Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The endless search for accommodation

Options
  • 25-08-2006 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I'm looking for a place near either the City Centre or Wilton. I'm attending Colaiste Stiofain Naofa if I success the interview. I would like a single room and I'm not willing to pay over 75euro a week.

Is there anyone in my boat? Is there anyone that can help? Everywhere I try is gone instantly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

was only for cit/ucc nm...

Try all the accomodation sites posted up on the stickies...most places would be over 90 euro a week though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Good bit away from the OP's destination of choice, ThrownAway.

OP, having a foot in both cities, I'm aware that daft.ie is more of a Dublin thing than a Cork one - although it's picking up. But people still tend to rely on the Echo down there - us Corkies are set in our ways, that's for sure! If you haven't tried daft.ie, it's a zillion times better than the Echo.

Just an aside: don't know if you're from Cork but Wilton is a fair trek from Stiofain Naofa (went there myself). The number 3 doesn't go through Wilton. Since you can pick it up from Roches (Debenhams soon) on Patrick Street, city centre would be your better choice. Or around Turner's Cross, Ballyphehane, The Lough if you fancy walking.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gyre

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not from Cork. I thought Wilton would be near enough to the college but by scale, I am fooled obviously. I've tried daft so many times not, it's at the very least painful. Let.ie is fairly bad and the echo places vanished as soon as I bought the paper. Is there a way of getting the classified section of the echo online. I live in Tipperary and to travel to cork for the ...ah echo... isn't at all logical. I wasted so much ****ing money today heading to Cork and the accommodation offices aren't the best either. Anyway, I'll keep trying. Do you know of anyone who needs someone to move in? Or is there any vacancies you know of?

Thanks again for the reply again guys!

Advertisement