Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official IRISH XBOX Pro Evo 5 tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 hynesa

WonderBoy9 wrote:
    Sorry , about not having one in cork but we are restricted on access to hotels , dates available - there's no event in Athlone either or in Donegal.its just the way things played out - we will extend the competition next year , but for now we need to concentrate on these events - surely Traveling from Cork to Limerick aint that bad?

Fair enough, getting to Limerick at 9am on a Sunday (ie. hungover :) ) isn't my idea of fun but sher we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Im goona strom the limerick one its all mine haha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

WonderBoy9 wrote:
    Hi Cormie,

The easiest way of getting to the site is to log onto www.xtravision.ie and click on the banner linked to the website.

he most common problem seems to be people typing in - 'www.' - you just need to type http://xtravision.proevorankings.com

Sorry, I can get to the site fine, I'm a member of proevorankings.com but when I try log in to register on the xtravision. address, it wont let me:confused: Is there seperate membership for each address?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

yes m8 i had the same prob u have to register again on the xtravision one !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Im in there now. gonna run riot. hopefully game time is extended though cause you can win a five minute game with the jammiest of goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭WonderBoy9

we're working on a plan to extend the games, but at the moment it staying at 5 minutes for the prelim. rounds..., if you reach the final 16 of the regional heats the games will be extended to 10 minutes. and the same will feature at the grand final.

Regards,

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

What teams are we using or do we pick ourselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Just signed up for the dublin event - will we get an opportunity to have a few warm up games before the comp starts? ive never played it on an xbox before...

damo wrote:
    Just signed up for the dublin event - will we get an opportunity to have a few warm up games before the comp starts? ive never played it on an xbox before...

I'd like this aswell, as I'm sure will pretty much everyone who doesn't own a 360:) would be nice if we could each get a 5 min match to get used to the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭WonderBoy9

Damo , cormie - just be there on time - if you've registered you'll be able to get on the machines straight away...have about 20 minutes of practice time.

the controls are pretty much the same - the last 2 winners of the Galway and limerick regional finals were both PS2 players - and had no trouble getting used to them.

• Advertisement

That's cool.

So my name is down on the list on the site, I just turn up at 9am on the 16th in Dublin and get going? :)

Wonderboy, the Dublin event is on THIS Sunday (The 16th) at 9am, right? My friends thought it was on the 29th of this month and one of them has booked a day off work:rolleyes: If you could just clear it up and confirm it's definitely on this Sunday please:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Dublin's on Saturday isn't it?

I'm pretty sure it is. Just waiting for confirmation:)

Dublin = 16th (Saturday)

Wexford = 17th (Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Anyone know any buses that go near that hotel. How long will it go on for if you are knocked out in the 1st round or if you make it to the final approx.
    Edit. sorry in Dublin. Alexandra I think.

Had a great time at the Dublin one today. Won my group easy enough as did tank top fever. lost the second round match on poxy penalties.

Tank top fever is the Dublin Pro evo champ and he did it in style. 25 yard lob to win the semis and a cracker of a volley in the top corner to win the final.

top 16 which includes myself, got through to the all - ireland on saturday. the winner gets somethin like a HD tv apparently.

I think I'll start using a different team other than Ireland when PES6 comes out. They didn't do me well today. Dodgey xbox controller too. First time using it. My friend was in the Final too, I didn't wait around but I think he got a game voucher for it?

Ah well, there's always the PES6 competition. Who's a good international team besides Ireland? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Brazil, man every game I play today was against someone who picked Brazil...still I got through easy enough to the last 16. Although I was whopped 4-1 by some dude in my last game!

Fusion

Still can't believe I won that!

roll on next week!

• Advertisement

roll on next week!
    Well Done man.

I just played Evad and beat him 3-0 with France. :D

Hopefully I get through tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

roll on next week!

Hey man was I playin you?? 4-1 I lost, Brazil v Brazil

Fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Fusion251 wrote:
    Hey man was I playin you?? 4-1 I lost, Brazil v Brazil

Fusion

Well done Tank. You beat me in the semi. Any decent prize for winning today? Fusion, I think it was you i played in the quarters.

If anyone fancies a few games during the week my gamertag is Dmigsy.

See yis next week.

Just got back from the Wexford one.

There was only 17 in it so one person didn't get through.

My little cousin is only 11 and got through to the final even after me beating him in the groups and bagged himself a game losing 2-1.

Great event, Very well run. I look forward to next week.

god id hate to be that one person.

If anyone fancies a friendly or two before Saturday. I'm up for it.

GT = Timans

Timans wrote:
    If anyone fancies a friendly or two before Saturday. I'm up for it.

GT = Timans

I'd give you a game and a whuppin :D , but as you've probably noticed, internet woes have been keeping me offline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

damnit, real life prevented me from making it along :(

ah well...are there gonna be any more in the future wonderboy? that 32inch tv would look sweet in my sitting room :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Rob Mclean

What a load of crap

You lot had the chance to play in the UK Championships (where you always get battered btw) and none of your guys made it so you get your own little thing. The only good thing i like about this is it will give us two easy players at the European finals!!

But this is a joke you lot are getting 2 spaces at the European Finals given to you on a plate.

• Advertisement

Rob Mclean wrote:
    What a load of crap

You lot had the chance to play in the UK Championships (where you always get battered btw) and none of your guys made it so you get your own little thing. The only good thing i like about this is it will give us two easy players at the European finals!!

But this is a joke you lot are getting 2 spaces at the European Finals given to you on a plate.
    it's not easy for us to get to the UK just like that you know.

How are we getting it easy? We still have to qualify and everything.

Just because you won the UK one doesn't mean you can just belittle the Irish one.

Where's the Euro Finals being held anyway? Hmmm?

Advertisement