Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buya compas (not in town!)

Options
  • 25-08-2006 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hi, what shop would sell a compass,I'm in Bray and cant get into the great outdoors in town.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gonk

Isn't there a camping/army surplus type shop on the Florence Road and another on the Albert Walk? I'd be surprised if one or other of them couldn't help you out. Otherwise, why not buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Can't really think of anywhere off hand (I live there too!). I've always thought it a bit odd myself considering that Bray is so close to the Wicklow Mountains and there are plenty of people there who walk regularly in the hills.

Anyway, could you get to Dun Laoghaire? There's a shop there down from the main street towards the harbour that is a kind of half boating/yachting half outdoors kind of place. Otherwise there's 53 degrees north at Carrickmines but you'll need a car to get there. There's also a place in Sandyford village whose name escapes me at the moment ... a strange place that is a garden centre / equestrian shop / outdoor shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

It was so obvious! I got one in the fishing store on castle street!

Thanks!

Advertisement