Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanseatic Gun Club Hamburg

Options
  • 25-08-2006 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    After reading the Hilltop gun club thread,let me tell you about a club I was in In Hamburg day before yesterday. The Hanseatic gun club.It is in the middle of Hamburgs busisness district.You would think the outside was an upmarket office.They cater to the pistol and practical rifle,shotgun pistol shooter.It is clean,well run,efficent, friendly and knowledgeable,my instructor was a former sales rep for Glock and now is a rep for HK,and has his own armed bodygaurd company in Hamburg.He was the firearms instructor for the new girl[cant pronounce or spell her name]who is the sucessor to Angelina Joulie in the Tomb raider seris,

He had my fiancee shooting a glock 9mm extremly well within 20 mins of instruction,and she had only ever fired a handgun a glock 9mm about 14 years ago.So well,she was putting them in the 9 ring within an hour,and I was impersonating a shotgun with a 40 S&W Nowlin Avenger 1911 model in the next booth.:( .[Not having my contact lens in is my excuse:eek: ]
    No big deal for them to import for me my glock,MAK 90 and 18in Mossberg pump shotgun,once I am a club member and to get my german waffenbesitzkarte or gun permit.Cost 600Euros PA[pay 50Euros per month Bank DD]
    Plenty of differnt pistols to try from 9mm up to 50 AE desert Eagle.[They just cant get ammo for it at the moment] Shotguns,and a few semi autos.
    So try before you buy is no problem.
    I spent an hour shooting and an hour talking to him,which he didnt charge me for,which he could have as well,but didnt.I thought I knew the Glock well??.Haha!!

Lads& ladies,
    I just couldnt be arsed anymore trying to import or liscense anything more here anymore.:( :(

Why bust ones balls dealing with;
    corrupt ,lazy and incompetant local mini Hitlers[aka superintendants] who demand of the law abiding ridicilious requirements for saftey of their firearms,private personal details of your medical conditions,etc,then move the goal posts the year after to suit their own whims?Demand totally unreasonable security conditions disproportinate to the guns stored.Or dont even have the courtsey ,as paid with our taxes civil servants to answer written quiries from even your lawyers??
    Or take decisions over two years to grant a firearms cert???
    A debacle of gun laws,put together by politicans who dont know the first thing about them and then ignore any recommendations by people that do know somthing about them??

OK German gun law is tough too,BUT once you do what is required,you are issued with at once.AND you have it for life and it is you that is liscensed not the guns!!!

Pay 600 euros,upfront mostly to be dealt with grumpily and surly as some folks here have reported in the Hilltop thread with [and I can assure them that seems to be the norm in Irish biz life these days].
    Squelch in a pair of wellies out with everyone from the shooting line across a mucky field to retrive your targets and return them to a wooden butt, in the pouring rain because no one has put in automatic target retrivel systems,because[a] they have never heard of themare too short of cash or are too tight or cant improvise out of junk a system[c] some edjits are shooting up the mechanisms?? Folks that went out on the continent and the US in the 90s.The 1890s that is.:eek: And we are supposedly "the best" in everything these days,with our Celtic Tiger economy etc?
    Deal with some people in the gun sellin busisness ,whose attitude seems to be,"yeah!It's a gun!Are you buying it now???"Or charge almost double it's current market price for second hand stuff.

Or would I rather;
    Drive to Dublin:( get a Ryan air flight for 20 to100 Euros to Hamburg,depending and time & season.Spend appx 150/300 Euros for a three star hotel for a weekend.Walk down to a firing range in normal street clothes,collect my guns that have been well looked after, and stored.Buy any ammo at discount club prices,shoot for the whole day.Be able to try different guns without any hassle.Be able to get my guns tuned,customised or repaired by a myriad of custom gunsmiths,that are qualified to do the job in the country at reasonable prices,and not have to worry that I will get a butcherd gun back???

Be able to own and shoot various different semi auto rifles without hassle,and not worry about a Super saying "Idonlikdelookodat so youse isnt gettin a liscense fo it!"

Be able to sit & relax in nice surroundings,not freeze my ass off outside at a chipper van in a field,if I am lucky???

Be able then to go out for a night on the town with 100 Euros eat and drink well,and go back shooting the following day again,without breaking the bank???
    Know that I am shooting in a part of Germany that was rated by the shooting organisations with the most liberal and most cooperative police/local govt liscensing dept,in a very strict country??Average time and turnaround decisions is FOUR days!!Also that when I have done the requirements I will be issued as a matter of course,that all my test/exam results are open to scrutiny by me,and I can appeal them if not satisified??

I see there are two Irish names there competing in practical pistol,along with UK,Swedes,Swiss,Germans,Serbs,Croats,etc.And I will be looking forward to joining them.Maybe someday we will meet there.
    www.hanseatic-gun-club.de

Comments

Theres a new tomb raider coming out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

Why bust ones balls dealing with;
    corrupt ,lazy and incompetant local mini Hitlers[aka superintendants] who demand of the law abiding ridicilious requirements for saftey of their firearms,private personal details of your medical conditions,etc,then move the goal posts the year after to suit their own whims?Demand totally unreasonable security conditions disproportinate to the guns stored.Or dont even have the courtsey ,as paid with our taxes civil servants to answer written quiries from even your lawyers??
    Or take decisions over two years to grant a firearms cert???
    A debacle of gun laws,put together by politicans who dont know the first thing about them and then ignore any recommendations by people that do know somthing about them??

Brilliant! You shoukd have Joe Duffy read that out, he seems to have more power than some government ministers of this country.

There is no reason, especially in the money grabbing society we live, that a similar shooting club could be set up here. If I win the EuroMillions I'll build one and membership will be free, I won't act like a gruff mountain man and anything you want to shoot you can shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No reason you can't have good-looking well-run clubs here. The gardai's requirements, well, that's outside the hands of us plebs :rolleyes:, but the clubs at least we have. Examples:
    Comber:
    normal_Comber_2.jpg

normal_Comber_1.jpg
    (Comber also has other indoor ranges in the town itself)

East Antrim:
    Picture31.jpg
    (Also has an indoor 25m range and an outdoor 50m range all in the one building)

Wilkinstown:
    normal_DSCF1208.JPG

The new RRPC range (if it's ever built) should match both of these.
    Midlands is a pretty decent facility, if not located in the heart of Dublin, but that's more because target shooting here took a lot of knocks in the past few decades and clubs closed down and now that they're reopening, land prices have skyrocketed so they get pushed out to where land is cheap.
    There are other N.Ireland ranges I've not been to so I don't have photos, but I hear they're as well cared for.

So there's no reason we can't do it here because we already do it here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FlyOver

trap1.jpg

Range3.jpg

RifleRange_1.jpg

DB%20Cattle%20shed.JPG

What venue would you pay to shoot in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

excellent post CG. I am extremely jealous to be honest.

Us shooters west of the shannon have nothing. I would love to know how financially viable a shooting range is as a business as my best friend inherited a farm and money in county Limerick. I would like to be able to tell him "Build a range, its a good investment"

ah well maybe in another 20 years i'll be able to go to a range in Clare or Limerick.

The midlands club is just too far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

The new RRPC range (if it's ever built) should match both of these.
    Midlands is a pretty decent facility, if not located in the heart of Dublin, but that's more because target shooting here took a lot of knocks in the past few decades and clubs closed down and now that they're reopening, land prices have skyrocketed so they get pushed out to where land is cheap.
    There are other N.Ireland ranges I've not been to so I don't have photos, but I hear they're as well cared for.

So there's no reason we can't do it here because we already do it here

Indeed they are lovely ranges Sparks,only trouble bar Walkinstown,ASFIK they are in Northern Ireland!!!!Which wether we like it or not belongs to Liz and co domains and dominions:rolleyes: .AS far as I am concerned that is a different country,where unfortuneatly everything is in better shape than down here.:eek: [Que rabid republican posts and flames:( ]
    It is just an unpleasent fact,we let ourselves be sold on third best,and consider ourselves lucky to have it at an ernormous price.
    Midlands,
    to point a critique ,despite it claiming to be the biggest club in Ireland and having INMO a hefty annual membership fee,looks like a collection of portakabins out in the bogland!
    Now to be fair to Midland I DO realise that they are leasing from Bord na Mona and that proably to build anything permanent in a bog is difficult,but lads the pistol range looks like it was built in a tempoary silage pit!!!I mean surely it isnt that much of an engineering feat to dump in a few tons of chopped slate and gravel and sand,and build some paths out to the butts,so that one isnt squelching thru bog to retrive ones targets???Or failing that to rig up out of junk washing machine motors and line etc a target retriveal system???Hell, even a hand crank system???Thing is,we are paying a ****eload of money nowadays for our sport and guns,and I feel we are getting very little in value in return all along the line,sooner we all wake up to this,the sooner we will start getting better deals and facilities.
    Now some might be saying ,if we all did this all shooting shops,clubs etc will go under and we wont have anything here.
    SO????? You are in busisness,as I am and you must be competitive.Your competition is now the World via the internet.Gone are the days here that you could sit here with a Hobsons choice attitude to busisness in Ireland.
    This is a "tiger"ecnomoy those that dont move get eaten.This goes for gun shops and gun clubs as any other busisness.What are you going to give me for my 600 quid [upfront]??A grumpy face,a barn,a mucky field,a skanky kettle and chipped mugs and feck off an dont be botherin me attitude?

Or are you going to say look,I cant make a very quick profit here,but if I build it,invest time and money and try to run this as a busisness, and make this as attractive as possible to the punters.I will get somplace,even if it is only a silage pit and a caravan that I have here. Cast your bread upon the waters and it will return manyfold is actually a good busisness adage.

Veg
    To answer your question about a range in Limerick.
    I would love to say,if he builds it they will come.Oh they will come all right.The Gardai,the local NIMBY's,and sensationalist press,the planning dept[thank God you are not in Clare],the revenue,the dept of enviroment,An taisce, the local gurriers and heads and politicans,and proably the partridge in the pear tree as well.Once he has satisfied all that lot:rolleyes: next is get the money together,convince the local bank manager by putting up the deeds to the property to finance the range etc.He needs to sit down and do a hell of alot of paperwork,before the first Sod is turned,much less the first bullet is fired.BUT if it is done right and he is a shrewd busisness man and belives in what he is doing,and doesnt expect a quick euro right away,plus offers somthing that the others dont have.Yes,he will have a gold mine,as one thing he has that is vital ,location,location,location.

Theres a new tomb raider coming out?

Must be,Angelina Jolie is out of it and this one,I personally think looks more like Lara Croft,[has a more angular face,and build more like LC].She has changed the Walthers and now is using the new HKs.Damn if I can remember her name tho:(

Flyover,
    I would allow Saint Joe to quote that ,if he wasnt so damn anti gun.:(

Vegeta wrote:
    Us shooters west of the shannon have nothing.
    There's two clubs in Kerry, the KTSC and the new club in Castlemaine which has sunk a *lot* of money into it's facilities and was due to open on the 20th this month. Not sure how that's going, I've been out of the loop for a week or three.

I'd suggest setting up your own club but with the new Firearms Act, that's gotten a tad harder. Airgun ranges might be much easier to start with and when the club's developed, expand to cartridge firearms, but it seems airguns suffer from a case of being thought of as "toy guns" these days.

Indeed they are lovely ranges Sparks,only trouble bar Walkinstown,ASFIK they are in Northern Ireland!
    RRPC is in Wicklow, Midlands is in Offaly, the new range in castlemaine is in Kerry (haven't seen it but given how much was sunk into it and who's running it, I have high hopes).
    Midlands,
    to point a critique ,despite it claiming to be the biggest club in Ireland and having INMO a hefty annual membership fee,looks like a collection of portakabins out in the bogland!
    To be fair, they don't really. Timber-framed, yes. Portakabins, no.
    Thing is,we are paying a ****eload of money nowadays for our sport and guns,and I feel we are getting very little in value in return all along the line,sooner we all wake up to this,the sooner we will start getting better deals and facilities.
    A common sentiment, and one I agree with - and it's endemic to Irish life these days it seems, not just Irish shooting...
    What are you going to give me for my 600 quid [upfront]??A grumpy face,a barn,a mucky field,a skanky kettle and chipped mugs and feck off an dont be botherin me attitude? Or are you going to say look,I cant make a very quick profit here,but if I build it,invest time and money and try to run this as a busisness, and make this as attractive as possible to the punters.I will get somplace,even if it is only a silage pit and a caravan that I have here.
    To be honest, while I think that's fairly accurate, you're not going to make millions in this business in this country. If people want to make loads of money in the firearms trade, this is not the country to do it in. And if you're not in it for the money, well, then it makes even less sense to be acting like we should be grateful that there are facilities at all, rather then trying to be an actual service industry.
    Yes,he will have a gold mine,as one thing he has that is vital ,location,location,location.
    No, he won't. He'd have a range that pays it's own way, if he's lucky. You see why on the ranges these days - lads who spend thousands on the top-of-the-line kit, only to destroy it in their first day because they wouldn't spend any time on the club to learn what to do or how to do it. And that leads to clubs blaming shooters for stuff that isn't done because "they won't even bother turning up". The number of times I've heard good ideas shot down in associations on the grounds that the shooters wouldn't engage with them when implementation of those ideas rolled around... well, it'd break your heart if you loved the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

Hi Clare

I would be grateful if you could let me have the details of this place, email, phone number, address. Whatever you have. Also can they speak english? What paper work do I need to use a rented gun??
    Thanks

• Advertisement

What does this stand for???

Rathdrum Rifle and Pistol Club.

flight93 wrote:
    Hi Clare

I would be grateful if you could let me have the details of this place, email, phone number, address. Whatever you have. Also can they speak english? What paper work do I need to use a rented gun??
    Thanks

www.hanseatic-gun-club.de
    info@hanseatic-gun-club.de
    tel 0049 40 28 05 96 94
    Raboisen 30, 20095 Hamburg
    open Mon/Fri 11/22 hrs

Yes they speak English.Ask for Michael Schutz.
    To use a rented gun just book a shooting programme by phone or just walk in and show up with your drivers lic or passport.

thanks Clare. It sounds great!

Sparks wrote:
    Rathdrum Rifle and Pistol Club.

I thought you meant Roundwood Rifle and Pistol Club.

Advertisement