Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Social Policy and Criminology

• 25-08-2006 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I'm considering undertaking a Masters in Social Policy and Criminology with Open University. Realistically, is it worth the high cost and what kind of employment prospects would it bring. I don't want to undertake a pointless distance learning course. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think you're asking a couple of different questions:

Is it worth the high cost?: Well, only you can answer that, realistically. In terms of affordability, no one will deny that OU fees in Ireland are steep.

I'd contact the OU and ask them about career prospects: they have careers advisors who should be able to point you in appropriate directions, but personally I'd be doing a lot more research to find out what I could do, and why I want to do it before even considering a course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Thanks for the tips. The high cost is pretty off putting to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

On the flip side, the support and teaching are second to none. It's very good quality

Advertisement