Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderdome: Threads about users

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

That's basically what I'm saying Steveire. I would be happy with the new thread option being removed at least.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

sjones, seriously, what.

Your analogies are absolutely dreadful man. You make it sound like boards.ie is a workplace or a playground, somewhere where people have no choice but be subjected to the whims of whatever abuse they're recieving.

What you're saying is akin to someone reading a book about the holocaust getting depressed and killing themselves. It's not like they were forced to read the book, so it struck a personal chord with them, who cares? If they're so unstable that they're going to top themselves over insults on the Internet when they have an ignore list, or can simply avoid these threads, then the world is better off without them.

amp is spot on.

CuLT wrote:
    sjones, seriously, what.

You're analogies

That's as far as I chose to read, noble sir. Your grammar fails it.

I'll discuss this with you tomorrow night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

There really wasn't a need for that comma before noble sir.

Damn, I hate getting grammarowned :(

Such a cop out ¬_¬

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:
    There really wasn't a need for that comma before noble sir.

I paused. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Both the thunderdome and the cuckoo's nest are a complete waste of precious boards server speed/space. Do you folks posting in these completely useless threads really have nothing better to do?

Both the thunderdome and the cuckoo's nest are a complete waste of precious boards server speed/space. Do you folks posting in these completely useless threads really have nothing better to do?
    They could be sitting in the IOA server getting capped by AWPers, right Endo ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

No I don't. Have you nothing better to do than attack some of the most well loved forums on boards?

Let's see if we can create an example of how the thunderdome is not bullying.

Say I pick a person at random from the phone book. I then say out loud. "Mr Smith is an asshat!". Now, I don't know if Mr Smith is anywhere near me or if he's actually an asshat. If Mr Smith doesn't like what I have to say then he can go elsewhere or tell me that it is I who is the asshat.

Kids have to go to school, they rarely have that choice themselves. Within schools bullying can happen. The kid cannot escape the bullying because they cannot leave the school. They may not have the courage to report the bullying to anyone else.

It's not just restricted to schools. There have been cases where employee's face bullying but have no choice but to put up with it because they have to pay the rent.

On boards.ie The Thunderdome is not required reading. To call what happens there bullying is an insult to those who have actually been bullied. And to say that it could cause suicides is totally rediculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Whatever amp says im with him 4.65%

• Advertisement

anti wrote:
    Whatever amp says im with him 4.65%

Hey, that's up 0.04%. Good news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I've used the Thunderdome to vent my feeling towards a fellow boardsie, it got nasty both way. HAd I not had TT i suppose i would have just gotten over it,

Its not nessecery, it doesn't provide any real service but it can be fun.

As for amp saying if you dont like it dont read it, its not a case of "whats said in TT stays in TT", I've had personbal comments made about me there throw at me both outside TT and in pms.

Its very possibly more trouble than it is worth.

TCN is totally different and does provide a great service, it give you somewhere to be as silly as you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I predict a sigpo!!

CuLT wrote:
    They could be sitting in the IOA server getting capped by AWPers, right Endo ¬_¬

Hell ye :D, pull in biatches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

well said amp, anti and 6th...

people with stressful job/lives need somewhere to kick back and relax and TCN provides that service very well. its silly and funny at to be honest i have hardly seen any bad comments made to any boardsies so you can just leave it alone!!

as for TT i have posted in there probably once or twice and tbh i dont care for it, cant be mean so i just stay out, its not like people aren't warned about it when they get on here! if ya dont like it dont read it.

Please ignore my sig, i am very serious poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Feckin gaywpers!! :) Boycott TT TBH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Both the thunderdome and the cuckoo's nest are a complete waste of precious boards server speed/space. Clownbag is the only decent boarsie to post in the Nest

Your kind words towards me scarcely mask a great evil lurking inside you. You must at once cease this unfounded attack upon The Cuckoo's Nest.

The Honourable Cuckoo's Nest is a noble forum and one which must continue to flourish. Those of you who wish Judgment day to befall the humble Nest and banish it from existence are mere soulless plebeians, incapable of realising the true nature of the Nest. The Nest is a place where right honourable baoardsies may come after a stressful day to frolic, play and unwind. It is a virtual stress ball which aids us and comforts us.

The Nest, unlike other less noble forums, claims nothing more than to be a place of off topicness and quirky humour. Many other forums which claim to be above board are often populated by people who are less than adequately educated to speak on the subjects they choose, though are delusional of their mental prowess nonetheless. At least the honourable Nest is functioning according to its design, unlike many other forums which are bursting at the seems with tripe, which their moderators can barely contain.

One last thing, I do not appreciate the Nest being used as a dumping ground for threads gone astray in other forums. We have no wish to import external muppetry. Often such threads are unworthy of Nest status as they lack the skill and wit within them to sit at our table. Learn of our ways or else be silent you blabbering buffoon.

jules80 wrote:
    Please ignore my sig, i am very serious poster!

Can't ignore it, its breaking the sig rules and has been reporter >_>

clown bag wrote:
    Your kind words towards me scarcely mask a great evil lurking inside you. You must at once cease this unfounded attack upon The Cuckoo's Nest.

The Honourable Cuckoo's Nest is a noble forum and one which must continue to flourish. Those of you who wish Judgment day to befall the humble Nest and banish it from existence are mere soulless plebeians, incapable of realising the true nature of the Nest. The Nest is a place where right honourable baoardsies may come after a stressful day to frolic, play and unwind. It is a virtual stress ball which aids us and comforts us.

The Nest, unlike other less noble forums, claims nothing more than to be a place of off topicness and quirky humour. Many other forums which claim to be above board are often populated by people who are less than adequately educated to speak on the subjects they choose, though are delusional of their mental prowess nonetheless. At least the honourable Nest is functioning according to its design, unlike many other forums which are bursting at the seems with tripe, which their moderators can barely contain.

One last thing, I do not appreciate the Nest being used as a dumping ground for threads gone astray in other forums. We have no wish to import external muppetry. Often such threads are unworthy of Nest status as they lack the skill and wit within them to sit at our table. Learn of our ways or else be silent you blabbering buffoon.

LOL, its just full of people looking for affection in the wrong place, its all so *cute*. Gotta wonder about some of the dudes who post in those threads :O.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Gordon wrote:
    It could be impossible with VB.

Anything is possible with vB.

• Advertisement

Even though I am banned from TCN i will stand by Clownbag and defend it to the death, if nothing else it keeps my little sister away from the rest of Boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

amp wrote:
    Have you nothing better to do than attack some of the most well loved forums on boards?

Is it? I'm no expert but it doesn't strike me as a forum most people use, (it isn't in the top 5 fora anyway, and doesn't move at a fast pace). Maybe someone else knows how many posts it has and how it compares to other fora in that regard.
    It seems to be there for a minority of users that like to insult the main userbase of the board for no gain but their own personal satisfaction.

Seriously, what benefit is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

LOL,
    That's the spirit! may you lol forever more, however it must be said the handsome clown does hate when people post "lol". Orate your laughter with words such as... “that response caused me to involuntary bellow a hearty chuckle”. "lol" is most lazy and void of any significance.
    6th wrote:
    Even though I am banned from TCN i will stand by Clownbag and defend it to the death, if nothing else it keeps my little sister away from the rest of Boards!
    Don't worry Sir 6th, I keep a close watch upon her. She wanders never far from my eye. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I agree with Amp and CuLT.
    You don't have to read it, so don't if you are a precious, precious princess.
    No, no, don't cry now. The bad words hurt. Oh cry. I hope this is eloquent enough.

biko wrote:
    Just delete the sjones, CSG, Tar monkey etc threads
    Screw that, I love my thread, I encourage people to insult me.

Hey, Endurance Man, screw you.

Amp's Kingdom is the best forum on boards.
    I'm sure threads on the virtual killing of people is CS, are infinitely better.

InFront wrote:
    Is it? I'm no expert but it doesn't strike me as a forum most people use, (it isn't in the top 5 fora anyway, and doesn't move at a fast pace). Maybe someone else knows how many posts it has and how it compares to other fora in that regard.

I said some of the most well loved, not most popular or frequently visited. Big difference.
    It seems to be there for a minority of users that like to insult the main userbase of the board for no gain but their own personal satisfaction.

Seriously, what benefit is there?

It allows a place to vent and can occasionally deliver moments of pure comedy.

LOL, its just full of people looking for affection in the wrong place, its all so *cute*. Gotta wonder about some of the dudes who post in those threads :O.

For someone who hates it so much you seem to know a lot about what goes on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

amp wrote:
    It allows a place to vent and can occasionally deliver moments of pure comedy.

Does venting now take the form of bullying and ganging up on the user you wish to vent upon?

Pish.

It's a giant circle jerk forum tbh. You know at least poster gets their rocks off by 'venting' against another user.

amp wrote:
    For someone who hates it so much you seem to know a lot about what goes on there.

You only have to read 2-3 posts before you realise what is actually going on in there ;0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

You only have to read 2-3 posts before you realise what is actually going on in there ;0.

I really don't see what you're problem is. :confused: What exactly is it that is actually going on there? There's a crowd of us that like to chill out and have fun in TCN! That's what the forum is for! Everything that goes on there is a big joke! If you don't like it then don't go there. Simple as!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

takola wrote:
    I really don't see what you're problem is. :confused: What exactly is it that is actually going on there? There's a crowd of us that like to chill out and have fun in TCN! That's what the forum is for! Everything that goes on there is a big joke! If you don't like it then don't go there. Simple as!

I think its the Thunderdome they are talking about dear. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement