Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official IRISH XBOX Pro Evo 5 tournament

Options
  • 25-08-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Your chance to show your skill , the tournament kicks off for registration this weekend , 2 dates have been confirmed in Galway and wexford with another 2 , one in dublin and one in limerick to be anounced at the beginning of next week. Konami have teamed up with Xtravision and World gamer live to run the events nationwide - there's a maximum of 256 places at each event so get registered early - its free , no charge to enter whatsoever and best of all the 2 overall winners get to represent Ireland at the european Pro evo championships in october...

Spread the word!this is going to be epic!

http://xtravision.proevorankings.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sounds good, 'cept for the 5 min duration :(

Look forward to the Dublin event:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

There's one in Wexford :O

YUSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

This is XBox only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭WonderBoy9

To be honest thats only a 'place holder time' we are still finalizing the group stage match up - it could go out to 10 minutes per game , but with 256 people it will have to be a tight ship - we will keep you updated on any changes to the event -

Spread the word! and register any way! you can then sign up to the event at at a later date. - we want the best players to come to this, so that we can kick some european ass!

This si Xbox 360 machines only - building on the fact that Microsoft have exclusivity on the next gen title when ti comes out - they'll be some pretty nice prizes for the major finalist!....its well worth giving it a go! each player plays a minimum of 3 matches at the group stage...

• Advertisement

Do you have to sign up on that site or can you just come along on the day?

XBOX:eek: Never played on that before, how about a few PC's with pro evo and the PS2 USB pads and Microsoft as the OS :p Ah nah, I'm sure it'll be ok. Any differences between the XBOX version (will it be 360?) and the rest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

awwww xbox :(

kdjac

I'm going to win the Wexford one.

Watch and learn boys, Watch and learn.

Hey Guys,

You have to sign up on the website....

This is the only way we can monitor numbers and quicken the group selection process.

Otherwise we'd have to sign everone up on the day, then go make groups and then select which numbers to put in each group. - admin nightmare.

you'd better get used to Xbox 360 now as Pro evo 6 will only be coming out on 360! the controls are exactely the same.

Sorry guys , no PC's , no PS2's - Microsoft have been very supportive of the whole gaming community thing and we want to keep them involved as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

WonderBoy9 wrote:

you'd better get used to Xbox 360 now as Pro evo 6 will only be coming out on 360! the controls are exactely the same.

Its coming out on PC PS2 PSP DS on oct 20th, just not coming out on PS3 for a year.

kdjac

Totally understandable, it's cool:)

Is it actually gonna be 6 were playing?

Nah it wont be 6 , its gonna be Pro evo 5 , but the whole promotion will be focused on, and (TBC) we will have some copies of 6 that everyone will get a chance to play etc.

Hey KdgaCL,

Totally correct , shoudl clarify that yes it will out on those formats obviusly but the Next Gen version is the one everyone will be talking about - have to stay progressive...looking to the future etc.

But its an absolutely fair point, and i know the die hard Pro Evo PS2 players will be a little disapointed.But the overall picture here is - You could be recognised properly as the BEST Pro Evo Player - and go onto represent Ireland! how many gamers can say 1 - that they are the official , Konami recognised Irish chmapion and 2. that they have represented their country playing games!, albeit one of the best and most realistic football titles ever.

My little cousin wants to play in the tourny aswell. Does he have to register on the site aswell? he doesn't want to register. Can't I just let you know that there is a person coming with me?

He's only 11. That alright?

sorry mate - registered attendence only - has to register on the website.

there will be NO signing up on the day.

Sorry but them's the rules!!:o

We have to run a tight ship , if we let you bring your cousin along then we have to let everyone bring their cousin, brother , sister , friend , etc along!

this is an OFFICIAL event and will be audited by Konami after the event.we need it to run smoothly

OK but, there is nobody signed up for the wexford tourny. Does that mean that I will be the only one there or what?

Also, can I just put him(my cousin) down as my address and everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

cormie wrote:
    XBOX:eek: Never played on that before, how about a few PC's with pro evo and the PS2 USB pads and Microsoft as the OS :p Ah nah, I'm sure it'll be ok. Any differences between the XBOX version (will it be 360?) and the rest?

There is quite a big difference controller wise, can be very annoying

overall i'd go for the ps2 but the xbox can handle the game a lot better...

Hi Timans ,

just to clarify, we have a couple of media partners that will be promoting the event this week.aswell as heavy promotion in store - there's a lot of time between now and the wexford event so dont worry you wont be alone - i promise you.

WonderBoy9 wrote:
    Hi Timans ,

just to clarify, we have a couple of media partners that will be promoting the event this week.aswell as heavy promotion in store - there's a lot of time between now and the wexford event so dont worry you wont be alone - i promise you.
    Alright, Nice one.

My cousin will be coming aswell and I'm just going to put his name down with all my details as he's only 11, Doesn't have email or anything.

• Advertisement

thats fine about your cousin - the just needs to have his name or gamertag registered so we can monitor numbers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheFrinkulator

will there be prizes for the winners of the limerick,galway,dublin,wexford events or will it just be the major one if u win the national thing

We will have some prizes for then winner on the regional events.but there will be a very very big prize for the overall winner of the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheFrinkulator

i likes the sound of this. is it goin to be online so each person has 1 half on a server or will it be normal vs mode

Normail versus mode guys...there will be 4 players dedicated to an console and screen in the group stages - so A plays B , C plays D then d plays A , C plays B etc etc. - the overall winner of each group goes through to play in the final 16 and has now qualified for the overall Final which will be held in dublin - in microsofts HQ - Trust me guys this will be a lot fo fun and you get to really challenge yourself on one of the best football titles ever made - Of course if you're the overall winner then you will get you name and picture in the national press , Online news and reviews of the event aswell as some cracking prizes and a trophy to show how amazing you are!!!

Please tell everyone guys! we wanna show The guys in the UK that they need to be aware of the excellent standard of gaming in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Any word yet about the dublin qualifier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hynesa

The site says "all 4 regioanl heat evnues being anounced." Is there no Cork qualifier? If no, why the hell not?

hmm, what's the story here, I can log into pesrankings.com but not xtravision.pesrankings.com ??

Hi guys - dublin and Limerick have been confirmed and you can now register on the website for them...

Sorry , about not having one in cork but we are restricted on access to hotels , dates available - there's no event in Athlone either or in Donegal.its just the way things played out - we will extend the competition next year , but for now we need to concentrate on these events - surely Traveling from Cork to Limerick aint that bad?

• Advertisement

Hi Cormie,

The easiest way of getting to the site is to log onto www.xtravision.ie and click on the banner linked to the website.

he most common problem seems to be people typing in - 'www.' - you just need to type http://xtravision.proevorankings.com

Advertisement