Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First televised game meet-up?

Options
  • 25-08-2006 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Right fellas, those of you outside Dublin will probably not be too interested for the moment, but may as well start the ball rolling on getting together for a TV game.

Here's our live TV schedule for the next few months:

A Sat 9th Sep Manchester United 17:15
    A Thu 14th Sep Slavia Prague 19:45
    A Sat 23rd Sep Liverpool 12:45
    H Thu 28th Sep Slavia Prague 19:45
    H Sun 1st Oct Portsmouth 16:00
    H Sun 5th Nov Chelsea 16:00

Thats just Sky PL games and the UEFA Cup games being shown on ITV, there may be 3pm kick offs on satellite I'm unaware of. Vote for your preference.

Which game would you prefer to meet for? 3 votes

Man Utd 9 Sep
    0% 0 votes
    Slavia Prague (A) 14 Sep
    0% 0 votes
    Liverpool 23 Sep
    100% 3 votes
    Slavia Prague (H) 28 Sep
    0% 0 votes
    Portsmouth 1 Oct
    0% 0 votes
    Chelsea 5 Nov
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

My preference is for the 1st leg of the UEFA Cup against Slavia, I'm at ManYoo and Pool away, Slavia at the Lane, hopefully Pompey in Oct and I'm on a flight to Madrid the day of the Chelsea game...:D

I'm not the supporters club though, so tell us what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Slavia away sounds good. There's a chance I'll be on holidays that week but as long as I'm around I'd be up for it.

Bump.

Anyone any more suggestions?

Think Slavia on Thursday is definitely a runner, just where to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd say Slavia too if I was around but I'm heading to Amsterdam on Thursday morning for the weekend. Wonder if I'll be able to find a station showing it over there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

I don't think you're in luck SuprSi the only European stations carrying it are Setanta Ireland, 5 in the UK, and CT4 the Czech station none of which are likely to be popular in the local bars :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brozio

you should be able to see it in an irish pub as most will have setanta for the GAA matches. Also there is a big sports bar near rembrants square that i'm sure would have sky digital

OK fellas, not sure who's interested, but I'll be watching the game in the Flowing Tide on the corner of Abbey Street and Marlbrough Street, just across fromthe LUAS stop.

I'll be there from around 6pm, more than likely sitting at the bar. I've red hair and specs, easy enough to pick out (the pint of Guinness in front of me will be a giveaway as well)

There's a bar downstairs, but I'll be on the ground floor.

p.s. there's an Irish bar called Durty Nellys just on the edge of the red loght district not too far from Damrak, they definitely have Sky Sports and you can be sure there'll be plenty of ex-pats looking to watch.

Advertisement