Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Home URGENTLY required

Options
  • 25-08-2006 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

... for 2 wonderful companions! - not to be separated -

6yr old Golden Retriver and 7yr old English Setter Cross. Very well socialized and well behaved, excellent with children. Both chipped and fully vacinated. Owner emigrating.

Good home with time and plenty of TLC to give them required. Only genuine dog lovers need apply.

PM me or drop me an email at indepth@nearfm.ie and I´ll put you in contact with the owner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Sorry, I forget to put them up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

If only had the space for them hope you find a nice home for both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Thomas, do you want me to post them on my board?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Emigrating or not, I find it disturbing that someone could abandon such beautiful dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Samson wrote:
    Emigrating or not, I find it disturbing that someone could abandon such beautiful dogs.

I was just thinking the very same...I couldn't do it any way, my dogs are family.

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    I was just thinking the very same...I couldn't do it any way, my dogs are family.

I hear what you´re saying and I agree BUT at this point in time my energy goes to finding a new home for the dogs. I personally would never leave my dog behind.

Please folks keep asking around!!! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

How much are you asking for them? Are they used to being kept in the family dwelling house? I am interested but the folks here would not allow me to leave the dogs inside the dwelling house.:(
    Do you think they would be very upset at being sent to a new owner given that they are with you for several years.

Obviously they would be provided with a nice dry shed to sleep in and I am a genuine dog lover who has no dogs at the moment only two stupid cats.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭mjffey

TJ how is it going with the two dogs. Did you find a home for them? I've been asking around here where I live (Co. Mayo), but problem is that everybody I know has already at least three dogs.
    Yours are absolutely beautiful. Shame we have already two Irish wolfhounds and a terrier crossbreed ourself.
    We couldn't take any dogs anyway at the moment as our youngest dog is only 1 year old and needs to be at least 2 before we can get another one. She needs to settle in first and know her place in the pack (on top of the two boys....:D )

I'll keep on trying anyway. Post on here if you have found a good home for them.

mjffey wrote:
    TJ how is it going with the two dogs. Did you find a home for them? I've been asking around here where I live (Co. Mayo), but problem is that everybody I know has already at least three dogs.
    Yours are absolutely beautiful. Shame we have already two Irish wolfhounds and a terrier crossbreed ourself.
    We couldn't take any dogs anyway at the moment as our youngest dog is only 1 year old and needs to be at least 2 before we can get another one. She needs to settle in first and know her place in the pack (on top of the two boys....:D )

I'll keep on trying anyway. Post on here if you have found a good home for them.

Thanks for trying. Talked to the owner yesterday and he hadn´t found a home yet. It is very difficult given the circumstances but we´re not giving up hope just yet.

I am hopeful I will be able / allowed to take them. They were just the type of dogs I was looking for. Will know for sure by the end of the week. ;)

• Advertisement

Good man Alfasudcrazy, I hope things work out for all of your sakes. If I had more room I'd love to take them, they really are beautiful dogs.:)

I am hopeful I will be able / allowed to take them. They were just the type of dogs I was looking for. Will know for sure by the end of the week. ;)

I hope you can take them, they are lovely.

Sorry for bringing it up again BUT unfortunately we still haven´t found a home for the two lovely dogs! Please ask people who might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have you logged on to irishanimals.ie and to petsireland to put them up there as well?

Have you logged on to irishanimals.ie and to petsireland to put them up there as well?

I have!! Anyway, just got word that the owner found a home for the dogs. They don´t need to be separated at all and will be well looked after!!

Thats great news, glad to hear it.:)

It wasn't me but I am glad they found a good home - I have two dogs now too - got two Doberman pedigree pups - so in the end everyone's happy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Great news. I'll take them off my board so :).

That's really great news. Hope they go to a wonderful new home. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fruitcake

The retriever is beautiful really reminds me of our beloved two year old golden who was stolen in july..we are heartbroken after her..A word of warning to everyone with pedigree dogs (no offence to the mongrel owners, they are great dogs too, but fortunately are less likely to be stolen) if you live in a country or even a residential area, never let your pets wander outside your garden. No matter how safe you feel it is, you never know who might be prowling around..We feel that our house was being watched for some time and thats how they knew about our dog..I hope those two pooches find good homes..:(

• Advertisement

fruitcake wrote:
    The retriever is beautiful really reminds me of our beloved two year old golden who was stolen in july..we are heartbroken after her..A word of warning to everyone with pedigree dogs (no offence to the mongrel owners, they are great dogs too, but fortunately are less likely to be stolen) if you live in a country or even a residential area, never let your pets wander outside your garden. No matter how safe you feel it is, you never know who might be prowling around..We feel that our house was being watched for some time and thats how they knew about our dog..I hope those two pooches find good homes..:(

I am sorry to hear that. Our dog is a white German shepherd and now you have all those "experts" wondering if he could be a wolf. Anyway, I had plenty of individuals in muppet-city asking me how much the dog was and telling me that one could make € 1500,- even if he is neutered.

Ever since I am using another park and unfortunately the dog has to stay inside the house and can´t use the garden when we´re away.

And even in the park you can see people "scanning" dogs with their eyes and you can tell they´re up to no good.

Very difficult indeed to allow your dog freedom and making sure not to loose sight of it.

That´s my dog by the way: www.cheerfulcharlie.blogspot.com and www.holisticanimalhealing.net

Lovely dog.

I'm glad we live in the west with our two irish Wolfhounds. The only questions we get are "Are you breeding with them. They can make a lot of money....." and "they must eat a lot"

We live in a very small hamlet and everybody knows everybody, and you can't see our house at all. We are nicely tucked behind a lot of trees and a small, long tree lined driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fruitcake

beautiful german shepard, gorgeous and quite rare too Id imagine...yep you have to be so careful...we live in a country area about three miles from the nearest town..but our dog was still taken (our neighbours dog was picked up too in fact) The only thing is that in recent years, there have been a few really big houses been built in our area by wealthy people from the town and I think that might have heightened interest in it. Only the other day my mother saw a suspicious looking van driving slowly past our house as if it was snooping around... I actually think it is the lowest thing someone can do, to steal a cherished family pet that the kids love, and who is in fact part of the family..it sickens me! Just keep them under close watch, particularly breeds like wolfhounds and alsations..they are extremely valuable..

Advertisement