im Alan new to this site.

Hi Alan, nice of you to pop in.
    welcome iwas up in dublin 2 weeks ago for a communion wentfor somthing to eat in a pub called the crossbar by harlds cross my daughter spotted some spurs up on the wall spoke to the owner hes spurs fan has some nice snaps with ossie,ricky,peerryman and he is good freinds with paul miller i was given it loads to the rest of the people that came up that no matter you go you always meet up with the spurs

Ha ha, legend. That's my mate's local, never been in it but will give it a gander next time I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 smithfield yid

Thanks for the welcome lads appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pleasurehead

Hi, I'M an old fan from the seventies. I missed the sixtees when we were really good but I caught us when we were great and have watched us go down hill since then. I'M wondering if a few more years of Coca Cola cup wins are really gonna do it for me, and have come to the conclusion that I knew years ago when I put my faith in Robbie Keane that it was pretty much all over. Can anyone talk me out of being a Brentford fan? Their football really is quite entertaining.

Hi, I'M an old fan from the seventies. I missed the sixtees when we were really good but I caught us when we were great and have watched us go down hill since then. I'M wondering if a few more years of Coca Cola cup wins are really gonna do it for me, and have come to the conclusion that I knew years ago when I put my faith in Robbie Keane that it was pretty much all over. Can anyone talk me out of being a Brentford fan? Their football really is quite entertaining.

Have you anything positive to say about Spurs? The smell of troll is quite pungent to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cambo Dustman

Hello

John from Cambridge here. I know some of you chaps from the various pubs at Spurs and of course the away matches. Being going for many years and also follow Cambridge City FC.

Linked up with a few of you in Prague.

Hi John, cheers for popping in.

Bit quiet at the moment but will pick up when the season kicks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pleasurehead

Stick to Cambridge mate. We're about as entertaining as watching paint dry and no sign of improving in the near future either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cambo Dustman

Have you seen Cambridge lately - Dullsville Arizona my friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Hi,
    I've been lurking around this forum for the best part of the year now, very lazy so never got round to signing up till now. It's great to find a really vibrant Spurs community online. I was a late comer to Spurs, been about 11 years now since I was about 12. When I was a kid much to Dads consternation I supported ManYoo like many just because they won ****. Soon learnt the futility of that, if your team is winning all the time its kind of empty. Making my dad proud now though! (He's been a fan since the early 60's) Moving to London later this year so even if I dont have a ticket for matches I plan on drinking somewhere near to the lane.
    COYS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Moving to London later this year so even if I dont have a ticket for matches

Good man, I'm sure we can fix that for you (usually) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Alright lads. I'm new to boards and stumbled across this thread today. I've been supporting Spurs since I was a nipper after seeing Gazza at Italia 90 (then finding out what club he played for!), but it was probably Klinsmann who sealed the deal for me when he came to north London in 94/95 when I was 10. I've been to matches at Villa and Liverpool, but have not had the chance to get to the Lane yet. I'm hoping thats gonna change this season. COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 aidodo

Hi All, finally decided to stop lurking and get in on the chat. Been a Spurs fan since the early eighties. My first real memory of football was the 84 uefa cup final. Tony Parks, where are you now ?

Very excited about the new season. I seem to remember being this excited last season too. Didnt last long though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hi,
    I've been lurking around this forum for the best part of the year now, very lazy so never got round to signing up till now. It's great to find a really vibrant Spurs community online. I was a late comer to Spurs, been about 11 years now since I was about 12. When I was a kid much to Dads consternation I supported ManYoo like many just because they won ****. Soon learnt the futility of that, if your team is winning all the time its kind of empty. Making my dad proud now though! (He's been a fan since the early 60's) Moving to London later this year so even if I dont have a ticket for matches I plan on drinking somewhere near to the lane.
    COYS!

You're moving to London, Col?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Maybe Liam, but this is not the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mickj

Hey there, new to this forum, Spurs fan for the last 35yrs (aged 35), lived in London between ages of 13 and 30 and was a regular worshipper at the Temple of White Hart Lane. Heading over this weekend for the Roma friendly and bring my 7 year old son to his 1st match at The Lane. Living in Meath now. Is there somewhere in the Dublin / Leinster area you lads meet to watch the televised matches and have a couple of pints??

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Hi I'm Phil,
    Been a Spurs supporter since the early 80's....Ray Clemence was my inspur(s)ration.
    Hoping to make a couple of trips to The Lane this season...so i'll be checking in here now that i've found you, with questions & looking for info.......Glory Glory

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pduff13

Yid Army!

Paul here, never ceases to amaze me how many Spurs fans are actually in Ireland.Usually go to 4 or 5 games a season. Hoping for more now that am no longer a student. Got the Arsenal Cup semi last season and the reading 6-4 epic. Best Spurs experience has to be the cup semi or the parklane when we beat the gooners 2 1 in 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Alright Paul,

You got very lucky with the matches you went to last season! Fair play. The 5-1 must have been amazing, assuming you were at WHL for 2nd leg. And Berba's four goals in Reading game will always be something to cherish. I had him as my captain in the Fantasy Prem League that week too! Booya!

Anyways, looks like Pavlyuchenko is on his way over to us. Lets hope he settles in quickly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 robd55

Hi there,

I am a long suffering spurs fan from Limerick. I have been supporting them since the time of the HOD. Been to the Lane once to see the 2nd leg of the UEFA cup match we lost to Sevilla:( Dont know what to expect this season hopefully it wont be another "transition season where new player have to be given the chance to settle in". Kudos for setting this up I am sick of the Manyoo and Liverscum.

Spurs till I die.

Advertisement