Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official IRISH XBOX Pro Evo 5 tournament

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Rob Mclean wrote:

I was the runner up btw... a German won it and it was an AMAZING day.

Awww no point in you going anymore if your going to be beaten by a German, was it on penos??

Odd how none of the good players from boards went, only the fanboys off Xbox Ireland. Which makes me think there was a lot of kids at it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

XboxIreland doesn't exist actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Rob Mclean

KdjaCL wrote:
    Awww no point in you going anymore if your going to be beaten by a German, was it on penos??

Odd how none of the good players from boards went, only the fanboys off Xbox Ireland. Which makes me think there was a lot of kids at it.

kdjac
    None of the good players went haha, someone needs to do their research :D

Some of the people there had won thousands playing pro :eek:

I was one of the youngest there at 18, most people were 21-24

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i woulda won it! :p

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i woulda won it! :p

No sadly Me PHB Janer or Berns would have won it, quite easily considering who made the knockouts and how it was ran(tank top etc :D ).

Shame it on xbox tho.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

KdjaCL wrote:
    No sadly Me PHB Janer or Berns would have won it, quite easily considering who made the knockouts and how it was ran(tank top etc :D ).

Shame it on xbox tho.

kdjac
    If you are REALLY good, You could play on any console..

Timans wrote:

If it meant anything other than a marketting excercise it be on the console it was made for and not those gay pads.

Why i didnt play and school you girls :p , PHB in Chinaland.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

At first I preferred the PS2 version for a few years and now after playing 360 for so long I prefer the 360 pad anyday of the week, god loves change!

Id say itll rock on 360.....

Timans is right, I went back to ps2 version a couple of weeks ago and it was same as it would be on the 360!

Timans wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I played on an XBOX a while ago, is there no super cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Rob Mclean wrote:
    I aint changed my opinion after the Euros last night.

Nice stage, nice girls, nice music...

The Irish were waaaaaaaay outta their depth though. Nice guys but out of depth.

I think they both finished bottom... the one in my group did anyway, i won 4-0 and it was 3-0 at half time and he had one shot :rolleyes:

You are nice guys but there is no point in you going to the Euros every year and getting battered...

I was the runner up btw... a German won it and it was an AMAZING day.

Well done on making it to the final Rob. What were the prizes?

It was me you beat in the first game. There are problems with the way the tournament is structured in Ireland. Why have the Irish finals on 360 when the Euros are on PS2? (I'm not complaining, I won a 360 and a HD TV for winning the Irish one:) )

Still disagree with you saying there's being no point in Ireland participating. What if Scotland were not allowed to play France because they were ranked so much further below them? Scotland beat France even though France are a far better team. It helps keeps things interesting.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    I played on an XBOX a while ago, is there no super cancel?

why cant people get their heads around.... the controls are EXACTLY the same!!!!! R1 IS THE TRIGGER!!! R2 IS THE BUMPER BUTTON!!!! :rolleyes: much better pad for the game. ps2 pad has a terrible layout and terrible analog sticks.

I get your point.

But why should you get 2 qualifiers? SPL dont get 4 champs league places do they? You see what i mean?

You lot should have to go through the UK Finals like us Scots do (we are an independant country too you know ;) )

No prizes, just a 5 star hotel etc and a nice weekend. Im getting ****loads of sponsorship though, getting paid for wearing t shirts etc and magazine stuff :)

evad_lhorg wrote:
    why cant people get their heads around.... the controls are EXACTLY the same!!!!! R1 IS THE TRIGGER!!! R2 IS THE BUMPER BUTTON!!!! :rolleyes: much better pad for the game. ps2 pad has a terrible layout and terrible analog sticks.
    The game was designed for the flipping ps2 pad you idiot lol. And the R2 Button takes too long to go down and the X Box Dpad is shizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Rob Mclean wrote:
    I get your point.

But why should you get 2 qualifiers? SPL dont get 4 champs league places do they? You see what i mean?

You lot should have to go through the UK Finals like us Scots do (we are an independant country too you know ;) )

No prizes, just a 5 star hotel etc and a nice weekend. Im getting ****loads of sponsorship though, getting paid for wearing t shirts etc and magazine stuff :)

Sorry Rob, can't get my head around what you're saying. Scotland is not an independent country. Ireland is. There is a huge difference. I may as well qualify through the Japanese Finals as the UK Finals. Both are foreign states.

Your point about the Champions League seedings is weak too. The Champions League is no longer a league of champions. It also includes lots runners up, 3rd and 4th placed finishers. If you apply similar structure to the PES Euros , you will end up with a 5 or 6 nation tournament, which I think would take away a lot of the fun of the event.

Hope you're doing well out of the sponsorships. It stinks you didn't get a big ass prize.

does it really stink? Kinda glad that someone as arrogant as this guy didnt win it.

Yeah yeah whatever :p, its hard to come across the same online as you do offline.

Yeah im going to Media cup in London next week and meeting John Terry again and doing some stuff for magazines so its all good.

Take care mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Was wondering how yiz got on, unlucky to the Irish lads

I would have loved a shot at that Rob fella, arrogant tosser

What prize did the overall winner get?

lolz at the "there were people there who have earned thousands playing Pro Evo professionally" comment

Here Kdjac, get your arse in gear and get a 360, It's a bold statement, but the people I've played over live are a hell of a lot better than anyone I've played on the PS2

and having played Dmigsy I can vouch for his quality, top player, and looking forward to having another pop at him

oh and 360 pad > PS2 pad for Pro Evo, I find the PS2 pad awkward after using the 360 one, it just feels nicer

Here Kdjac, get your arse in gear and get a 360, It's a bold statement, but the people I've played over live are a hell of a lot better than anyone I've played on the PS2
    r

Wait till Gears of War is out, you havent played Berns Janer or PHB or me get it for PC and join us in #pes.ie

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Wait till Gears of War is out, you havent played Berns Janer or PHB or me get it for PC and join us in #pes.ie

kdjac

Trying to run PES on my pc would be impossible mate

Trying to run PES on my pc would be impossible mate

Whats your pc? I have stuff for pcs.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've played in about 3 live tourneys and won them all, they don't come close to the level of skill that you used to find in say pes.launcher.uk on the PC.

KdjaCL wrote:
    Whats your pc? I have stuff for pcs.

kdjac

It's a custom built one my mate made for me, it's four years old now so whatever was standard around then is in it

I've no great interest in playing through a pc though TBH

look we can all play on what want but if you dont go to the tournaments you cant really say you are better. doesnt matter what console it is played on as they are all the same controls.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    look we can all play on what want but if you dont go to the tournaments you cant really say you are better. doesnt matter what console it is played on as they are all the same controls.

I can ,i know i am better than all of you.

:D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I'd love to have PES on pc aswell as it would be handy. It's cheap aswell so get it along with the 360 one.

BUT, My pc is AWFUL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭peepingtom

dmigsy wrote:
    Sorry Rob, can't get my head around what you're saying. Scotland is not an independent country. Ireland is. There is a huge difference. I may as well qualify through the Japanese Finals as the UK Finals. Both are foreign states.

Your point about the Champions League seedings is weak too. The Champions League is no longer a league of champions. It also includes lots runners up, 3rd and 4th placed finishers. If you apply similar structure to the PES Euros , you will end up with a 5 or 6 nation tournament, which I think would take away a lot of the fun of the event.

Hope you're doing well out of the sponsorships. It stinks you didn't get a big ass prize.

I think robs point is that pesrankings is a site for the UK & Ireland which he won to play in the euros where he represented both. It was a little unfair having a seperate qualifier for Ireland to get places in the euros via the back door. Rankings should seperate this year so Ireland has its own rankings .... but it wont happen :(

Looks like the only official league will be on xbox too ... which sucks

and having played Dmigsy I can vouch for his quality, top player, and looking forward to having another pop at him

oh and 360 pad > PS2 pad for Pro Evo, I find the PS2 pad awkward after using the 360 one, it just feels nicer

Point 1) Every UK Champ has always been a ps2 player, all the xbox players record is is the quarter finals. Their champ always goes out in quarters or before.

Point 2) How come he only got 1 point then? I dont mean offence Dmigsy, im just pointing something out, sorry if you take it offensively.

Point 3) Why did Seabass say that it works better on the ps2 as it was designed for it then?

Rob Mclean wrote:
    Point 1) Every UK Champ has always been a ps2 player, all the xbox players record is is the quarter finals. Their champ always goes out in quarters or before.

If Msft ireland here you say that, you do know they will be round your house.

kdjac

Advertisement