Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new MGS4 footage...

Options
  • 25-08-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/5233

Crazy stuff, definitely sizing up to be an unstoppable game. It's could very well blow most everything out of the water. Damn their oily hides.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

is there any actually gameplay footage around ?
    was it just me or did those mech thingys that played football with the guys sound abit like cattle ?
    also i think you can hear sonic in the background :D

/edit spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    is there any actually gameplay footage around ?
    was it just or did those mech thingys that played football with the guys sound abit like cattle ?
    also i think you can hear sonic in the background :D

i believe we'll get some "official" footage today (which probably means the early hours given it's probably an american site that'll get it...) along with gameplay footage, so check up the usual sites tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

do they sh*t themselves at the end?

Also feck it I dont want a metal gear solid 4 game...I want this as a film. It looks brilliant and I cant afford a ps3...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

One thing with mgs games. They never released footage that wasn't in game graphics. All movie scenes in mgs games use in the game engine. If thats what the in game graphics are going to look like all i can say is wow. I want a ps3 :(

BloodBath wrote:
    One thing with mgs games. They never released footage that wasn't in game graphics. All movie scenes in mgs games use in the game engine. If thats what the in game graphics are going to look like all i can say is wow. I want a ps3 :(
    i think its safe to say its not, it will probably look good but not THAT good. Its not a release game anyway, so just pick up a PS3 in about a years time when there are better bargins around and more titles to choose from, thats my plan anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    so just pick up a PS3 in about a years time when there are better bargins around and more titles to choose from, thats my plan anyway :)

Unfortunatly, since games will probably be around €80-90+, the bargain ones will still probably be €40-50 each.

Kiith wrote:
    Unfortunatly, since games will probably be around €80-90+, the bargain ones will still probably be €40-50 each.
    i doubt they will be that dear! id say they will be around the same price as 360 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    i doubt they will be that dear! id say they will be around the same price as 360 games

Blu-Ray discs

jimi_t wrote:
    Blu-Ray discs
    well if that is the case then sony have shot themselves in the foot, cause i dont know anyone who will be willing to pay 600+eur for the console followed by 80-90eur for each game... I thought 360 games are too dear and in highstreet shops they still are, but online you can pick most new releases up for 45-50eur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

jimi_t wrote:
    Blu-Ray discs

These are more expensive that dual-layer DVDs at the moment, but in either case, the cost of the disc itself makes a very small contribution to the price of the game that you and me pay. We're talking cents for either type of disc.

I very much doubt they'll be any more expensive than 360 games (which are already really too expensive IMO, but that's another story altogether).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't be surpised if the PS3 games are significantly more expensive than 360 games. Sony is making a massive loss on each PS3 sold will need to make it back from games sales. With such a big loss on the PS3 the prices of the games might need to be increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I wouldn't be surpised if the PS3 games are significantly more expensive than 360 games. Sony is making a massive loss on each PS3 sold will need to make it back from games sales. With such a big loss on the PS3 the prices of the games might need to be increased.

sony made a massive loss on ps2 at that time too. there'll come a point where everything will balance out and sony will go back into profit. sony and micosoft aren't going into the console business to make money off the hardware

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    also i think you can hear sonic in the background

Yeah I think thats Sonic alright. Strange. With regards to whether or not they used in game graphics for that cut scene, I'd have to believe that they are indeed in game graphics. As mentioned above, any MGS game released never used CGI as a means to promote it. The graphics look pretty good IMO but TBH I've seen other games looking just as good graphic wise on PS3 although I must mention that I have yet to see direct footage of MGS4 that hasn't already been compressed which as we all know affects video quality.

Advertisement