Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A New League Starting 9/10

• 25-08-2006 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

i have picked a team , well only one superstar, the rated R superstar.

my team is called ----the great equalizer returns

i have created a league, its called
    boards.ie 3rd league

password, not sure which one it is, long story, its one of these
    champfozzy
    or
    fozzyischam

when you join please tell the rest of us your team name.
    good luck to everyone.
    i won the 1st league, fozzy won the 2nd. if i was a betting man i would bet on vince this time. although fozzy won this league after week 4. i hope this league goes down to the wire like the first.
    p.s. lita, support your assets a bit better. your team was bouncing up and down all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 liverpoolkev

What website is it, would be intrested in doing this read up a lot on the last one. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

hey trips, i'm having trouble joining, either the passwords are wrong or somebody needs to invite me to join! any help is appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

yeah. linky please. i would like to join this one.

also, is the date the 9th of october or did you use the american date system? (september 10)
    if you used the american system, please change it. i'm easily confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

its starts on the 9th of october.
    go to wwe.com
    on left side of screen, near bottom you will see fantasy league. click.
    if you are new, click sign up. if you are old your old password will do, but you have to pick a new team for the new league.
    if you are new you will be asked to fill out a form. then you pick your team.
    no need to pick a full team yet, its too early. i only have picked one superstar so far. i will explain, some day in a message about picking teams.
    when your team is picked, you will see on the left side of screen, (scroll down a little bit) create/ join league. click
    you want to join
    boards.ie 3rd league

oh, to confirm you are in the league and to check your progress every week, every time you open up your team page click league rankings (left side of screen) to see the league you are in.
    i went to wwe and i just noticed i made this league private by mistake. if this causes trouble then we will create a new one. i was trying to unprivate it and make it public, no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Neither password worked for me.

ok thanks vince. i will create a new league. back in 2 minutes

OK I HAVE MADE A NEW LEAGUE>
    boards.ie 3rd league
    this time i pressed public instead of private.

who owns reganio rebels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

eye of the chicken for me this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

right. i'm in. Terryodo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've just joined up. Hopefully I can start this one as well as the last one! Are you sure you signed up b0bsquish? Don't see your team there

Just noticed they changed some of the salaries. Punk, Finlay and Edge are all gone up in price, only ones I can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I'm in. HorseradishMania :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Rite, i'm in.......Team is "D-XXX"!

so far
    team vin
    vince
    terryodo
    julep
    reganio rebels
    ????????????
    the great equalizer returns
    me
    D-xxx
    minto
    fozzstars
    fozzy
    horse radish mania
    horse radish

when he joins
    eye of the chicken
    bob squish

I am trying to join but it keeps saying only one team per user and I have never registered a team???

liverpoolkev, you must have registered a team then. are you regino rebels.

i remember a two years ago. i registered a few teams (this was before we started a league) i was playing with myself at that time. i asked every member of my family could i use their e-mail address, and they all said yes. but its not worth it. its hard to watch and mind one team never mind a few.
    of course i could do the same again in this league, but that is not been a sports man and one team in a league fighting others is way more fun.
    after writing this message, it just struck me does someone in this league own two teams.

liverpoolkevin. log into wwe and type in your e-mail address and password if you can remember it.
    or go to your e-mail inbox or junk mail folders and see do you have a message from wwe. in that message it will tell you your team name and password.

No I don't own reganio rebles will see about using different email address. Was Reganio banned for something or other on the sales forum I remember seeing his name:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭daz42C

(wrong thread)

• Advertisement

who owns
    the devilship
    the owner of this team (also) in the last league did not own up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

I own The Devilship

welcome xylophonic, you joined us late in the last league. you were doing ok for someone that came in late.
    i also see bobsquish has joined.
    who owns reganio rebels??????????????
    no sign of liverpoolkevin to join yet.
    FOZZY i am going to spain next monday for a week, will you please look after this thread for that week
    you know, give out to people that forget to tell us their team name
    haunt the owner of reganio rebels
    and help new people----

Haha, ok. Looks like it'll be harder this season

thanks fozzy. i just came in here so i could keep this message near the top of the page.
    a few people still might want to join and will forget if they see ne thread. lita did not join yet.
    who owns
    reganio rebels
    starts october 9th and goes on for 10 weeks. that brings us up to christmas
    scarey

Right, so far we've got

D-XXX - minto
    Eye Of The Chicken - bob squish
    Fozzstars - Me
    HorseRadishMania - horse radish
    Reganio Rebels - Reganio?
    Team Vin - vince
    Terryodo - julep
    The Devilship - Xylophonic
    the great equalizer returns - triple h

That's 9 teams. Plenty more room for anyone who wants to join. If anyone else is thinking about it, it's easy enough. triple h has already said how to join our league, it's fully explained on the WWE Fantasy site aswell. To take part doesn't take up much time. All you have to do is pick a team you think will score the most points each week. The deadline to pick your team each week is midnight Sunday. All the rules are on the site, right here. You've got another month to sign up, and it ends with Armageddon in December. If Reganio is reading this, but he's banned or whatever it is, feel free to take part!

Still only 9 teams! Anyone else wanna sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

XXX-Treme are back for another go:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Sorry lads I was banned and never had a chance to post. I own reganio rebels. Apologies to Fozzy and Triple H for the hassle. Please don't abuse me I just want to be loved:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm the shagnastiis
    !

Good luck 2 all

great 11 teams so far, any moe people want to join.
    lita has not shown her assets yet.

COME ON PEOPLE,
    here is a little history of the past two leagues, this might get you boiling.
    season 1--(15 teams)........................season 2---(11 teams)
    winner---triple h...............................winner----fozzy
    2nd----d-fens...................................2nd
    vince
    3rd
    vince.....................................3rd
    jongore
    4th
    fozzy.....................................4th
    triple h
    5th---(team rocco siffredi)......................5th
    bob squish

so people did you notice fozzy, vince and myself (triple h) always end up in the top 4. can anyone stop us. this is a my prediction---vince to win, but dont let that stop you from joining. 11 teams so far.

Just a question do you pick who you want every week or is it you pick let's say 4 people for a year?? Looking forward to it will not win though don't know enough about who is wrestling the next week and don't read the online sites. any good website that tells you who is wrestling the next week?.

ok, you have $30 million to spend on a team. you pick your team and hope all your wrestlers show up on tv (raw, ecw or SD). your aim to score as many points all possible (which is out of your control cause you dont know for certain they will be on tv, you dont know for certain if they will have a match and you dont know for certain if they will win)
    the next week (any week) you can can change your team, you have 30 million every week. your team could look different every week.

the best way to know what is going to happen next week is to watch the shows, for example the masterpiece might come out of nowhere and beat up lets say orton, then you say to yourself 'jasus that could be a match next week'. OR teddy long might say next week its king booker V vito and you say to yourself ' you know i might pick one of those guys (or 2)'
    I do not go to any other sites to get wrestling news. i get all my info in here or at wwe.com. for example Vince (most times, i find) might have a message in the boards here saying something like ortan has an injury. then you know not to pick him.
    your window for picking/ changing your team every week is when smack down results are posted on saturday and 11:59 midnight monday (7pm american time)
    once 7pm american time comes you are stuck with your team all week. cross your fingers and hope you picked a good team. and change your team sat evening, all day sunday or monday.
    i have often picked a team on sat afternoon and come along on sunday morning and change it agian. then i add some final tweeks to it monday evening.

that was a very good question reganio 2 asked.
    there is no such thing as a stupid question. ask.
    as i said myself fozzy and vince have done very well in the last two leagues (thats no fluke, i hope) ask us questions. jongore and bob squish found their feet in the last league they will also be a factor in the third league.
    i would love to see someone in boards. ie beating everyone else in the world. we can only do that if we are all good and push each other.
    ask any question, even if you think its stupid, ask.

• Advertisement

Cheers triple h.

just want to keep this thread at the top of the page so people wont forget. two weeks left people. this is your last chance to join, when this thread is gone from the main page, its gone, i will not bring it up to the top again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Im in for the craic. The Topdawgs. Got me batista , carlito,edge, gregory helms,hardcore holly, jeff hardy, jillian, mr kennedy, sylvester terkay, and vito. A ragtag bunch if ever there was but feck it, give it a lash see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ive entered a team - bad gimmicks. Is there a code to enter this particular private league or what?

good man TOPDAWG.
    and great gimmick is going to join too.
    gimmick, on your team page , left hand side somewhere you will see creat/join league. click
    type
    boards.ie 3rd league
    you better go to the very first message of this thread and it will tell you all. you may not need the password.

• Advertisement

atholl45 wrote:
    I'm sorry to break it to ye lads but wrestling is fake and frankly a bit gay aswell.
    SO...
    Dont visit this forum then........Simple
    Why is it uncool to like wrestling:confused: if you don't like it post in another forum other than wrestling.

1 Bad Gimmicks--gimmick
    2 D-XXX
    minto
    3 Eye Of The Chicken--bob squish
    4 Fozzstars
    fozzy
    5 HorseRadishMania---horseradish
    6 Reganio Rebels
    reganio 2
    7 Team Vin
    vince
    8 Terryodo
    julep
    9 The Devilship
    xylophonic
    10 the great equalizer returns---triple h
    11 The Shagnastii's
    shagnastii
    12 The Topdawgs!!
    topdawg
    13 XXX-Treme
    jongore

ok people, thats how our season 3 league lokks like so far.

triple h wrote:
    1 Bad Gimmicks--gimmick
    2 D-XXX
    minto
    3 Eye Of The Chicken--bob squish
    4 Fozzstars
    fozzy
    5 HorseRadishMania---horseradish
    6 Reganio Rebels
    reganio 2
    7 Team Vin
    vince
    8 Terryodo
    julep
    9 The Devilship
    xylophonic
    10 the great equalizer returns---triple h
    11 The Shagnastii's
    shagnastii
    12 The Topdawgs!!
    topdawg
    13 XXX-Treme
    jongore

ok people, thats how our season 3 league lokks like so far.
    I will be happy if I finish 6th:D .

come on reganio 2, you should want to win. go to bed tonight and keep saying over and over and over until you fall asleep "i am going to win the league"
    imagine this is going to make the next 10 weeks fly. the new champ will be crowned a week before christmas.
    starts next monday people --monday 9th of october.
    we have 13 so far. a nice number. but more are still welcomed.

to reganio 2 and the rest, try and stop fozzy, vince and myself finishing in the top 4, like we always do. if we do i hope ye dont lose interest when the next league start. win win win win.

team number 14 joined today. team----Deadly Double Aliance----now we just need to know who owns it.

What time do they show ECW on sky sports at gonna have to watch it to see who looks good. By the way would you get the same amount of points for Eugene beating a nobody as you would for Umaga beating Kane.

I'm pumped up after your speech :)

Television (RAW/SmackDown/ECW) Appearance (+3)
    Television (RAW/SmackDown/ECW) Match (+5)
    Television (RAW/SmackDown/ECW) Win (+7)
    Pay Per View Appearance (+5)
    Pay Per View Match (+8)
    Pay Per View Win (+12)
    All Shows: Win a Championship (+20)
    All Shows: Retain a Championship (+8)
    All Shows: Participation in a Specialty Match (+3)
    All Shows: Winning a Specialty Match (+5)
    All Shows: Eliminating an Opponent (+2)
    All Shows: Executed/Locked-in Signature Move (+1)
    All Shows: Signature Move victory (+4)
    All Shows: Signature Move Escape (+3)
    All Shows: Foreign Object Shot (+3)
    All Shows: Final Match (+3)
    All Shows: Disqualification (-4)
    All Shows: Suspension (-10)
    thats how the scoring goes.

it depends how long a match went on for. if cena went down to the ring and won his match in 20 secounds he would not score as much as lets say if kane won and his match and the match lasted much longer. also you have to take belts into account.
    sky sports show the ecw a number of times i will find out later for you as i cant remember. but it is nearly allways 11 at night, i think.

OK Cheers for that I'm looking forward to this now.

triple h wrote:
    it depends how long a match went on for. if cena went down to the ring and won his match in 20 secounds he would not score as much as lets say if kane won and his match and the match lasted much longer.

That's not completely true. You'd get the same amount of points for both matches, but there'd be more possibility for a higher score in a longer match because there'd be more opportunity for finisher escapes and finisher executions

I haven't watched WWE for the last 2 or 3 months apart from Summerslam, so I might end up givin yous a headstart! Just some points that you mightn't cop onto at first: a specialty match is ANY match that isn't a normal one-on-one or tag match. That includes triple-threat matches, often there's triple-threats for a title, and you can score big in them cos there's generally more than one finisher used aswell. Matches are often announced during the day leading up to Raw, so it can be useful to check it at 10/11/midnight on Monday to make sure at least some of your picks will get some points. And ppv's score big! So it's usually best to only pick people who'll be on ppv during one of those weeks, even if it's a Raw or SD only ppv

Anymore and I'll be puttin my title at risk!

yeah its all true what fozzy said.
    anyway reganio 2---- ecw seems to be on sky sports thurs, saturday and monday nights around the 11 o clock time.
    last season i would only pick one or two ecw guys each week and guess what i never watched ecw. but i admit i was lucky with my ecw picks. i only picked RVD, big show, sabu, dreamer or sandman most weeks. i was lucky.
    one week i did watch esw and i reckoned after watching it that it would be a good idea to pick richard stevens. so much for that good idea, it was a bad pick and after that i reckoned watching ecw was a bad idea seeing as i was doing so well with ecw scores without watching it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement