Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 prebooking?

• 25-08-2006 6:28pm

Hi,

I'm wondering whether to prebook a PS3...to be honest I remember the profits that were being made (on eBay) when the Xbox 360 first came out...do you guys think there will be a similar demand when the PS3 comes out? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi,

I'm wondering whether to prebook a PS3...to be honest I remember the profits that were being made (on eBay) when the Xbox 360 first came out...do you guys think there will be a similar demand when the PS3 comes out? Cheers

Its a worldwide launch date, so I guess there will be high demand. I was thinking of ths myself, would be very interested in selling it on ebay. But if you haven't sold before you will have no feedback for users to see and they might not be interested in dealing with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Official prebooking will probably start next month. Some retailers may be taking them already, but they're not 'official', and many places are waiting until Sony gives them word on allocations etc.

Word is Sony may try to deter eBay scalpers via a high deposit (€150-200, perhaps) and possibly online registration also. Nothing's official yet.

As someone who'll be genuinely trying to get a PS3 at launch, I kind of have to wag my finger at you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

My friend booked his PS3 about a month ago in Smyths, Galway. €70 deposit IIRC. They even have a printed booklet type thing which all the features/specs etc. He's also looking at selling it on ebay if the price is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bambamconscious

morally that's poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

morally that's poor.

indeed. and it seems sony and the retailers are going to join forces here and have quite substantial deposits so keep out the guys pre-ordering in various stores with their €20 notes. wouldn't be surprised if the up-take on ebay is low after the 360 "debacle"

why pay €2000+ for something that'll be readily on shelves within a few weeks/months anyway?

• Advertisement

I see my local XtraVision taking €100 deposits.....two basic questions though.....when is it coming out in Ireland and what will the full price be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I see my local XtraVision taking €100 deposits.....two basic questions though.....when is it coming out in Ireland and what will the full price be?
    www.google.ie

lol yes it was a lazy post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

nex time do as ciaran said, and use google. it's not hard.

the RRP for ps3 in ireland is likely to be €630 and will be out on November 17th (emergence day :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭icom

According to Komplett: The "Sony PlayStation 3, 60 GB harddisk, Console - Black -369 pcs expected on stock 2006-11-17" @ €629.99

Link:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=324725

• Advertisement
Advertisement