Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men's Body Sprays

• 25-08-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I think this might be the best place to ask about this.

My brother and I share a flat. He loves his Lynx body spray and deodarant - but I am allergic. Even him coming into the room after spraying it 2 rooms away makes my asthma play up badly.

He's up for changing (yay my nice brother) so can any guys recommend something he can use instead? He works in bars so needs something pretty strong and effective.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

A roll-on deodorant may be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Really, I'm looking for anyone who has experience of sprays that don't aggrevate allergies so much.
    I think the chemical that triggers it is called asis, but I can't find anything on the web, other than calls to ban it from certain places like schools and hospitals.
    Apparently it's as common a trigger as secondhand smoke for asthma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Try a pump spray as opposed to a pressurised can.

I often use (I like to swap about so I don't smell the same) Clinique Happy, you need to give it a quick shake before you spay it on as the alcohal seems to settle.

Ingredients; Alcohol Denat, Clinigue Happy For Men Fragrance (Parfum), Triclosan [ILN17698]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Lynx sprays all smell like bananas anyway (well they do to me:D ). They used to have nice ones like Tempest and Java, but the new ones are terrible. I use Sure original for men. It's a roll on (not the icky cream one) and it smells nice and is a really good anti-perspirent).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i didn't realise grown men use lynx ahaha...

But yes, roll on is best imo, sure for men to be exact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

il gatto wrote:
    Lynx sprays all smell like bananas anyway (well they do to me:D ). They used to have nice ones like Tempest and Java, but the new ones are terrible. I use Sure original for men. It's a roll on (not the icky cream one) and it smells nice and is a really good anti-perspirent).
    lynx is indeed horrible, you didn't happen to get a bananna shoved up your nose as a child perhaps? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Toolach

Roll ons are better as they over smells from arm pits.

The pacakaging can be recycled.

Lynx is terrible.

What beats me is that people buy the ads.

"Spray more"?

Cremo wrote:
    lynx is indeed horrible, you didn't happen to get a bananna shoved up your nose as a child perhaps? :D

Yes. But only the one banana. Would that do it, do you think? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Would second Clinique Happy in the pump spray can.

Check out the Hackett range in Boots.

Yes to all who said Lynx is disgusting. But with his job, a strong smell is preferrable over sweat so he's put up with it.

Thanks to eveyrone who's recommened stuff. Shall give it a go!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

erm, lynx does NOT smell good when you sweat, it's completely RANK!!! Roll ons generally smell good regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Bateman wrote:
    Would second Clinique Happy in the pump spray can.

Check out the Hackett range in Boots.

Agreed! This range is really nice, and the women love it. :D

LundiMardi wrote:
    erm, lynx does NOT smell good when you sweat, it's completely RANK!!! Roll ons generally smell good regardless.
    I never said Lynx smelt good did I? I just said it smells strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

A good deodourant will make a person's skin more hostile to the bacteria that causes sweat odour thereby eliminating the odour rather than simply masking it with a (some say) more vile smell. He should try a roll-on like LundiMardi suggested.

Also, he should probably make sure to use a deodourant rather than an anti-perspirant if he's working in a hot environment to avoid heat exhaustion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Yeah, Driclor is great

Is there any shower gels for excessive sweating? Its hard to use Driclor on your back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I would recommend the normal Clinqiue deoderant (grey stick), works great and it's fragarance free which is even better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I bought a can of Lynx last week (in a hurry) and it actualy smells of sweat. It's called "Touch"

There used to be lovely deoderant called insignia olympian (I think) only cheap ****e, but smelled gorgeous (circa 1993)
    14050.jpg
    then they went and changed it.

I loved Insignia Olympian. True to form, it was axed. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Lynx, also known as the squaddie shower !

Advertisement