Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be careful where you bless yourself :D

• 25-08-2006 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭

Because the police might come and get you!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/5287664.stm
    Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc has been cautioned for breach of the peace by police for blessing himself in an Old Firm match at Ibrox in February.

i know its at Ibrox and all but still, a cuation for blessing yourself at a football match ? how many players when running onto a football pitch, touch the turf and bless themselves ? Seems a bit rediculous to me!

( Bear in mind, if there is more to this story i dont know of it or where it might have been posted before :) )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ah religion - peace and love...

and the cause of every war since man was made.

fúckin stooooooopppppid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

PC has gone mad :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

The Irony had he done a "Seig Heil" hand signal, nothing would probably have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Brian017 wrote:
    PC has gone mad :mad:
    Have you tried the Computer Forum? They might be able to help you out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

BaZmO* wrote:

Get your coat.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

BaZmO* wrote:

Take a bow son, take a bow :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭sideFX

An absolute joke but the write up says he done it in the second half and my understanding of the write up is he must have turned faced the Rangers supporters and blessed himself trying to be a smart arse, which is kinda trying to wind them up. So i can understand why the coppers reported him. I've never been to Ibrox but i dare say it is more than a fairly charged up atmosphere for old firm games. That's the way i understand it, i might be wrong.

As someone else says most players do it running on to the pitch so this sounds like it is a wee bit different...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Don't Rangers fans bless themselves? They are for the most part Christian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

that just blows my mind, the world(scotland) has gone mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,326 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It never ceases to amaze me how fickle football fans are. One minute they are shouting the most vile and abusive stuff at a player, the next minute they are totally offended when a player answers back/does something. The football fans who run to the police when something like this happens need to grow up and stop being a total wuss. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He actually gets a criminal record for blessing himself on the basis that his actions were seen to be provocative and likely to incite public disorder. Even if Boruc was reacting to the crowd he wouldn't deserve a criminal record but how is blessing himself meant to offend the Rangers fans. afaik he has a little ritual in every game of kicking each post and basically pumping himself up. I don't know if he usually blesses himself but they have just got way OTT in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would have thought a clamp down on this would have been illegal. would be like telling a muslim no more praying to Allah. the man blessed himself. stupid police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

When Mourinho put his finger to his lip last season against Liverpool that could certainly be described as provocative. Can you imagine him getting a criminal record for it? Not a chance.

This just sums up the the bigotry in Scotland.

SNP leader Alex Salmond said he thought the Procurator Fiscal had "taken leave of their senses" by cautioning Boruc.

The Banff and Buchan MP said: "I will be demanding an explanation for this. Crossing yourself cannot possibly be considered a breach of the peace.

"It is a religious sign and has international recognition. It is ludicrous. If they had taken this to court then it would have been laughed out.

"The Procurator Fiscal and the Crown Office is acting in a way that will inflame rather than reduce religious antagonism. It's the type of action that brings the law and legal system into total disrepute."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

celtic and rangers fans need to build a bridge and get over it

unless jesus has returned in the form of a world class striker with an alice band to hold back his flowing holy locks and both clubs are in a biding war for his services, then religion has not part in football

ps.

IF jesus DID return in the form of a footballer, would he have a touch boardering on the divine....get it? ....i kill me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Boruc has this as his defence 1 that hes innocent and hes does it every game 2 that rangers fans are bigoted gits and toog offence 3 he did to piss of rangers fans.

if 3 he deserves what he gets, 1 or 2 will SPL is the SPL.....

kdjac

Advertisement