Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reciever with 2 card slots?

• 25-08-2006 6:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder is it possible to get a digital reciever that can hold 2 cards at the same time. So that one wouldnt have to be changing the cards around when they want to view certain channels.

Im looking to getting a FTV card (Sky i suppose!) and one of the Art 1-6 cards that come with all that free football with Arabic.

Are there any of these recievers about or am i waisting my time.

Also can a sky freesat card work with any digital reciever or does it have to be a decommisioned sky box

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

maplins are doing a via reciever for €134. it has embedded via (Suitable for art card) another card slot and 2 CI slots that could take 2 cams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No way we can discuss on here of using an NDS UK ("Sky" cards) card in a receiver other than a Sky box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Sky receiver can be any kind. But while some "enthousists" have reported a Sky card working in non-Sky receivers it may not work tomorrow, isn't simple and might even result in card getting "switched off".

A Sky FTV card will swap with an Irish card in Sky Digibox, but two digiboxes is a better solution.

No recording is enabled on Sky+ or SkyHD though with a FTV card without a UK Sky+ / SkyHD sub (possible without a package subscription).

Advantages of the Sky receiver are:
    * Needed for UK FTV card or pay TV Card
    * Sky & BBC Interactive work
    * ROI & NI sub are only route for RTE /TG4 Satellite
    * Comprehensive Program Guide
    * Automatic tuning of channels
    * Easier to use than many FTA non-Sky receivers.

NOTE Particularly
    * Sharing ANY satellite Pay TV card is illegal and theft
    * Watching pay TV (encrypted) channels not paid for (to the supplier) and without legitmate card is illegal and theft.

Using a Sky card in a non-Sky receiver that is legitmate and only does what it does IN a Sky Receiver is not illegal and can AFAIK be discussed. But fairly pointless a present as Sky does not approve or support it, and it may be a good way to waste al ot of time and money.

Do note that the viewing card of active or cancelled UK or Ireland subs and also the UK FTV (Free Sat from Sky) all belong always to NDS/Sky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Cheers lads.

So are there other ftv cards out there other then the SKY one that will work with anytype of reciever.I think the BBC have one dont they?

Do you get more channels with the SKY FTV card

No for Sky Digibox there is only ever been one kind of FTV card. The BBC used to be involved but not now. Sky Market them now.
    It ONLY adds C4, Five and Sky3 to the freely available channels without a card. You used to need it for BBC & ITV, but they work with no card and even without a Sky receiver.

Other countries (Swiss, Dutch & etc) have equivalent FTV card systems but the cards won't work in a Sky box, nor does the dish poinjt to the correct place.

• Advertisement

So basicly I have to get a Sky digibox to get FTV in ireland..
    That sucks as I dont want to give sky a cent of my money(Well maybe for their FTV Card ;))

Im not planning to get a Skydigibox. What about these ART cards you can get?

An expensive method of watching football, that may be cheaper than Sky's more expensive solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I would hardly consider an ART card for 150 a year an expensive method to watch football compared to sky.

Where can I get hold of these ART cards. I see they do english and spanish leagues but with Arabic commentry i presume.

I would hardly consider an ART card for 150 a year an expensive method to watch football compared to sky.
    Indeed I suggested Sky is more expensive.

To get Art cards:

You can PM Aquos76

Or Google

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

jank wrote:
    Where can I get hold of these ART cards. I see they do english and spanish leagues but with Arabic commentry i presume.

English or Arabic commentary.
    you choose with the remote control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

http://cgi.ebay.ie/12-months-ART-sports-satellite-card-123456-1-year-NEW_W0QQitemZ170022949910QQihZ007QQcategoryZ60837QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bought my card off this guy for 140ish he has them now at a buy now of 137 which is a fantastic price. I recieved mine in three days from him as he tod me in the beginning. Item turns up in registered post.

Advertisement