Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official IRISH XBOX Pro Evo 5 tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wow what a knob this guy is. I hope he gets a good beating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

evad_lhorg wrote:
    wow what a knob this guy is. I hope he gets a good beating!
    He's absolutely fantastic at the game though.

LOL, Rough justice I guess. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Timans wrote:
    He's absolutely fantastic at the game though.

LOL, Rough justice I guess. :p

Just because you're good at something,

doesn't entitle you to be a complete tosser...

have you seen this muppet play timans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Rob Mclean

evad_lhorg wrote:
    have you seen this muppet play timans?
    This "muppet" beat your last Ireland champion 7-0 on pes4 and i wasnt even that good at it!! I scraped into the UK Finals before losing all my games and then beat the Ireland Champion 7-0.

I am not being a tosser, i am talking common sense.

If the UK has 21,000 users and we get 2 qualifiers i fail to see how you can get 2 qualifiers from 500 players.

@The person who says its not easy to travel to the UK. You are probably closer to London than i am.

I am not meaning to be offensive, i just think that you have been given these spots as a publicity stunt for this year as the finals are in Dublin. Your players will not do well at these finals, normally the tournaments you are currently doing would allow 3 players at the most to qualify to the UK Finals, which they normally then went out in the groups. This year 2 players are bypassing the bit they normally get knocked out of and going straight onto a whole new level.

You will see what i mean come the European Finals.

• Advertisement

I agree that we shouldn't get as many players as the UK get BUT, you didn't put it in a very nice way Rob.

I'll beat you anywhere, anytime Rob. Have you got LIVE!?

Yeah i would agree with that...

I only play on ps2 mate, if anyone wants a game on that im happy to play.

nah just buy a 360 and ill beat ya :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

What a muppet, he thinks anyone from Ireland is crap. Well I'm afraid sonny boy get off your high horse and come back down to earth with a hard bump. You cannot account for each and every one of us who play the game. I had to pull out myself as I have other commitments but boy I would've loved to won it and met you in competition and give you a whooping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Listen Rob. You've obviously proven yourself to be an excellent player, but you've also shown you're not too bright.

Exhibit A : You talk about a publicity stunt. Isn't the whole tournament a publicity stunt? Why else would it be organised, press releases sent out etc. Don't be naive. The tournament is about publicity for PES6 and Microsoft. We're all being used by their PR guys. I'm happy to do so, it's fun. Don't start thinking it's a real sport.

Exhibit B : In football , there are strong nations and weaker ones, why not the same in Pro Evo. England, Germany , France etc should all have excellent PES players due to their large populations. The fun is that they can still be beaten by a guy from Luxembourg.

You should get a life man.

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote:
    What a muppet, he thinks anyone from Ireland is crap. Well I'm afraid sonny boy get off your high horse and come back down to earth with a hard bump. You cannot account for each and every one of us who play the game. I had to pull out myself as I have other commitments but boy I would've loved to won it and met you in competition and give you a whooping.
    Yawn...

I have met hundreds of people like you.

I suggest you either come online and play me or shut up and let facts speak for themselves. Because FACTS back me up.

dmigsy wrote:
    Listen Rob. You've obviously proven yourself to be an excellent player, but you've also shown you're not too bright.

Exhibit A : You talk about a publicity stunt. Isn't the whole tournament a publicity stunt? Why else would it be organised, press releases sent out etc. Don't be naive. The tournament is about publicity for PES6 and Microsoft. We're all being used by their PR guys. I'm happy to do so, it's fun. Don't start thinking it's a real sport.

Exhibit B : In football , there are strong nations and weaker ones, why not the same in Pro Evo. England, Germany , France etc should all have excellent PES players due to their large populations. The fun is that they can still be beaten by a guy from Luxembourg.

You should get a life man.

I agree with that..

Apart from the last part... i have a great life.. nice friends, nice girlfriend... no problems in that department, but thanks for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Microsoft are based in Ireland, Sony cba with ireland, Microsoft pimping the 360 and anything related, it doesnt take agenius to figure out why Irleand got a spot.

Anyway tank top gonna whomp you all, but 1st i will whomp him :D

kdjac

ughhhh absolutely gutted. lost in the semi final to someone I was better than and I know it. he got a good goal but I missed some sitters and with literally the last kick of the game from a free kick I hit the post. was so annoyed. not sure who won but id say Dmigsy won it and deserved to as well. vvery good player tbh.

he almost got done in the semis by this guy who was fluking his way through all his matches. beat tank top luckily and his quarter finals matches.

So who won?

kdjac

evad_lhorg wrote:
    ughhhh absolutely gutted. lost in the semi final to someone I was better than and I know it. he got a good goal but I missed some sitters and with literally the last kick of the game from a free kick I hit the post. was so annoyed. not sure who won but id say Dmigsy won it and deserved to as well. vvery good player tbh.

he almost got done in the semis by this guy who was fluking his way through all his matches. beat tank top luckily and his quarter finals matches.
    "Fcuking Slut, That is Fcuking ****"

LOL, That was legend evad. Although, I feel your pain. The free kick was floating in and painfully hit the post.

Great laugh but I'm gutted aswell. can't believe I got so owned in the group stages. Shame you didn't win that match evad. I quite fancied the idea of being in a winning speech :p

All in all, a well organised and fun event and already looking forward to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

grrrrrrrrrr

knocked out by a jammy ****er, I was ahead for 84 minutes of the match, **** it anyway

Hope dmigsy won, best player on the day and he'll do well in the Euro's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Cheers Tank. I won it alright. Beat Damo in the final.

Very close though. I went 2-0 up in the first 15 mins, then started to get nervous! He pulled back to 2-2 then gave away a penalty which I stuck away. He pulled back to 3-3, then gave me another peno that I also converted. That was with 5 mins left. I hung on to close it out at 4-3.

dmigsy wrote:
    Cheers Tank. I won it alright. Beat Damo in the final.

Very close though. I went 2-0 up in the first 15 mins, then started to get nervous! He pulled back to 2-2 then gave away a penalty which I stuck away. He pulled back to 3-3, then gave me another peno that I also converted. That was with 5 mins left. I hung on to close it out at 4-3.

delighted for ye mate, I should be back on Live within a week or two fingers crossed, I'll give you a shout for a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

gah wish I was around for this, sounded like lots of fun

• Advertisement

Well Done dmigsy. My GT is Timans, add me if you're up for a game. See if I can beat the Irish Champ.

Tank Top, you were very unlucky. I thought you were going to get to the Semi's at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I think they should have a new system. Everyone in the Irish qualifiers has to pick Ireland, everyone in the French qualifiers has to pick France etc. I'd love it:D Ian Harte, super sub.

Timans wrote:
    Well Done dmigsy. My GT is Timans, add me if you're up for a game. See if I can beat the Irish Champ.

Tank Top, you were very unlucky. I thought you were going to get to the Semi's at least.

I was asking for it not killing that match off though, still I'll be back next year, and I'll be back on live soon to dish out some pain

nice one,

I look forward to playing you. And Winning. :p

Are any of the people who done well online on ps2 at all?

nah ps2 is rubbish man.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    nah ps2 is rubbish man.

Xbox is rubbish PC FTW!!!

kdjac

nah xbox live is the business.

I aint changed my opinion after the Euros last night.

Nice stage, nice girls, nice music...

The Irish were waaaaaaaay outta their depth though. Nice guys but out of depth.

I think they both finished bottom... the one in my group did anyway, i won 4-0 and it was 3-0 at half time and he had one shot :rolleyes:

You are nice guys but there is no point in you going to the Euros every year and getting battered...

I was the runner up btw... a German won it and it was an AMAZING day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Of course there's a point. That's like saying there's no point in our national team going to the World cup. It's the taking part that counts. Anyway, it only takes on person to win it, that one person could be born anywhere. By the same mentality, what was the point in you going if you didn't win it?

Advertisement