Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin restaurants

• 25-08-2006 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

First off, apologies if this is in the wrong place. I just thought it was the most relavent forum for my question!
    My girlfriend is coming home from America soon and the day after she arrives home is our anniversary so i want to treat her to a nice romantic meal!
    The problem is i don't know Dublin that well and havn't a clue of any good restaurants.
    Do any of you food lovers know of a suitable restaurant?
    I'd be prepared to pay 100 euro for the both of us to eat(big spender i know!)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

This is a lovely restaurant, though the budget may not stretch to it:
    http://chapteronerestaurant.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pkeno

Thanks spurious, the pre theatre menu looks good there, €32.50 for three course meal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not an 'eat there every day' restaurant, but it is lovely.
    Very good reviews, lovely food. Just right for a special occasion I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Siam Thai
    Andrew Street,
    Dublin 2.
    Tel: +353 (1) 6773363

this place is the BIZ.

Great food great service and if you don't get a whole bottle of wine the €100 euro shoul dsee you for 3 courses each.

really really good food, have recommened to place to loads , all very happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Mint in Ranelagh is one of my favourite Dublin Restaurants it is pricey but the food is unbelievable. They also have a massive wine list and the service is the best I have ever expierienced.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Like mentioned above, if you like thai food then Chilli Banana in Drumcondra is the bees knees.

A tad expensive for outta town (€25-€30 for mains) but is without a doubt the best Thai food I have ever eaten.

€100 will get you both mains and a few drinks. Well worth it as thats all I ever have there as you will be pretty full after the mains alone and I've yet to be charged more than €100 there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 pajos55

What about L'Gueuleton on Fade Stree - really nice food, not too pricey at all. Romantic too (being French 'n all...)

The only gripe i would have is you can't book but for 2 of you the wait shouldn't be too bad, you might just have to go away and have a drink and come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Da Vincenzo's on Lesson street is nice for a romantic restaurant... as long as you're seated downstairs.

And El Bahia is a really great Moroccan restaurant with a nice atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

if you are willing to eat early say from 6.30 - 8.30 chapter one have a pre thatre and with wine you will bebale to eat for 100e

http://chapteronerestaurant.com/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Nicos on Dame street if you enjoy Italian, it is wonderfuil.

Fans on Dame Street for Chinese.

Baan Thai in Ballsbridge

Jewel in the crown in ballsbride or dunno the name of it but there is a nice one near break for the border opposite the hideout too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Geordie_Girl

Da Enzo on Fairview Strand is a lovely little place if you like Italian.

Quite small and very well priced. Me and my other half (Blub2k4) went there about 2 years ago and I think we spent about €70 on 3 courses and wine. (I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong). Prices might have changed slightly but I'm sure they'll still be well within your €100.

They also have some really nice little touches like a small complimentary serving of sorbet between starter and main course to clean your pallet. Small things like that can make it really nice, tbh I've been to far more expensive restaurants and not had the service we got there.

Definitely recommended, I'd love to go again but it's a bit out of our way these days.

Advertisement