Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

file sharing between pda and mac os x

• 25-08-2006 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

hi all
    ok,heres what i want to do=i want connect my pda(xda mini s and maybe my imate sp5) to my mac (mac os 10.4) via wifi so i can browse my files on my mac from the pda to stream music etc,hows this possible?i thought by installing resco explorer i could browse the network but its a no go.any ideas?the pda and computer connect fine but not sure what to do next!

thanks in advance
    damo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Do you have bluetooth as well? You should be able to browse the files, and transfer files, using that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

bluetooth is too slow to stream media files,i have a mac computer network(wireless) at my home where we browse each others computers,so i want to connect my pda to that, if you get my drift!

thanks anyway
    damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If your PDA can connect to Windows file shares, enable "Windows Sharing" in Mac OS X's system preferences (it's under Sharing):

"Click Start to let selected Windows users access shared folders on this computer using SMB/CIFS. This will also let Windows users print to shared printers."

that might just be it,have powercut at the mo (sods law)so will let you know how i got on!

cheers
    damo

had a go there,set up the mac for windows filesharing,type in the address into the file explorer on the pda...just get an error saying cannot connect to server and dont have permission to access etc,i'm on the right track though!tried googling my query but seems to be no references, surely someone has done this before?any more ideas anyone?

regards
    damo

• Advertisement
Advertisement