Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I would never dream of doing this....

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

daymobrew wrote:
    Such regulations do not apply to a vehicle being used by a member of the Garda Síochána in performance of the duties of that member.
    Does this include the purchasing of breakfast rolls? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

kbannon wrote:
    Does this include the purchasing of breakfast rolls? :D
    If they are for the boss, yes.

Around 1990 I worked in the WestLink toll booths (great pay for a part timer). Gardai, even off duty, were allowed through for free. I think the logic was that they were duty bound to become active if they saw something that needed immediate Garda attention. We asked the Gardai to show their badge as proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

when will we learn
    they don't give a f@ck about joe public...special needs or not.
    they are civil servants trying to get away with doing as little in their working life as possible....and that includes walking anywhere.

the public are only a hindrance to their quest of getting through their working life with out doing anything...

I'm surprised it took you so long to jump on the bandwagon. What took you so long? There is so much to say but I'll only get banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

rondeco wrote:
    I'm surprised it took you so long to jump on the bandwagon. What took you so long? There is so much to say but I'll only get banned.
    Wear your badge with pride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Wickedcat

[HTML]Wear your badge with pride![/HTML]

bagde could make your head grow big and rob your brain out! just like the foto...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

It is definitely illegal to park in a disabled spot:

http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/fixed_charge.html

Even if it wasn't, the Garda, rightly or wrongly, are widely disrespected in this country. They need to start acting like Garda and winning back the respect of the people they are here to serve.

As much as I want to support the Garda, I have unfortunately had many more bad run in's with them than good so I don't know if the chip on my shoulder will ever be repaired.
    At least when all the vigilantes, I mean Garda reserves, come on to the scene everything should get better! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Conar wrote:
    It is definitely illegal to park in a disabled spot:

http://www.drivingschoolireland.com/fixed_charge.html

Even if it wasn't, the Garda, rightly or wrongly, are widely disrespected in this country. They need to start acting like Garda and winning back the respect of the people they are here to serve.

As much as I want to support the Garda, I have unfortunately had many more bad run in's with them than good so I don't know if the chip on my shoulder will ever be repaired.
    At least when all the vigilantes, I mean Garda reserves, come on to the scene everything should get better! :rolleyes:

Hopefully, but where will the whingers go then? If this sort of stuff is taxing your minds why not seek out a more worthy cause or do something more productive?

All this moaning about a Garda car here blah de blah. Are you all the perfect citizens? Most probably typical Joe Public, not really interested in most things apart form self, but could be a lot more tolerant, a lot more informed, more aware and more considerate. As drivers a significant number have never sat a driving test, a lot do not possess a Full Driving License despite a number of attempts. But consider themselves Driving experts, most fundamentally not bad, leave car engine running at petrol station and when on the open road throws cig butts out car window.
    Roll on the Reservists and cull those that have been screwing for too long!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Hopefully, but where will the whingers go then? If this sort of stuff is taxing your minds why not seek out a more worthy cause or do something more productive?

All this moaning about a Garda car here blah de blah. Are you all the perfect citizens? Most probably typical Joe Public, not really interested in most things apart form self, but could be a lot more tolerant, a lot more informed, more aware and more considerate. As drivers a significant number have never sat a driving test, a lot do not possess a Full Driving License despite a number of attempts. But consider themselves Driving experts, most fundamentally not bad, leave car engine running at petrol station and when on the open road throws cig butts out car window.
    Roll on the Reservists and cull those that have been screwing for too long!!

Like it or not people in positions of responsibility need to act.....what was that word......oh yes, responsibly.

I'm not saying that all members of the public are saints and that all Garda are sinners, but the Garda need to be a respected organisation whereas the public can be as indifferent as they like within the boundaries of the law.

As for your comments about petrol stations and littering, I think you're drifting off topic so I won't bother responding to that portion of your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Wickedcat wrote:
    [HTML]Wear your badge with pride![/HTML]

bagde could make your head grow big and rob your brain out! just like the foto...:mad:

isn't that a fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

and when on the open road throws cig butts out car window.
    e125 fine for this. Report them to the Environment section of the local county/town council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Sonnen, people who complain about Gards doing things that are wrong are not whingers.

I posted the pic up on the site and said what happened, this is not whinging, this is pointing out someone with responsibility doing wrong.

The Gards do good work also, maybe you will get further pointing out this rather than calling people that point out obvious wrongdoing silly names.

Plenty of people here abide by the law, don't litter, have full licences, don't leave the car running in petrol stations and would never ever park in a special needs car park. They would consider it a bad thing to do and would not think "whinging" would be the right word to use when showing dismay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

rondeco wrote:

I'm surprised it took you so long to defend this carry on....

oh your not!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I'm surprised it took you so long to defend this carry on....

oh your not!!!!

Correct. I dont know enough details to defend or criticise. Two sides to every story. But you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

...oh!tell it to the police..:D

Advertisement