Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal movie

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

...snip...

again I find myself nodding in agreement wtih KH...and that scares me since he is only a "youngster" himself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

OP, if you're writing a screenplay, I would advise you to stick to what you know best. And if you think HIM, FOB and MCR have anything to do with metal then I'd wager the eighties must be what you know best.

Also, Karl, I agree with you, just remember that this:
    KH wrote:
    Emo is not Metal therefor you cannot criticise Metal based on Emo
    ...holds true vice versa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    again I find myself nodding in agreement wtih KH...and that scares me since he is only a "youngster" himself :)

Good taste knows no boundaries my friend. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Good taste knows no boundaries my friend. ;)

yes it does, look what happened Trivium

And as far as you were saying about my earlier comments (Emo etc). I just know what I like, I like Metal (i.e. Glam Metal and a little Mainstream Metal...metal that gets into the charts)...and I yes I do think that Emo sucks and I dont think its the same as Metal and im sorry for confusing the two of them, but I do think that the original OP would be wise to check out my other post in this thread about the bands of today that make the 80s sound alive, simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

You should make it about a bunch of 20 something year olds in modern times, but they are all mentally still stuck in the 80's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Clown

80's are the best. Most modern music sucks. The 80's had cooler fashion and a better attitude towards music. Also I like the selfdestructiveness of 80's bands. I'm only 16 and me and my mates all love the whole Glam Metal scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

It should be about the 80's and bands everyone knows about even if they're not into metal, Kiss, Motley Crue etc. As this would make it more accessible to non metal fans.

Advertisement