Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Credit Cards

Options
  • 25-08-2006 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have been checking the savings gained from switching my credit card account from AIB to a low cost provider. The aim is to clear the current balance over 9 months. I see UB and EBS offer low rates. I never have any late payment or penalty fees however I am looking for feedback on change in service levels. AIB have always been very helpful, I can manage my payments on-line/telebanking and always had easy access to customer care.

Can anyone who has recently switched Credit card provider share their thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Anicrus wrote:
    Yes, trying to get a 'letter of closure' from my old provider, for legal reasons I won't say who, but it has been the most painful experience in my life, on a par with correcting my own ingrown toe-nail with a pliers.
    You'd think the provider would send out the Letter of Closure to you after you close the account or pass it to the new provider, but oh no, in Ireland you must apply for it. The less said about the saga the better. It's a forgotten chapter in my life that I'm slowly getting over.
    Threaten to never do business with the bank again if they don't give you the letter of closure within 28 days of cancelling your credit card. Not that they'll care, they and the others have the market sown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anicrus wrote:
    I'm thinking of switching from MBNA to Tesco's Visa card as you earn Clubcard points on all purchases, however their lack of online account access is a bit of a minus.

Advertisement