Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remap

• 25-08-2006 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Does anybody have details of where you could get a remap done on a VW TDI in Ireland (Dublin)?

Thanks,

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Check out www.autoremap.com or www.chippedire.com
    Both are mentioned on www.vagdrivers.net as good places to get a VW remapped. ChippedIRE has a list of cars they can definately remap too. Lots of TDI´s on the list

Hope this helps

Esskay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

My mate had his toledo chipped, it went from 90hp to 121hp and 78ft/lbs ( extra ) which is quite a jup for 300 quid. What you can also do is, is if you have a bottom of the range engine, sometimes a ecu from a higher spec engine can just slot in. Not always but somtimes, i know it works with the golfs. You can drop a red TDI into a red I and get a lot more performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Joe@chipped IRE

anti wrote:
    My mate had his toledo chipped, it went from 90hp to 121hp and 78ft/lbs ( extra ) which is quite a jup for 300 quid. What you can also do is, is if you have a bottom of the range engine, sometimes a ecu from a higher spec engine can just slot in. Not always but somtimes, i know it works with the golfs. You can drop a red TDI into a red I and get a lot more performance

I just need to correct you on that , it is impossible to just throw one ecu from a differnt Vw into your car , the ecu's are coded and has immobiliser codes

Maybe it was a modded ecu ? All i know id that i saw it taken out of one golf, and put into another while i was up in extremeautos, then run on the RR. And i know the toledo one worked for a fact, as we got the ecu from the breakers, and took it home and pluged it in and off it went, then went to RR to get it looked at

I just double checked with a mate of mine james whos a bmw mechanic in bolands,and alos a rally driver. and the ecu's can be swapped. Espicially between vw engines. most common one is from audi TT's to golfs.

You are 100% correct about the codes. But they can easilly be found if you know what i mean :p

• Advertisement

If you do get it remapped let us know how you got on and what kind of difference it makes. I am considering getting the corrado remapped, supposed to add up to 30bhp and 33 ft/lb of torque, but I would like to see if it impacts fuel consumption a lot cause the corrado drinks juice like an alco on paddys day as it is.

It is meant to actually improve fuel consumption in most cases

i've heard that alright, but I just wanted to hear from someone who actually had it done. TBH I can't see the car getting 30bhp extra AND better fuel consumption. I might be wrong and I hope I am, but it seem to good to be true. The Corrado does about 18mpg as it is, if it gets any worse than that and I'll be broke in no time :-\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

anti wrote:
    It is meant to actually improve fuel consumption in most cases

It may well improve fuel consumption but it will consume more when your using the gained power from the remap. There can be no increase in performace without extra fuel being used.
    anti wrote:
    I just double checked with a mate of mine james whos a bmw mechanic in bolands,and alos a rally driver. and the ecu's can be swapped. Espicially between vw engines. most common one is from audi TT's to golfs.

Some Golfs have different Turbos to the TT. It would be important to make sure that the turbo in the two cars is identical otherwise it will run badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

safest bet is martin tracey in Enfield.. about 30 mins drive from blancherstown, westward engineering,one of the best in the business... He is the only man I let map my cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭kdevitt

esskay wrote:
    Both are mentioned on as good places to get a VW remapped. ChippedIRE has a list of cars they can definately remap too. Lots of TDI´s on the list

They both pay for advertising on that site, which might go some way to explaining why they're recommended.

I'd go with Martin Treacy as mentioned above, or Track Day Performance in Wicklow. Its their full time occupation, and they're completely professional, rather than being people who do it as a hobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Joe@chipped IRE

kdevitt wrote:
    They both pay for advertising on that site, which might go some way to explaining why they're recommended.

I'd go with Martin Treacy as mentioned above, or Track Day Performance in Wicklow. Its their full time occupation, and they're completely professional, rather than being people who do it as a hobby.

Ken , get your facts right before posting info about me .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Ken , get your facts right before posting info about me .

If his facts are so wrong, then why are you listed under "Site Sponsors & Banner Advertisers" on the VAGdrivers.net website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

*time out*

there has been a complaint about defamatory comments about a company here.

i'd just like to state for the record, that while there may be something going on on another site somewhere, i have yet to see a defamatory comment about any company on this thread.

i do not want this site threatened by litigious action becuase of something that has happened elseswhere, and i also see no evidence of 'harrassment' on this thread.

there is a discussion of remap's going on here. id like the conversation to be about that.

if there is any further issue with that, then please PM me directly.

other than that i will consider a line drawn under this subject and it is closed on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

i went to autoremap and found martin goood and got power increase,did remap to get rid of flat spot which it did
    mpg stayed the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

how much ,where and what gains ?

ok
    it cost same for all which is 400 euros and every thing was spot on,told me as they where doing things,as saying goes,does whats said on tin
    did it to get rid of flat spot when picking up speed ,got extra 30 bhp and no hit on mp

http://www.autoremap.com

logic auto are good to
    www.autoremap.com
    and
    http://www.logicautomotive.ie/
    and
    http://www.turbotech.ie/
    if choice 0f 2,would go top 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Mike2006 wrote:
    Does anybody have details of where you could get a remap done on a VW TDI in Ireland (Dublin)?

Thanks,

Mike.
    Did you get it done?How is it working out?
    Anyone experience with celtictuning?

Advertisement