Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When I come home to you...

Options
  • 25-08-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I´ve been living in Spain for the past few months and have got really used to broadband in the university and the cyber cafes etc. I marvel at how my flatmate can stick here laptop on the desk near the window and magically have broadband.

I really want it when I get home... but the only option in my home town is Digiweb satellite (I could use that at the weekends) or I will probably be working in Dublin so I could buy a laptop and get a connection there? But can you get a connection easily in Dublin? Is it wireless or do I need a fixed line in my apartment? And is it availbile but not in Firhouse etc....?

Any advice much appreciated. I can´t go back to dial up.

Extranjero

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Try digiweb metro wireless if you cannot get DSL or Cable in Firhouse, otherwise tell us the town you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Extranjero

Rathdowney, co. Laois

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

try

http://www.premierbb.ie/packages.htm

or lastmile.ie
    July 2006 Last Mile Broadband launch Broadband Wireless Services from Base Stations located at Killenard and Ballybrittas, Co. Laois.

or digiweb about Metro

Advertisement