Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone want a homemade Projector Screen?

• 25-08-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Need to get rid of this, its about 90" diagonal, MDF board, painted with GooSystems screen goo (Digital Grey). Would need to collect it, likely in a van!
    Painting was rolled, not sprayed, but for contrast and colours, has to be better than the white walls people are using!

http://www.goosystems.com/cgi-bin/ic/goosystems/screengoo?id=gUDbCMye

For free of course!

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Hi Matt,

I might be interested... What are the dimensions height/width?

And where are you based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Tell me Matt. Where did you acquire the goo from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Got any goo left by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Hi Matt,

I might be interested... What are the dimensions height/width?

And where are you based?

Its actually 82" Diagonal, about 107cm High x 185cm wide including frame. Im near Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. I notice the screen has got a few marks on it from stuff hitting against it when left in the storage room, so if no one wants it for a screen I know someone that wants a big MDF sheet for something else entirely.

I have some Goo left, not selling it tho! I got it from NexNix.co.uk.

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Yep, I am interested in it as a screen. Just have to check it will fit in my motor! Are the marks on it dents or paint scratches. Would you touch them up before collection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Yep, I am interested in it as a screen. Just have to check it will fit in my motor! Are the marks on it dents or paint scratches. Would you touch them up before collection?

I dont know where my paint roller is, but I found what was left of the grey Goo, not much, so you can have it an touch it up later. They are neither dents (not likely in MDF anyhow!) or scratches, more like if someone rubbed thick pencil streak on too parts. Like caused by the plastic caps on a ladder rubbing against it.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nedhmo

Hi Matt!

Do you still have the MDF screen?

Cause i am intrested in it. I live in Castleknock, D15.
    I am going to buy a projector for my Xbox 360 and it´s going to be the Hitachi TX-200.
    Got a look at this post that you´re giving away a screen, perfect timing. :)

Do you know about a shop near, that has this projector i want.

Nedhmo wrote:
    Do you know about a shop near, that has this projector i want.
    I wouldn't buy a projector in Ireland. You would be looking at huge saving buying them online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Nedhmo

Yes, i know.
    Just wanted to see if there is any good places here, that has them up for demo. I am going to buy it from pixmania.com.

Best Regards
    /Johan

Harvey Normans in Swords had a few projectors set up for demo. Last time I was there (over a year ago) and downstairs in Peats they have one setup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement